Mina C.
Review for: Coconut more...
Your lips need this!!! Especially if you have dry lips! Of course you wouldn't want to use this on cracked lips. In today's beauty world of liquid matte lipsticks, this product is a must have! I find my matte liquid lipsticks apply more evenly. Some of those matte lipsticks can accentuate every line in your lips. So on days I know I'm going to wear matte liquid lipstick, I'll use this lip scrub before taking a shower or right after. Afterwards, when I'm applying all of my skincare and moisturizers, I'll add a layer of ChapStick® Total Hydration 100% Natural* Honey Blossom to soak into my newly exfoliated lips to lock in hydration. Your lips will thank you!!! Or even if you just have dry tight lips in need of a good exfoliation. I have come to love how this has helped my lips that I now use it 2-3 times a week. I find I get the best results when I exfoliate before I'm ready to go to bed, apply a generous layer of lip balm, and allow it to fully absorb overnight. You will wake up with healthy, hydrated and smooth lips! Another tip I would recommend is while using the lip scrub stick go past your actual lip line. When doing my lip line I keep the lip line centered in the middle of this lip scrub stick so I'm not just stopping at the edge of my lip. Doing that has made a notable difference in fine lines that bordered my lips. I wouldn't go to crazy past the lips since this is a grainy hard scrub intended for your lips, not your face. If your lips are really dry starting out, I would apply a thin layer a balm before using this scrub stick to create a slip, and allow the scrub to easily glide over. Take the scrub stick all over your lips as you would apply lipstick. You don't need to use a lot of pressure when doing this. Then I go over again this time using circular motions, before hugging your lip line. Once I'm done with those steps using the wand, I use my finger to massage the sugary grit in circular motions. If you are going to then take a shower, then wash it off then. Otherwise, I take a damp cloth or cleansing wipe, and wipe it all off. Add your balm, and you're good to go. It honestly takes 2 minutes. I promise you'll notice a difference! So if you love liquid matte lipsticks, but they make you lips look super dry revealing every line, then this is your new best friend! Did I mention it's only $3?!? I have the original one that doesnt have a flavor name, and also the "Coconut" one. I prefer the "Coconut" because I like the smell of it, and the hint of sweet taste it leaves behind. They have several other flavors/scents to choose from.