BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #18 in Lip Care

• Gently rub the over your lips in small, circular motions.
  • Wipe gently with a cotton pad and follow up with a nourishing lip balm.

ingredients:

e.l.f. Cosmetics Lip Exfoliator
  • "Good cheap purchase. I made a similar scrub out of coconut oil and sugar but I threw it out after I found this. The lipstick shape makes it much easier to use and less messy. I thought it might dry out but I've had it for a few months now, and it's still okay. It's going to come in handy this winter." in 1053 reviews
  • "I really like this product. It gently exfoliates while simultaneously moisturizing! And it smells so good. The taste it leaves on your lips is very sweet like honey." in 196 reviews
Mina C.
Review for: Coconut more...
Your lips need this!!! Especially if you have dry lips! Of course you wouldn't want to use this on cracked lips. In today's beauty world of liquid matte lipsticks, this product is a must have! I find my matte liquid lipsticks apply more evenly. Some of those matte lipsticks can accentuate every line in your lips. So on days I know I'm going to wear matte liquid lipstick, I'll use this lip scrub before taking a shower or right after. Afterwards, when I'm applying all of my skincare and moisturizers, I'll add a layer of ChapStick® Total Hydration 100% Natural* Honey Blossom to soak into my newly exfoliated lips to lock in hydration. Your lips will thank you!!! Or even if you just have dry tight lips in need of a good exfoliation. I have come to love how this has helped my lips that I now use it 2-3 times a week. I find I get the best results when I exfoliate before I'm ready to go to bed, apply a generous layer of lip balm, and allow it to fully absorb overnight. You will wake up with healthy, hydrated and smooth lips! Another tip I would recommend is while using the lip scrub stick go past your actual lip line. When doing my lip line I keep the lip line centered in the middle of this lip scrub stick so I'm not just stopping at the edge of my lip. Doing that has made a notable difference in fine lines that bordered my lips. I wouldn't go to crazy past the lips since this is a grainy hard scrub intended for your lips, not your face. If your lips are really dry starting out, I would apply a thin layer a balm before using this scrub stick to create a slip, and allow the scrub to easily glide over. Take the scrub stick all over your lips as you would apply lipstick. You don't need to use a lot of pressure when doing this. Then I go over again this time using circular motions, before hugging your lip line. Once I'm done with those steps using the wand, I use my finger to massage the sugary grit in circular motions. If you are going to then take a shower, then wash it off then. Otherwise, I take a damp cloth or cleansing wipe, and wipe it all off. Add your balm, and you're good to go. It honestly takes 2 minutes. I promise you'll notice a difference! So if you love liquid matte lipsticks, but they make you lips look super dry revealing every line, then this is your new best friend! Did I mention it's only $3?!? I have the original one that doesnt have a flavor name, and also the "Coconut" one. I prefer the "Coconut" because I like the smell of it, and the hint of sweet taste it leaves behind. They have several other flavors/scents to choose from.
Mel X.
Review for: Mint Maniac, Other more...
I have used two of the e.l.f. lip exfoliators in the past, the mint one and one with the larger grains of sugar. I'll start with the second one.

The lip scrub with larger sugar grains is effective, but because of how large the particles are, it is rougher on the lips and also falls apart, leaving a bit of a mess. If you use it vigorously, as I have to, large pieces of sugar and balm will fall off or stay in the lines on your lips, which gets a worse as you start wearing down further. If you have very dry lips, though, the bigger pieces could be very useful; they slough off the little pieces of dry skin on my lips very quickly. It smells great, by the way!

The mint scrub, overall, is better, in my opinion. Its sugar particles are much smaller, so it takes me a longer time to exfoliate – and a note, I have Sahara desert-dry lips – but it definitely is gentler than the larger sugar particle one. It doesn't fall apart the way the other one does, so there is less of a mess, and it has more of a moisturizing property. It smells great, too, but more artificial, if that makes any sense.

Overall, I would highly recommend these!
Denise S.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Coconut more...
My lips are severely chapped during the colder months, and plain ol' lip balm doesn't always cut it. Enter e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator! It's crazy cheap, smells delish and is quite effective at removing dry, flaky skin without causing irritation.

Ideally, I like to use this at least three times a week, typically right before I get ready for work. If you're planning on wearing a dark colored or matte lippie, this scrub is a must prior to application - you don't want your lipstick to cling to your rough, chapped lips! After using, make sure you apply a think layer of moisturizing lip balm to lock in hydration and keep that fresh skin you just revealed looking good!

While there are other lip scrubs out there with good reviews, why pay upwards of $20 when you can spend a fraction of that for a product that is just as effective? I'm hooked, and will definitely give the other varieties a try.
Ashley G.
Central falls
Review for: Sweet Cheery more...
This is probably the best affordable lip exfoliador I have ever found! This retails for about $3 at the drugstore. I bought mine at Target and got it in “sweet cherry” They also had a brown un scented one and a mint scented one. They have many other options of scents online on the E.L.F website. The packaging is simple, cute and classic. When you open it, it looks like a lipstick. When you start applying to your lips you could feel the sugary scrub bits exfoliating your lips. You could also feel almost like a lip balm while applying it. After you have got all the dead skin off with it, you can either lick it or get towel and run it under the sink. After that, you can remove the scrub bits with the towel. You can apply any lip balm to keep your lips feeling softer or you can keep it the way it is. Either way is fine, the product contains some moisturizer inside anyways. I definitely recommend this product and for the price it’s amazing! would buy again.
PiecesOf C.
Review for: Other more...
This is my first manufactured made lip scrub I’ve ever used for the first time last week. Typically, I made my own but since I don’t make coffee anymore, I don’t buy coffee and sugar in the raw. Thus, I needed a lip scrub that didn’t cost over $5. I actually read about elf’s product on one of Influenster’s articles and decided to try it. I chose elf over the rest bc of the price and application. I loved how it’s in a lipstick tube and I don’t have to get my fingers dirty.

I chose color/flavor clear bc I don’t like scents. However, the brown sugar has a very slight sweet smell that doesn’t bother me. The scrub is effective. The tube makes it so easy to use. I like it!
Kearsten L.
Killeen, TX
Review for: Mint Maniac more...
In today's world of drying matte liquid lipsticks, this is your go-to product! I have terribly dry lips and the matte lipsticks I wear do ~not~ help whatsoever. Naturally, I went on my (chapped) merry way off to Walmart in search of something to help and came across this bad boy.
I think the product was either $1 or $2. Super low budget. They like to say that the pricier something is, the better the quality, but in this scenario, that statement is so wrong. This does the same exact thing that the more expensive lip exfoliators do at a bargain of a price. I've had this for over a year, and it's only halfway gone and I use it quite frequently!

If you're concerned about dry lips, try the E.L.F Lip Exfoliator. You won't be sorry!
Deanna D.
Electra, TX
Review for: Sweet Cheery more...
EVERYONE NEEDS ONE OF THESE! I found this when I was shopping at Ulta after Christmas for $2.45 (it also came with a colored gloss) . I hadn't tried it before, so I just picked it up. I have fallen in love. My lips are always super dry and flaky. This sucks when your're trying to use any kind of lipstick because you can't get even coverage when you're lips are like that. This will literally remove all of the dead skin and will leave your lips super smooth. Follow it up with a really moisturizer lip balm and you're ready to apply your lipstick or to go out the door. I will repurchase this the next time I see it and I couldn't be happier about this purchase! I recommend these to any body and everybody.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Brown Sugar more...
I picked this up at Walmart after becoming tired of making my own sugar scrubs at home, and I have mixed feelings about this product. I'm not sure if I recieved a bad batch or what, but here's my thoughts:

The packaging isn't great - I found that the lid continually fell off, which is super annoying. You get what you pay for, I guess. The product itself is okay...it smells and tastes fantastic, and it does leave your lips feeling smooth, but I found the particles to be SUPER rough on my lips. I had to be very gentle with this stuff or else it genuinely hurt to apply.

It's the most affordable lip exfoliator I've found, and for that reason, I'm willing to give it another try...but I'm hesitant. Three stars for me.
Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
Review for: Coconut more...
I wanted to give this product a higher rating because it really does exfoliate your lips and it leaves them feeling really smooth, the product pretty much crumbles as you press it up against your lips. When you are exfoliating you have to press it and you have to rub it so that the dead skin cells actually get removed from your lips. Elf is usually good quality for the price but in this instance the price, to me, reflects the quality. I am unsure if it's because I have full lips, but I use this product twice and the second time around if pretty much disintegrated as I press it on my lips. It is a shame though because it got my lips really smooth from what I could get.
Lexi (.
Atlanta, GA
Review for: Coconut more...
talk about a bang for your buck! a great, sweet little scrub that makes exfoliating incredibly simple with the lipstick shape and application.

no more scrubbing with your fingers, the lipstick application makes it a breeze to massage the scrub in circles for a couple of minutes before washing off. my lips always feel extra special after using.

the fragrance is gentle and soothing and your lips are left soft and fresh. the tube is a nice heavy metal which makes it feel stable and like you purchased something worth far more than the price tag.

if i am looking for a lip scrub, this is always my go-to.
Cristina R.
Elf is a good brand?
Justine J.
Coralville, IA
Isnavys P.
Jersey City, NJ
Is this actually any good?
Kourtney A.
Minford, OH
Does this remove all of the dead skin off your lips?
Chassidy k.
Jonesboro, GA
What store would this be in?