e.l.f. Cosmetics Lip Exfoliator
Gently exfoliate lips to remove dry, chapped skin with our Lip Exfoliator! A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel.
- Gently rub the over your lips in small, circular motions.
- Wipe gently with a cotton pad and follow up with a nourishing lip balm.
Sucrose, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ozokerite, Fragrance (Parfum), Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve)see more...
Top Questions See all 1,540 Q&A
- "Good cheap purchase. I made a similar scrub out of coconut oil and sugar but I threw it out after I found this. The lipstick shape makes it much easier to use and less messy. I thought it might dry out but I've had it for a few months now, and it's still okay. It's going to come in handy this winter." in 1053 reviews
- "I really like this product. It gently exfoliates while simultaneously moisturizing! And it smells so good. The taste it leaves on your lips is very sweet like honey." in 196 reviews
- "This product is really good at taking off the Peeling dead skin of your lips to make them feel soft, it's exfoliating as well making blood flow go to your lips making them seem more full." in 10 reviews
- "This product is a must have for the winter months or for those unfortunate souls who also have the same lip probz as me!" in 5 reviews
The lip scrub with larger sugar grains is effective, but because of how large the particles are, it is rougher on the lips and also falls apart, leaving a bit of a mess. If you use it vigorously, as I have to, large pieces of sugar and balm will fall off or stay in the lines on your lips, which gets a worse as you start wearing down further. If you have very dry lips, though, the bigger pieces could be very useful; they slough off the little pieces of dry skin on my lips very quickly. It smells great, by the way!
The mint scrub, overall, is better, in my opinion. Its sugar particles are much smaller, so it takes me a longer time to exfoliate – and a note, I have Sahara desert-dry lips – but it definitely is gentler than the larger sugar particle one. It doesn't fall apart the way the other one does, so there is less of a mess, and it has more of a moisturizing property. It smells great, too, but more artificial, if that makes any sense.
Overall, I would highly recommend these!
Ideally, I like to use this at least three times a week, typically right before I get ready for work. If you're planning on wearing a dark colored or matte lippie, this scrub is a must prior to application - you don't want your lipstick to cling to your rough, chapped lips! After using, make sure you apply a think layer of moisturizing lip balm to lock in hydration and keep that fresh skin you just revealed looking good!
While there are other lip scrubs out there with good reviews, why pay upwards of $20 when you can spend a fraction of that for a product that is just as effective? I'm hooked, and will definitely give the other varieties a try.
I think the product was either $1 or $2. Super low budget. They like to say that the pricier something is, the better the quality, but in this scenario, that statement is so wrong. This does the same exact thing that the more expensive lip exfoliators do at a bargain of a price. I've had this for over a year, and it's only halfway gone and I use it quite frequently!
If you're concerned about dry lips, try the E.L.F Lip Exfoliator. You won't be sorry!
The packaging isn't great - I found that the lid continually fell off, which is super annoying. You get what you pay for, I guess. The product itself is okay...it smells and tastes fantastic, and it does leave your lips feeling smooth, but I found the particles to be SUPER rough on my lips. I had to be very gentle with this stuff or else it genuinely hurt to apply.
It's the most affordable lip exfoliator I've found, and for that reason, I'm willing to give it another try...but I'm hesitant. Three stars for me.
The cherry one,however...I believe I received a bad one. It was really rough and did wind up scratching my lips and making them bleed. But I asked my friend who had also bought the cherry kind,and they said theirs worked wonderfully,so I'm guessing I just got a bad one. The taste was sweet and nice,so I'd maybe be willing to give it a try again. Hopefully it doesn't hurt me again. e.l.f. Cosmetics Lip Exfoliator
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos