BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

The primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application. The formula is infused with grape, Vitamins A, C, & E to help boost complexion and hydrate your skin.

How To Use:

1. Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application to prep skin.
  2. Use a small amount and blend evenly on your face.
  3. Allow to dry before applying makeup.

0.47 Fl.Oz. (14ml)

Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Ascorbyl Dipalmate (Vc)

e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer
  • "this is a good primer, but it is not hydrating. i have really dry skin so i thought this would help, but it hasn't at all. it lasts all day and feels good to apply. i'll use what i have left but i wouldn't repurchase. " in 848 reviews
  • "saw a lot of reviews on this product ans wanted to try it out for myself. i bought this a few days ago and ive been using ovee my noisturizee and undee my foundation and its such a great primer. i tried the other primers from e.l.f and i definetly recommend this if you hace dry skin, it is suuuuuper moisturizing and gives you a preery flawless finish 😍 also i never seen any dry spots on my skin while using this. i also noticed that if you have oily skin it doesn't stay oily in the parts that you are usually ,depending on the foundation and setting spray you use." in 789 reviews
Raquel V.
Corpus Christi
This claims to be hydrating but it is not. It has a silicone base and it just makes your make up slip around I would not recommend this to anyone and less you have oily skin. Not worth it when you can get a better primer from a different drug store company that works better than the stars this claims to be hydrating but it is not. It has a silicone base and it just makes your make up slip around I would not recommend this to anyone unless you have oily skin. Not worth it when you can get a better primer from a different drug store company that works better than this does.
Breezy B.
San Antonio , TX
Dry skin friends rejoice! This is the primer for you! I can see how if you are oily this is probably not the primer for you as it can leave you looking very slick. In the summer I tend you use much much less of this product because it can start to cause issues. I wouldn't say this primer extends the wear time of my makeup but it does bring life into my face that can sometimes be sucked out by my makeup. The hydrating primer (from what i am aware of) does not claim to be a pore filling primer but when i press it into my skin, ohhhhh baby it makes me look poreless and smooth! I knocked a star off because of the poor packaging issues. The packaging is very bulky compared to the small amount of product you get. It has a pump which is nice, but the container that the product is actually in sits within another large shell of plastic. The packaging when empty still has a lot of weight to it which is some false advertising when you first open it. It looks and feels as though you get a lot of product but the packaging accounts for 3/4th of the overall weight.
Cecilia B.
Baton Rouge, LA
I love elf and am never usually disappointed by anything they put out but I've been using it for a month now and honestly cannot tell if this primer actually does anything for me or not. It has a pump, which I like for easy dispensing but I feel like you should shake it around some first becausee its supposed to be hydrating but it just feels really oily/greasy. Also, it stinks like some sort of plastic-y smell. It was pretty affordable and it seems to be lasting me but it's not tacky like I'm looking for. Will continue to use and see if I notice any real difference or not.
Julie L.
e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer I like the pump bottle it comes in. One squirt is more than enough for me.

Easy application, glides on smoothly if not a little greasy feeling, it does a good job at keeping my foundation where it should. It plays fairly well with my morning skincare products applied prior.

But.
While this is my current primer of choice for my everyday work look, I'm still searching for a better fit for my skin. It's the texture that bothers me.

Thing is, I'd like this much more if it weren't for the slightly oily, greasy texture. It feels as though I'm putting on a film of... yuck on my face but does calm down quickly.
That's my only issue with this product.
Lindsey K.
I was disappointed that this didn't work for me. It has a pleasant scent and applies very smoothly (almost like a creamy lotion). The bottle is really pretty and you get a lot of product for he money. But....

It left my face greasy feeling and looking, and seemed to just combine and smear with my liquid foundation which was not a good look. I would say that the product hydrates as promised but it really didn't have any staying power as a primer which was a major disappointment.

Perhaps this primer would be better suited for someone who uses a powder foundation, or who has dry skin.
Gina C.
It’s an ok primer, but the thing that makes me mad about this product is the amount of actual product in this container. Sure it was only $6, and it appears to be a descent amount, but if you actually deconstruct the bottle and take it apart, you would be surprised to learn that only about 1/8 of this bottle contains actual product. Yup. The majority of this jar is hollow. Go ahead, take apart this pump bottle and see for yourself. I ran out of this product within two months and I was only using it 2-3 times a week. Elf’s biggest scam. I’ll never buy this product again.
Tia F.
Rome, NY
Okay i love how smooth it makes my skin feel, it really plumps it up and hydrates it well. But i don’t feel it does a good job at making your makeup last longer which most primers do- however it is labeled as a hydrating primer so idk if makeup longevity was its purpose😂But one thing I’m super pissed about it how fast i ran through this product. Whenever i apply it to my face i only would use one pump. But i ran out so fast, like 2 weeks- why? Take the packaging apart and youd be pissed at how bad e.l.f played you. I love e.l.f don’t get me wrong but really man?😭
Tally M.
connellsville
Purchased at: Walmart
This product is one of the worst primers I have ever used. It is not hydrating like they say. My skin feels so greasy afterwards no matter how much I put on. The foundation does not look smooth when applying after primer, in fact it makes it look so cakey plus it brings out my pores! I threw away the product immediately because the first time using it was enough for me.
Tristin O.
N Smithfield, RI
This primer is super cheap but they kind of fool you with the packaging because you think you’re getting this full bottle of primer when in reality if you take it apart there’s another little compartment INSIDE that is half of the size of the actual bottle and that’s how much product you’re getting. The product itself isn’t phenomenal and I didn’t really see much of a difference. It feels very siliconey and I didn’t really like it. There’s plenty of drugstore primers you can purchase that won’t fool you with product amount and work much better.
Rucha P.
Jersey City , NJ
This is a great hydrating primer for dry to very dry skin types. I have extremely dry skin and it works perfect on my skin. It is lightweight and hydrating. Affordable, helps your make up lasts longer. It glides on face very easily. I can compare this to smashbox photofinish primer. Just that this one does not minimize the pores as much as the Smashbox. But a great primer at a super affordable price. E.L.F. has some really great products on the market. I am looking forward to try some skincare range from them soon.
alyssa j.
What are your thoughts on this product? Buy or pass?
alexis F.
Fresno, CA
Does this primer leave your skin oily? My face is oily but with my acne medicine it sometimes leaves my face a little dry. Is this product worth?
Chelsey M.
New Victoria, NS
Does anybody else find this comes with almost no product ??
Madison G.
Warminster, PA
Does this product help make up stay on longer?
Leigh-anne E.
Does this product actually work ? My sensitive skin cant handle heavy stuff but I have the mua make up setting spray but it drips everywhere 😡