BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Brandi F.
Clermont, FL
E.L.F. is a brand known for it's amazing quality and low cost. So for me, this was a product where brand reputation really 'sold' it to me. I've tried and loved many translucent finishing powders from much better names, like Laura Mercier, which cost upwards towards $40. This was only around $6 and I knew it would be a quality powder, so I would be crazy not to have tried it out.

This product like any other finishing powder, versatile, light, beautifully natural on skin. You can use it to brighten bags under your eyes, highlight the 'T' zone on your face to get this wonderful glow, use it very lightly to minimize oily shine. The list goes on and on. But it tops all other products in the same quality line when it comes to the price tag. I mean, $6 is an unbelievably low price to pay to look prefect.

For that low cost you get quality product, but cheap packaging. I carefully took the powder package apart and tipped all of the powder into a cute small glass jar, and I use a fan make-up brush to apply it very sparingly to areas on my face. If you use too much, you'll walk outside looking very pale (in a very bad way)
Norbeliss M.
First of all, anyone who doesn't know already, elf is one of the very best discount cosmetic lines out there. Actually, I'd say because of they're price point, they rank #1 in my book with NYX following in close second. NYX also holds a special place in my heart, but is slightly more expensive than elf.
I initially bought this powder a few years ago when I was first discovering elf and starting to get into makeup more. I HATED it at first! I thought it was too light, and you could see it all over my face and it just looked terrible. The problem was not with the makeup itself but with how i was applying it. I did find other uses for it at the time though. I have pretty oily skin naturally and didn't want to shell out lots of money for the good foundations that cater to oily skin, so I began mixing a bit of this powder in with my foundation. It worked pretty well, though it didn't totally help the oilyness. Also this stuff works great if you run out of dry shampoo and need some in a pinch!
Fast forward a few years and I'd like to think I am much better and more knowledgeable of makeup application. Knowing the correct way to apply this, it is now one of my must have products! It actually rivals the Makeup Forever translucent powder, and for this price, I'd say it wins.
The best way I've found to apply this is:
- I lightly dust it with a fluffy brush over the areas on my face that I use concealer to highlight. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT. Your makeup will not move if you do this.
- I also use this to "bake" my face. This is literally the only thing I can to to fight the oil on my skin! I always had an issue with it and as soon as I baked for the first time, it totally solved the problem! To do this, you use concealer and then a THICK layer of powder on your trouble areas. You let that set for about 10 minutes and then dust it off with a fluffy brush. Voila! Shine free :)
100% the best powder you can get at this price point.
christie p.
A little goes a long way and gives a soft focused look when used as finishing powder. Seems to reduce look of fine lines and pores. Overuse could come out a bit powdery but has never gone cakey on me. Seemed the same as MUFE HD Powder at a fraction of the price.

Uses:
-Buff small amount with kabuki brush over bbcream/tinted moisturizer/foundation to cut shine.
-With a small round brush I sweep a tiny amount on top of my eye concealer. Keeps it in place without sinking into lines.
-After applying lipstick/lipliner/gloss, with small brush sweep powder just above lip-line/lipstick to sharpen the line and keep lip products from traveling.
-If foundation seems a tad dark this helps lighten a bit.
-Sets foundation on legs. Seems to keep foundation on legs without transfer better than other powders. Very useful for back of knees.
------------------------------
Problems:
-Use with caution in photographs.
-Can be too drying for some skin types. I can't use on flakey skin days.
-Might give white cast to darker skin tones.
-Too much looks ghastly.
-Not great with bronzed looks.

As others said, leave sticker on sifter and poke a few holes through the tape/sifter so product doesn't come out too rapidly. Apply clear tape and poke holes through it, if you've already removed sticker. I turn container over with top on and use the little bit of product left behind in the top to avoid using too much.
Marissa B.
Fallston, MD
Not a terrible finishing powder, better than Make Up Forevers HD powder in my opinion. Would work much better for people with oily skin. Tends to cling on dry areas and it isn't completely translucent.
Tabatha C.
Indianapolis, IN
This is the first high definition powder that I have ever used so I can't really compare it to anything, but I can tell you that I love it! It definitely gives my look a flawless touch! I love the hint of tint because it gives a natural bronzed tan look also! This is a loose powder so be careful when opening it because you will get it everywhere. It does have a baby powder style cap inside to hold the powder in but it is a loose powder so it falls out easily!!! Overall, this is a great product for a great price and I would definitely recommend trying this product to anyone!
Tabatha L.
Big Stone Gap, VA
I love these powders! At first I was concerned it wouldn't help with my oily skin, but worked like a charm! I use this along with a great foundation and my skin looks flawless, blurs my pores quiet well, and makes my skin look like porcelain! Highly recommend!
Trinity D.
Gibsonville, NC
I can't believe this product works as well as it does. I put this on before I do any kind of photo shoots. It makes you look so great under all the light. I bought this product for $3 from Target. Such a great price for this product considering it works so well.
Johanna G.
lima
Review for: Sheer more...
Una de las mejores marcas probadas ya que te matizaba la piel sin verse grasosa o sin brillo
Katie M.
Anoka, MN
This works great to set your under eye concealer. I have oily skin, and this works great to mattify your face. Its great quality, especially for the price.
Gabriela P.
Aalborg
Now here we have one hell of a powder. Yes it’s elf and yes it’s super affordable, but it is absolutely stunning how flawless it is. It gives that perfect finished look worh bits of highlightning and does not crease, which is everything you look for in a setting powder.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.