BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Kate H.
Saint Paul, MN
I bought this powder on a whim and now I use it every day. It makes my face smell lovely and fresh, it gets rid of the shine my sunscreen creates, and it makes fine lines all but disappear. I do notice it makes my face a little paler, so I put my blush on after this and also dot some bronzing powder on the tops of my cheeks, my nose, and my forehead (basically, where the sun hits you). It is light enough, though, that you can still see my freckles. Some might see that as a bad thing, I guess, but I don't!
Molly B.
Iva, SC
I swear by this product. I always used the Laura Mercer setting powder but had to use this in a pinch and I LOVED it! It provides a very natural finish and gives you the perfect highlight and set under your eyes. And a little bit goes a long way!
Caitlynn B.
Kansas City, KS
I have only bought this product twice - but that's because my skin went through some changes and I no longer need it as much.

This is a very fine (in texture) and translucent powder that is great for topping off your liquid foundation. It's also something to use under your eyes to decrease the amount of fallout from your eyeshadow onto your face! It's smooth, subtle, very very sheer, and it works great to keep the shine away.
Kelsey G.
Nashville, TN
I LOVE this stuff. It works really well to "bake" your face or to set your make up. I use it under my eyes and my concealer and foundation do not budge all day!! I also use it on my chin and jawline and don't have as much rub off. I've been using this stuff for years and will continue. It lasts forever!
Samantha M.
This powder is pricier for an elf product, but isn't worth it. It is not even close to being comparable to the Makeup Forever HD Powder. It is very messy and so finely milled that it creates dust in the air. It does not control oil, minimize the appearance of pores or finish off a makeup look. It does absolutely nothing, unless applied heavily which will dry you up and make you look pure white. I would not recommend this product.
Corinne M.
Akron, OH
I had received this product in an ELF subscription box awhile ago and this was definitely my least favorite product in that box. It is a very glittery product so I can not use it on my face. The glitter is very obvious and it doesn't go away. I have also tried to use it on my body to give a glow but it looked very ashy.
Shelbie T.
Green Bay, WI
This powder gave me a terrible white cast, and couldn't hold up to my oily skin unless I applied it after my usual powder - which sometimes made me look cakey. The packaging is super inconvenient and messy. When I got my package from elf, all the other products I ordered were covered in white powder that had gotten out of the container. I won't buy it again. There are other products that work better at achieving a flawless face.
Morgan S.
Review for: Sheer more...
So this is the only setting powder I’ve ever used and it leaves a nice matte finish, but I feel like it’s rad heavy and noticeable on the skin. Especially when you’re taking photos.
Courtney H.
Altoona, PA
I got this because I heard a huge buzz about the product and how AMAZING it is. I will say it is probably one of the softest powders I have ever tried but it doesn't look good on me. It creates this ghostly cast on my face and makes me look paler. It picks up on my dry patches which I really don't like and just doesn't look good on me altogether. It does make the skin feel VERY soft and smooth but it did sadly break me out.
Heather W.
Albany, NY
I have used this setting powder for years. With such a low price point it has amazing quality. I use it to set my whole face and my under eyes. It is very finely milled so it never makes your foundation look caked. I think it's definitely great for someone on a budget. This setting powder can tend to have a little flashback with photography. So with that being said just use it light-handed if you plan on being in flash photography photos.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.