BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Jennifer F.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Review for: Sheer more...
This translucent HD powder is great! It's very affordable, and sets your makeup and blurs exactly how an HD powder should. I only knocked a star because of the packaging... there is no turn plate over the holes in this powder so expect to get this powder everywhere, or be super careful. I use thins because of the affordability and the simple fact that it works just as good as most high end brands. However, if you are taking a lot of flash photography with this on, beware of the white cast... it's not too bad, but it is present.
Gabrielle P.
Mashpee, MA
I use this product every day and it is so worth the $6! I apply this with a mineral powder brush over my most oily areas(T-zone) and I use the extra on the rest of my face. You do have to be careful of using too much though so I only use what it left in the cap. My biggest con for this product is the packaging. It drives me crazy! It is so clunky and it feels cheap. On top of that, the top screws on but it doesn't feel secure so sometimes it gets everywhere and that's obviously not good with a fine, white powder.
Liana R.
I purchased this powder because I heard it's very comparable to the Make Up Forever powder and I was really excited when it came in, but shortly disappointed. I used it straight for a week and day after day, no matter what brush I used it with or how much or how little I used, it left a very noticeable white cast on my face that made my face look kind of gray. I wish I could love this because it's really inexpensive compared to other powders, but it's just too white for my face and doesn't dissolve into the skin.
Diana S.
Palmdale, CA
First off E.L.F product rock!
This powder is awesome. The consistency of the powder is so fine that when you put it on it feels like silk. I have 2 problems with this product: 1. If you use too much or don't apply or blend it well, it makes your face look white and powdery. 2. The sifter is too big... but I found a solution to that ( check out my video).
For the price everyone should try it.
Jaime G.
Gilmanton, NH
I was first introduced to his prouduct on my wedding day. My makeup artist saw my skeptical look when she pulled out a very inexpensive E.L.F prouduct during my trial and she just smiled and said trust me! Not only does this reduce shine and make your makeup last and last but it also photographs beautifully!!
I quickly bought some for myself and I carry it with me. My only complaint would be the packaging...the loose powder all comes out quickly and I lose a lot. Not a huge deal since it's so cheap though :)
Cynthia S.
I really really love this powder! It is a loose powder, and the reason I purchased it was because I heard it's a dupe of the Makeup For Ever powder, which is quite expensive compared to this! I have the translucent one. The powder is finely milled, and it makes my skin look really nice, and flawless! The only thing I really don't like is the packaging. The second you open it, powder goes everywhere. It's so easy to make a mess with it, because the powder is so light, and it keeps me from reaching for it more often.
Danielle I.
Review for: Sheer more...
This is a really great setting powder. I got it from Walgreens on sale and this worked better that I could of ever imagined. I've used other powders (some very pricey) and I'm always really oily by the time I got home. I lightly applied this on and my makeup didn't move on bit. No oil, my foundation didn't change color, no makeup ended up on my top at the end of the day and there was no creasing. This is everything. Tip: if you're brown start with a light hand and then add more if needed so you don't end up ashy.
Natalie R.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
This is the first E.L.F. product that i did not care for. I read many great reviews about it, so I thought I would give it a shot. I have oily skin and have a light complexion. When I applied the powder to my entire face, it left a white cast and made my foundation look uneven and splotchy. I started using underneath my eyes to set my concealer instead. That works OKAY, but you have to apply a tiny bit of it. I am thinking of using it as a dry shampoo?? what do you guys think? :) I'll give it a shot!
Rachel D.
Martin, KY
Review for: Translucent more...
Pretty good silica setting powder. This was my go-to until I started using Coty Airspun more and I can't really go back now. But. This is my second favorite loose setting powder. The only downside to it was if I applied it a bit heavily it sometimes had a crumbly look, but that might've just been a problem with it not liking a foundation I was using, or not holding up through sweat. Either way, it didn't happen with Airspun.
Amy N.
Mesa, AZ
I was a tried and true user of MakeupForever HD's setting powder until I found this product. The price ($6 vs. $32) was enough to make me try it. I finally found it in stock at Target and it far exceeded my expectations. A little of this product goes a llooonnnggg way and there is more powder than in the MUF container. You do have to be careful if having your photo taken, but that is true with any HD setting powder. The only drawback is that it has spillage unless you leave the plastic tape cover on it.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.