BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Cleo T.
New Hartford, CT
I like this setting powder to finish my make up and keep the shine away. It's a must-have product for every girl who has oily skin. The only thing I don't like about it - and the reason I took one star - is the container. Mine is always dusting the powder around, and it's complicated to take the right amount when I use it. I end up carrying other brands  my necessaire, because the package is also too big to carry around. Other then that, I have no complaints. This is the best product for the price, and I would definetely use it all the time if they changed the packaging for something smaller and more convenient.
Toriana G.
Birmingham, AL
This powder is so soft. I hate the packaging but not enough to not purchase this again. Not as good as Laura Mercier but definitely one of the best in the drugstore
Elizabeth E.
Iowa Park , TX
Review for: Sheer more...
This is an amazing powder for the price. It's very finely milled, so it can get in all the little spaces you want, there isn't any shimmer to it, which I love. If I want micro glitter I can add that in myself. I took off one star for the packaging, which is overly bulky for what you're getting, but at least the sifter is easy to remove. I also took the one star off because it does give a white cast, so unfortunately, people with darker skin tones would find an issue with that. It works for what I need it for and works extremely well at lightening and mattifying overly dark and dewy foundations.
Kaitlyn R.
Pros? It works well | it's easy/simple to use | extremely affordable | can be used to bake | also can be used to just finish up on the all around face
Cons? It's not meant for heavier foundations (not fuller coverage, just super thick ones, I recommend letting your foundation dry more before using this if you do!) | This can make you look ashy if you're of darker skin tones, though I haven't seen that happen on most yet! | Careful when sifting powder out, you might go over board and could make a total mess!
I've been using this for a while now and I'd definitely recommend this to anyone, you can find it at any Walmart, so you're totally in luck. If you don't have one of those, don't forget that E.L.F is a mostly on-line based make up seller!
Caitlyn M.
KY
This powder is the best I've ever used. It's super cheap because it's e.l.f and It keeps the troubled areas of my face from getting oily throughout the day and it doesn't make me look orange or oddly colored (I use the Sheer color). It also gives me a nice air brushed finish too and I like that. Although, I found it easier to use a powder brush to distribute the product on my face as the puff it comes with doesn't do a good job of smoothing it all out. It also tends to leave white residue on your face if not properly blended and can cling to your eye lashes.
Christina D.
One of my favorite finishing powders. Milled very fine. I don't know if it gives flashback on others but I'm already very light/pale so I didn't have flashback. Doesn't clump in foundation, no added color to it, very light weight. My only complaint is there is not alot of product. The price is fair but in the long run you're spending just as much if not more to constantly replace it. Wish I could get more product out of it!
Lakesha K.
Jacksonville, FL
I use this as a setting powder when I can't find my Ben Nye Neutra-Set. It sets my face, absorbs oil and softens my overall look. A light dusting is all I need. I have an oily T-zone, so I have to occassionally blot, but not nearly as much as when I don't use a setting powder. Ben Nye is theatrical makeup, so I have to go to a specialty shop or order online. I like that I can purchase this from most drugstores with no problems. The HD powder is more expensive and packaged smaller than Ben Nye, but sometimes it's worth it to be able to get it from anywhere.
Riley C.
I thought this powder was decent. A little too white with setting under eyes. Maybe a bit of flashback too. I would use super lightly to avoid too white if pigment.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
I would like to call this the best six dollars I've ever spent. I have dry skin and I use this to set my foundation since dewy foundations tend to move without a good setting powder. My makeup will not budge after using this. You don't need to use a lot of product with this either. Literally one puff and you're done! This stuff does not cling to dry patches and leaves my skin with a demi-matte finish. I absolutely love this powder.
LaBrisha B.
I really do like elfs translucent powder the only thing with it though I do wish they had a deeper shade for my chocolate skin. As far as casting goes when I take photos with the flash on I do not notice any white shadows or anything crazy casting from my eyes or wherever I set so there is no problem there. Also elf is not expensive so it is very affordable and the product works for what it is and to come back that ashy look dust off your excess product and then use your favorite setting spray or the setting spray by e.l.f. even better it's only $3
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.