BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Kelsey F.
Port Charlotte, FL
This powder is nice. It helps to mattify my face, but I noticed when I use it on my undereyes with my blending sponge to set my concealer, little balls of it form and clump up and I have to brush them away. I don't think it's because of my blending sponge because I've tried it with multiple different ones from different brands and it happens every time. The powder does look nice on my face if I brush it on with a big fluffy brush.
Amy K.
Corinth, MS
Elf HD powder is absolutely the best facial powder I have ever used. There isn't any sun protection as far as I can tell, but I always have that in my makeup and moisturizer. This powder leaves my face with a flawless look and it doesn't settle into lines and wrinkles. Something that makes it even better is the price. The original price was around $6, however, I got mine on sale for only $3.
Brittany W.
Warrenton, MO
Review for: Sheer more...
The brand Elf is my go to when I am in need of a quality yet affordable product. The high definition powder is a loose powder that I bought in sheer. It’s clear and when I use it, keeps my makeup intact and blends everything together. I can have my makeup on all day and this product will help keep my makeup looking fresh.
Kat R.
Audubon, NJ
Review for: Sheer more...
Super smooth powder! It doesn't settle into skin and leaves your face feeling matte and poreless. I use this product on my beauty blender to bake and on a large face brush to set all of my liquid products. It definitely helps my makeup to stay put for hours and keeps my oily skin under control. Only complaint is the smell.....it has an odd factory-plastic sort of smell but if you can get over that, the product is amazing!
Paige D.
Spokane, WA
Maybe I should have used different methods to apply this, but the couple I used just didn't do it for me. It isn't fine enough to work well. When I applied it with a damp beauty blender, it balled up and felt like it was tightening under my eyes. When I applied it with a dry beauty blender, it didn't even transfer to the skin. It also reflects too much light in pictures.
Marissa G.
 I love elf don't get me wrong but this is a total miss for me.  I just don't like the sifter and I don't like how chunky this product is. Not to mention it leaves a horrible way cast whenever you take flash photography.  I do not like this product and I feel as though I cannot let anyone test it out simply because I do not like it and I feel even though it is inexpensive there are way better products that are equally as inexpensive.
Shelby G.
Love this stuff. As a finishing or setting powder, it is amazing. As a setting powder, it bakes the makeup and it stays all day. As a finishing powder, it's almost like it blurs the imperfections and gives you a flawless Photoshop finish. It lasts forever too! I've had mine for over three years now, using it every time I wear makeup, and I still have tons left!
Leah T.
ballard wv
Review for: Sheer more...
I bought this powder in hopes to set my under eye makeup, the powder was so chalky it was like putting on corpse paint. Which I would use thus powder to do so but since wearing that in an everyday setting isn't acceptable in my area and I'm not in a band. This powder is horrible for everyday makeup. It caked up my concealer pretty bad. The brightening effect was way too much. The flash back was horrible I looked like a clown.
Kelsey O.
Athens, OH
Review for: Soft Luminance more...
I didn’t like this powder at all. I thought the soft luminance would be a good gentle all over glow, but it just made my face unnecessarily glittery and weird. It’s hard to use as a setting product too because of the added glitter
Genevieve M.
Granger, IN
This was pretty decent, but not amazing. I bought it during a 50% off sale for only $3 (down from $6), so for the price I was pretty satisfied, but I don't think I would repurchase.
Firstly, the jar is WAY bigger than the amount of product you get, so it's a little misleading. Also, the cap to the jar doesn't seal completely with the inner container on the inside of the lid, so when you tap the product through the sifter while the jar is closed, some of the product starts to go into the twist-seal and around the lid, so when you open it up there's dust EVERYWHERE. I usually tried to scoop the product back into the container a bit with my brush before applying, but it's a little annoying to have to do that every time.
As for the product itself, it makes a decent setting powder, but it's not completely transparen't and left a pretty strong white cast. My skin is naturally very pale, so I could deal with that, but it was still really obvious and not very flattering.
Finally, the amount of product in the package is misleadingly small and ran out a lot faster than I expected. A full container only lasted me about a month or two, which was fine for $3, but at the full price of $6 that wouldn't have been worth it to me. Nyx's HD powder is similar in price and lasts me a LOT longer with a truly transparen't setting effect, no weird jar fallout, and just quality in general, so if you're shopping for a drugstore setting powder, I'd recommend Nyx as an alternative.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.