BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Ashley F.
I like using a setting powder instead of a foundation to set my makeup. It makes it look more natural and less cakey. I do not like that it leave a white cast at first, but it settles after awhile. The powder also is quite visible when you look up close, so I am still testing the waters to see if I will repurchase.
Amanda B.
Wyandotte, MI
Save some money and opt for this cheaper dupe for those high end setting powders. This product works great under the eye & anywhere else you need to lock a liquid product in place. The only downfall is that it can make dry spots more visible and also has a slight flashback in photos. Overall not a bad setting powder for the price.
Naomi J.
Vestavia, AL
This is actually a really nice product. I usually grab my rcma or Ben nye, and find this to be very comparable. The difference though is the price. This is so ,icy cheaper and I don't have to have it shipped in since, it's at my local Target which I really appreciate for times when I run out and need it the next day.
nicole r.
Weatherford, TX
The good: Beautiful finish. Truly makes you feel like you have airbrushing going on. It helps you achieve a well blended finish especially after contouring.

The Not so great: does tend to make a scosh of a mess. It's a little pricey, especially since elf tends to be more wallet friendly. However it has lasted a fairly decent amount of time.

Overall, pretty great product. You definitely will be happy you tried this one.
Rebecca R.
Clear Lake, MN
Review for: Sheer more...
I LOVE this powder! You can’t beat it for the price! It keeps my makeup in place, doesn’t effect the finish of my makeup, is super easy to apply, not cakey at all and doesn’t flash back. It is very finely milled, and I will certainly purchase it again!! My daughter and I are both wearing it in this photo after a very long very HOT day in MN
Natalie E.
New Berlin
Review for: Sheer more...
i’ve tried applying this in many different ways using different brushes and sponges but every time it just ends up leaving my face cakey and gross. the only way this would work for me is if i used barely any product and then it wouldn’t really do anything anyways. i personally have really oily skin so maybe it’s just not for my skin type? it’s cheap enough to buy it and test it out and it’s not a huge waste if it doesn’t work for you.
Laurie M.
Downers Grove, IL
Review for: Sheer more...
This is a great setting powder for a drugstore brand. I did experience some caking under my eyes but it could be that I need to use a different brush for application. An airbrush finish is what this powder leaves you with.

Update:  I just saw some photos of myself taken at a wedding and I have to say, I was not pleased.  The finishing powder left a very white looking face in the photos.  It apparently is not as translucent as I thought.
madison h.
Euharlee, GA
I have been using this as my baking powder due to the fact it is inly 6 dollars. It is very finally milled and plus the packaging has been updated so the package isnt as chunky. Target was sold out of the white shade I use, so I had to get corrective yellow which has been okay for baking. It does leave kind of a yellow cast under my eyes which isnt that noticeable. So if youre looking for a cheap loose powder I highly recommend this!
AbaGayle B.
Midway Park, NC
This is what you'd expect it to be - an HD powder! It's finely milled, cheap, and it creates flashback. I wasn't impressed with this powder, but honestly I don't love HD powder. I feel like it visibly sat on my face and didn't really help anything but flashback. The reason I am not giving it a worse review is that it's not exactly bad either. It helps smooth imperfections and highlight areas you want to. It really is a decent, reasonably priced product that I'd recommend to beginners.
Brittany W.
Warrenton, MO
Review for: Sheer more...
The brand Elf is my go to when I am in need of a quality yet affordable product. The high definition powder is a loose powder that I bought in sheer. It’s clear and when I use it, keeps my makeup intact and blends everything together. I can have my makeup on all day and this product will help keep my makeup looking fresh.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.