BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Erica M.
Carlisle, AR
Review for: Shimmer more...
I really like the e.l.f. loose powder in shimmer as a setting powder. I like to dust it on over a finished face to add a little glow to a matte makeover. More pros are shine control, good for everyday use, inexpensive, fine formula, and hypoallergenic. Only cons would be that if your already pale this wont help you out any...so i use a powder in one shade darker to mix with it about 1/4 the darker shade shaken with this powder about 3/4 and its a beautiful blend!
VANESSA M.
Review for: Sheer more...
Pretty good powder for setting makeup.. I wouldn't suggest this for baking. I would bake first then apply this all over just to lock everything in place. It's affordable and you can find it at many places. It you have extremely oily skin you may have you your more. Wish there was a bit more product inside and less bulky packaging. But its a good product for sure

Tip: to prevent the ASHY Look, buff out with a powder brush, apply a setting spray or makeup mist to soak up any additional product, then take the powder brush again this time with a colored powder or foundation (very little) and dust it across the face just at to make sure you look well blended
Destiny R.
Alvin, TX
I personally like this elf translucent powder if you are on a budget but my personal favorite is the Makeup Forever HD translucent powder but these two are very similar so I'm a fan of both I'm not aware of any sun protection on this product and I would recommend this. I use this on some of my friends when I do their makeup and it turns out pretty flawless I see myself buying it again. It's a pretty decent product which I like and the price is right!
Gemini M.
This was the first setting powder I've ever used when I started wearing makeup. It gets the job done but I wouldn't recommend it for brown skin. Also the flashback it has with flash photography looks pretty bad. I definitely don't use it to bake my face because it will leave me looking ashy but if I just need to quickly set my face, I'll lightly dab brush it on. I think it's a good started HD powder though. E.l.f cosmetics are low in price but I wouldn't recommend spending your money on this.
Sarah W.
Liberty, SC
I love this setting powder. Out of all the setting powders this one works best for me and is my holy grail when it comes to setting my makeup. You can use anything to apply it and its great for baking the under eye area. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin nor does it have a strong chemical smell. A little goes a long way and it keeps my makeup in place for more than 12hrs and it keeps my combination skin from becoming to oliy or dry. I highly 100% recommend this for everyone. #contest
Kayti B.
This powder + my skin = a love/hate relationship. I have oily acne-prone skin and redness. This powder when first applied, looks AMAZING as it mattifies your skin with a soft focus-looking finish. Throughout the day, it controls my oils pretty well and doesn't break me out. BUT, for a powder that is supposed to be photo-friendly, it surely leaves a BIG white cast on your face with flash photos. Therefore I only can wear this setting powder when I'm not taking any special pictures.
Demour O.
Boynton Beach, FL
Review for: Sheer more...
I love this translucent power because it's keeps my makeup mate and leaves a slight shimmer on my face. I've done my makeup with and without this powder and I definitely 100% prefer using it. Leaves my face matte and not oily. The only thing I'd suggest is that the finish be a bit more natural/translucent because I have a darker complexion and leaves my face slightly light. Although after some time of brushing it off, the result is great!
Karyn T.
San Diego , CA
At first I was really hesitant on using this powder but now that I have I cannot stop! I mainly use it to set in my concealer and bake my face! You are getting so much for the price, it's ridiculous, that is one of the reasons why I love e.l.f. Make sure that when you are baking with this powder to leave it on long enough so it can set nicely, use the little puff inside to apply the product and when you're ready use a fluffy brush to dust it off!
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
Review for: Sheer more...
I bough the sheer one a year a go and I was on the fence about it.
It does give me a nice finishing look but I found myself being super careful while applying it because it made my face somewhat white looking.
The packaging is nice but a tip I can give you is not removing the sticker all the way because it does give you a LOT of product and it’s hard to apply.
The applicator that comes with it is nice too - very soft. However, I use one of my own brushes because I feel lile the applicator will smudge my makeup.
Overall, good powder for a great price - you just have to be super careful and apply a tiny bit of product.
Marielle N.
Baltimore, MD
ELF HD Powder is a great translucent setting powder. I like to use one every day after doing my face makeup to help set and absorb oil. The ELF version is very reasonably priced and works just as well as other similiar brands (NYX and Maybelline), however i took one star off because of the packaging. The container is quite large for my makeup bag but it doesn't seem to have very much product inside (perhaps that it how they keep their prices so low).
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.