BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

How To Use:

• Wear alone, or use it to set foundation and makeup.

• About how long does it last? I know it’s a powder but is ...2 Answers
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder is it just me or ...2 Answers
  • Whats is this used for?49 Answers
Megan O.
Review for: Sheer more...
It does the job!  I use this all the time to set my foundation, cancel out oiliness in my skin, and both under and on top of my lipsticks.  If you have a lipstick that tends to smear or smudge, tapping this along the lipline can grant you tremendous staying powder.  You can also use this to enhance your lashes if you apply it to lashes between coats of mascara.  I use this almost every time I do my makeup.  Nice, affordable price, typical of ELF
Angel P.
I tried this as a setting powder because someone said it was a good dupe for a pricier powder. I wasn't impressed. It was messy to use, as the packaging travelled very poorly, and no matter how snug the cap was on, it left powder all over my makeup bag. As far as how it worked on my face, it was adequate in keeping shine at bay but I'm a much bigger fan of Laura Mercier, or Fit Me, if you're looking for a less expensive dupe for high end that still delivers high performance.
Seong P.
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder Such a fabulous product for an amazing price! Super finely-milled, this HD powder does a great job of setting, I use it as my finishing powder after I've applied all my face makeup products. I am just careful to not use too much, only dust on a light layer of it so there's not whitecast. Also, I don't wear it for flash photography because it does flashback. For an everyday n natural finishing powder though, it's so perfect! My only qualm is the packaging, it's quite bulky and I wish it had a flip cover for the holes--that would be a great packaging improvement and would really help! #influenster #contest #ad
Kayla B.
Appalachia, VA
This worked for setting my make up but I wouldn’t bake with it too long. It gives back flash in pictures and can make you look kinda wrinkly if you use too much.
Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
Review for: Sheer more...
I hate this product. I used it once and threw it away because I would be embarrassed to give this to even my mom. This product, you dump it into the lid, which is fine, I’m used to that. As soon as I tilted it to get the powder out, the lid came off and powder went EVERYWHERE. After cleaning up that mess, I applied it. I’ve never had an issue with makeup highlighting the “peach fuzz” on my face, because I honestly don’t have a lot. This product somehow made my face look so beyond fuzzy in the light though. It didn’t set my makeup at all, it didn’t give my makeup a pretty final finish. I washed it off and redid everything. I will never buy again.
nevaeh r.
Review for: 2 Pack e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio High Definition Powder 83331 Translucent more...
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder - This product is amazing if you are really into a matte finish! I tend to get oily throughout the days when I wear makeup and when I use this powder I notice my makeup stays flawless for way longer in the day! I usually make way less touch ups on my makeup when I add this product to my routine !! But I would say that if you have dry skin already, this might not be for you. It does tend to stick to dry spots on the face which can be a problem always but other than that this is an amazing and affordable thing to try if you have oily skin !
Erica M.
Carlisle, AR
Review for: Shimmer more...
I really like the e.l.f. loose powder in shimmer as a setting powder. I like to dust it on over a finished face to add a little glow to a matte makeover. More pros are shine control, good for everyday use, inexpensive, fine formula, and hypoallergenic. Only cons would be that if your already pale this wont help you out any...so i use a powder in one shade darker to mix with it about 1/4 the darker shade shaken with this powder about 3/4 and its a beautiful blend!
VANESSA M.
Review for: Sheer more...
Pretty good powder for setting makeup.. I wouldn't suggest this for baking. I would bake first then apply this all over just to lock everything in place. It's affordable and you can find it at many places. It you have extremely oily skin you may have you your more. Wish there was a bit more product inside and less bulky packaging. But its a good product for sure

Tip: to prevent the ASHY Look, buff out with a powder brush, apply a setting spray or makeup mist to soak up any additional product, then take the powder brush again this time with a colored powder or foundation (very little) and dust it across the face just at to make sure you look well blended
Gemini M.
This was the first setting powder I've ever used when I started wearing makeup. It gets the job done but I wouldn't recommend it for brown skin. Also the flashback it has with flash photography looks pretty bad. I definitely don't use it to bake my face because it will leave me looking ashy but if I just need to quickly set my face, I'll lightly dab brush it on. I think it's a good started HD powder though. E.l.f cosmetics are low in price but I wouldn't recommend spending your money on this.
Destiny R.
Alvin, TX
I personally like this elf translucent powder if you are on a budget but my personal favorite is the Makeup Forever HD translucent powder but these two are very similar so I'm a fan of both I'm not aware of any sun protection on this product and I would recommend this. I use this on some of my friends when I do their makeup and it turns out pretty flawless I see myself buying it again. It's a pretty decent product which I like and the price is right!
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats is this used for?
Gisel Z.
Madera, CA
Does this make your foundation lighter or is it translusant
Elinor M.
Warren, MI
Does the product create a weird look on camera?
Rumour E.