4 colors available

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #55 in Eyelid Primer

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer lasting and crease proof eyeshadow. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear and increases eye color longevity.

• Does this stay all day without creasing or getting mascara dotting ...3 Answers
  • I know that elf is a cheaply made product, but is this a good eyel...14 Answers
  • Hi, can I use this primer on all my face? I have never use any prim...10 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Courtney S.
Courtney S.
Chapel Hill, NC
Review for: Champagne Elf
I honestly feel like this product is completely slept on in the beauty community. I have no run across a video or blog post that talks about this primer. When I got my first job in an office I was on a budget for makeup and found ELF at Target and was so happy with the wide range of products for such a low price. I grabbed this eyelid primer and started to use it religiously. I first bought this back in 2011 and I am still using it in 2016. I have it on my eyelids right now. I use it with my ELF eyeshadows, my Wet N Wild eyeshadows, Physician's Formula's eyeshadows, and my Urban Decay's eyeshadows. It increases the pigment color and I have never noticed any fading throughout the day. You also do not need a lot to securely cover the lid and the containers look small but last for months. This is easily a hidden gem in the ELF line of cosmetics.
Jams M.
Jams M.
Review for: Champagne Elf
This is a very affordable primer! But it is best for those who have more dry eyelids. The formula is a little too creamy for those with oily eyelids. And it won't dry if you use too much. You only need a smidge! Overall, it does work great. My eyeshadow lasted as long as my too faced one. Only difference being that the too faced one is lightweight, applies transparen't and dries quickly. The elf one applies a champagne nude color to your eyelids (which creates a nice base) takes a few minutes to dry and can feel heavy if you apply too much. If you're in a hurry, just pat some nude color or even translucent powder over the primer and it'll dry/mattify so you can quickly apply eyeshadow. It is good but I've moved on to the wet n wild one which is much more thicker and dries quicker, in case you're looking for an alternative.
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
Review for: Champagne Elf
I used this eyelid primer for a while because I am cheap and didn't want to spend a lot. It works for a short period of time and I can imagine it would be good for people with larger eyelids than myself. But, for me my eye shadow showed creases after about 2 hours. I do have smaller eyelids with a deep fold that gets greasier than anyone else I know, but it really did not work for me. I ended up switching to an expensive brand product which works 10x better for me.
I gave my elf tube to my mom and she had the same problem. The creases in her eyelids were visible almost immediately after she put the primer and her shadow on.
Grace V.
Grace V.
Review for: Champagne Elf
Okay, so I got this at Wal-Mart for $2. I was so excited, because I heard YouTubers say it worked like any high end eye primer. So I got the regular one, and I tested it out immediately. My first comment is, I can see why it was only $2. THE BOTTLE IS COLORED! You can't see the actual primer, because there is hardly ANY in there! SO FRUSTRATING. I went ahead and used it. For a few hours my eyeshadow was just fine. After about five hours, it was very faded, and my eyelids felt very oily/greasy, and I am not oily. My skin is dryyyy. Overall, not a huge fan of this product. I gave it to my sister.
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Review for: Champagne Elf
It's cheap, easy to obtain at a local drugstore and it works! What's not to love?

At circa $2, this eyelid primer is a steal. I believe in comes in a white shade and a more peachy shade, but depending on what you want, this primer can really help your eyeshadow color really stand out and stick around.

Think of the primer as a base or a white piece of paper. Your crayons or markers will show up true to color when applied to a white base and the same goes for your eye shadow!

Very easy to apply. Simply dab a lil on the area and pat it around. Don't wait too long or it will dry in place.
Trina C.
Trina C.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Golden
This primer is a bargain! Definitely helps to extend the "life" of my eyeshadow and slows down the inevitable eyeshadow crease that happens sometime around 3pm. Not as long lasting as urban decays primer but at less than half the price- totally worth purchasing! I have to agree with another reviewer... This stuff seems to last forever. I've had it for at least a year and a half and it hasn't dried out on me yet! Almost done the tube at this point (I also frequently forget to apply it), so I'll be repurchasing in the near future :)
Samantha B.
Samantha B.
Manchester, NH
Review for: Champagne Elf
This is quite possibly the worst eyelid primer I have ever used. It is thick and kind of gummy out of the container, but spreads really thin. It is pigmented white, which doesn't bother me; however, there is SO much glitter in this product. It shows through every eyeshadow and you definitely cannot wear it alone to keep your lids from getting oily. My lids were oily again within the hour. Definitely not a product I would recommend. Also, you barely get any product in the tube and the applicator is really hard.
Jenny L.
Jenny L.
Sheboygan, WI
Review for: Champagne Elf
This Elf Primer is really affordable ($2) although you do get what you paid for. When you open it, take out the wand, and look inside, it looks like there's a small amount of product. This product has a smell that gives me a headache sometimes so if you get headaches easily, then just be careful. i rate this item 2 out of 5. I use it on my eyebrow as a primer and it didnt really make my eyebrow last but hey, it's only $2. So if you're on a budget, and want to get an affordable primer, maybe try this one.
Renee D.
Renee D.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Golden
Ite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've usedite a review about a product that you've used
Gabriela M.
Gabriela M.
Review for: Champagne Elf
This is one of the most affordable eyelid primers that you'll find in the market. It's not perfect, but it creates a nice base for any eyeshadow color. At first I couldn't see its true potential because the E.l.f. eyeshadows I was trying on it weren't really pigmented, but after I started experimenting with better eyeshadow I could see how it could hold on for +4h. I never use eyeshadow all day long, only for particular events, so this one works very well for me.
zikra n.
zikra n.
Atlantic City, NJ
Does this make your eye shadow stay on for long?
Kinsley R.
Kinsley R.
I know that elf is a cheaply made product, but is this a good eyelid primer?
Lindsey H.
Lindsey H.
Eau Claire, WI
What luxury eyelid primer would you compare this to?
Kelli D.
Kelli D.
Loretto, KY
How expensive is this product?
Bianca M.
Bianca M.
Hi, can I use this primer on all my face? I have never use any primer just foundation.