BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #13 in Eye Makeup Brushes

Applies eyeshadow precisely into the crease of the eyelid for an expertly blended look. The tapered tip is great for contouring to add depth and definition. This brush works great with loose or pressed eyeshadow-wet or dry! The soft Taklon bristles are ve see more...

• Is it a good blending brush?8 Answers
  • dose it work well with drugstore make up or high end make up ?6 Answers
  • Do these elf brushes blend well with darker colors?3 Answers
Buy on e.l.f. ...
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I hate this brush. Lol. I know that sounds a bit heavy and a bit harsh for a 3 dollar brush but its so true. I bought this thing because I love that 99 cent white handled perfectly cut bristled crease brush from elf so if I loved that this has to be 3 times better right? So wrong.
This brush used for the crease is all but impossible and a lengthy process full of extra steps needed like carving out your eyeshadow. If you had a good brush you wouldn't have to do that. But this brush has no precision whatsoever.
And the worst part about this whole thing was how poorly made it is. The metal part holding the bristles came detached within a couple days. It really made me mad. I shouldn't have to glue my brush together that quickly. I've had some quality Sephora Pro brushes for 5 years with no issue.
I definitely don't recommend this brush as it could make someone think that they're the reason they aren't great at makeup. But you never could be with this brush without a ton of effort and other products and brushes. I've been doing full glam makeup daily for about 12 years now. I've taken classes and experimented for hours and hours so I have a ton of experience and this brush is just a huge waste of time and effort and an annoying waste of 3 dollars.
Please save your money for something more well made. You want a good crease brush it either needs to be dense and domed or fluffy ish (not too fluffy) and tapered. This is none of those so it wasn't made right for the job it's intended for and that's just a fact learned from experience.
Mina C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This review is for both the ELF Studio Crease Brush and the new ELF Studio Detail Crease Brush (since I can't find a product listing for the new Detail Crease Brush). If you're looking for a great quality crease brush, both of these are awesome! The regular Studio Crease Brush is your standard size crease brush. Like a small more narrow version of an eyeshadow blending brush that applies and blends out crease eyeshadow nice and soft. If you have this crease brush already, I would still recommend the Detail Crease Brush as well! They both have their own purpose for use. The Detail Crease Brush is half the width of the regular Crease Brush, and pretty much the same length. They both have less dense bristles so you don't pick up too much product at one time. Which is what it's suppose to do so you can build up your crease color without adding too much product at once, and ruining the look. The Crease Brush is used to add your transition colors in the entire crease. While the Detail Crease Brush is used for the corners to get a more precise application without looking muddy and overpowering the transition colors. Both are super soft and I've never had a problem with bristles falling out! Not to mention at $3 each, you can afford to add both to your makeup bag!
Emily B.
Olean, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this crease blending brush it blends out product beautifully, and picks up just enough product as well!!! This brush is just as good as my luxie brushes and also cleans beautifully and has not shed on me at all!!! I have washed and put this brush through a rough time and its still amazing!! I am glad elf is starting to put names on their brushes ....i recommend any elf brush..even the white handle eye brushes are good!!!! Oh and did i mention they are 3 bucks and no more then 6???!!!!! Yessssssssss love that
Macie T.
Mountain View, HI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Really like this eye shadow brush. It’s really good quality for its price. I’ve been using this brush for over a year now & it’s still in great condition. I was this brush about once a week and it’s has not messed with the quality. It also blends my eyeshadow really well.
Darian J.
Gardner, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I actually really love this brush! I've noticed some e.l.f products are phenomenal and some aren't so great BUT all of their products are super affordable so wether you have found a gem or something that's just okay it's still worth what you paid or maybe even more! This brush is great for blending! Makes it a lot easier I switch back and forth between this brush and my morphe blending brush.
Charlotte K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The brush/bristles themselves are actually smaller than I'd anticipated, but I actually don't mind. It helps me to really get in the crease with my smaller eyes. I use this pretty much every time I apply eyeshadow.
Fashion /.
Kingsville, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this brush I use this to blend my eyeshadow & this is a multipurpose brush! This whole ELF line of brushes are great, especially if you are on a budget. I've never had a problem with any of the brushes from the studio ELF line! The $1 ones are just as good (some).
Rosemarie R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Elfs line of makeup brushes really impress me. I have this specific brush in my collection. I got it at walmart for $3. It is such good quality, I don't know why anyone would go out and spend a bunch of money on a brush when this one works just as well. I would recommend.
Amanda B.
Buckley, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
The e.l.f.crease brush is a great product. I picked one up at Walmart to replace an older one. I have really sensitive skin, and this brush is a great inexpensive alternative to more expensive ones while still doing a great job of putting product in the skin.
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
E.L.F. is such a great brand and the products have great prices. I own
several of the E.L.F. brushes and they never fail me. They have lasted
me for like 10 years, no lie! They are the best, hands down. You can buy
them anywhere. I highly recommend them!
Jara V.
Is it a good blending brush?
Amber M.
Is elf good when it comes to cosmetic brushes?
dose it work well with drugstore make up or high end make up ?
krystal ☺.
Does this work well as other drugstore crease brushes?
Jacee W.
San Diego, CA
Do these elf brushes blend well with darker colors?