Brush Shampoo

E.L.F. Cosmetics, Daily Brush Cleaner, Clear, 2.02 fl oz does this really clean your brushes?
Opinions on this Brush Shampoo? I currently use a Labouis brush cleanser tool/bowl.. the amount of shampoos I go through - is ridiculous. (More daughters than Little House on the Prairie and Little women combined will do that to you!)
Does anyone think this product is worth buying over more expensive brush cleaners?
Start your review of Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo!
Product Highlights
This brush cleaner works well with any brush and gets all the excess makeup off really well and smells great definitely a bargain in price it lasts forever in reviews
its a great product, cleans very well, except some of the darker colours, the only bad thing I have to say about this product is the scent, I find it unbearable in reviews
The shampoo works great for all my brushes except the foundation brush I have not been able to get it clean, I'll have to try soaking it [saw on another review].in reviews
I usually travel a few times a year, and for a few weeks at a time, and I hate relying on brush cleanser to get the job done while I'm away.in reviews
I like this stuff I used to make my own and I actually really enjoy this and it works really well and does clean the make-up from my brushes pretty well I do have to scrub my foundation brush because it sticks to the bristles pretty well so I do have to work it out.in reviews
Gianna A.
Island Lake, IL
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Gianna A.
Purchased at: Walmart
I really liked this Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo because of how easy it was to really get out all of the makeup and dirty stuff. I also LOVED how soft it made my makeup brushes!! I was really worried of the brush shampoo dehydrating my makeup brushes or making them feel coarse... but it proved me wrong! This product also doesn’t really have a “smell” to it when you’re cleaning but when the brushes are dried, the brushes give off a kind of soft and light smell, not bad though! Also, to get into the brushes center and just have a better/easier cleaning process, try purchasing a Makeup brush cleaner pad by Findley (I literally purchased a $4 cleansing pad from Amazon) Overall a very good product and I will be using again!! :) How I clean my brushes!!!⤵️⤵️ ***It’s a pretty simple process on cleaning your brushes: put some brush shampoo into a bowl, dip the brushes bristles into the shampoo bowl, rub/rinse out all of the makeup with a brush cleansing pad (I got mine from Amazon), and lastly... rinse out all brush shampoo***
Jessica H.
Titusville, FL
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Jessica H.
Purchased at: Walmart
I really like how the Elf Brush Shampoo gets my makeup brushes clean. It works well with my powder and foundation brushes but the lip brushes not so much.
Candy A.
Brownsburg, IN
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Candy A.
Purchased at: ULTA
For the price, this is a solid brush shampoo and a great option for times when your beauty budget is tight. That being said, I prefer cleansing balms as I feel they get the brushes cleaner, but that’s just preference. Pro tips: use this with a silicone brush pad (you can get cute ones at Ulta very cheap) and put the shampoo on the wet brush, using the silicone pad to “scrub” the makeup and oils off. You don’t need to press hard at all, just gentle pressure and swirling on the pad. Also, clean your brushes regularly! You would not believe how dirty I see a LOT of people keep their makeup brushes. One, you WILL break out using dirty brushes and Two, your makeup will not apply or blend well or correctly if brushes are not washed. I clean my brushes after every makeup session for the above reason and also because I use high-quality brushes and want them well taken care of. Food for thought.
Paris H.
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Paris H.
This isn't great for a super in-depth cleanse, but it is really nice for when I just need a clean brush to use everyday. Due to how cheap it is, it is a great brush cleanser to use liberally on all of your brushes. It also rinses out easily which makes cleaning your brushes quick. I use this soap on my foundation brush after each use since foundation brushes get participant gunky, and this soap makes it easy and cheap to keep it soft and clean.
Nichole Z.
This brush cleaner is so effective! I use it every couple of weeks to clean all my brushes and I have had the same bottle for almost a year. This stuff last forever! It does not leave a residue or scent on any of my brushes and is not harsh on them at all. I would highly recommend this brush cleaner to anybody who wants to clean their brushes and is looking for something different
Emily B.
Fairfax, VA
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Emily B.
I like my Elf Brush Shampoo. I have previously washed brushes using a DIY mix - or sometimes let them just stay dirty or just thrown them away. I mixed a little of this with water and the brushes got clean quickly and they also dried much faster than with my DIY solution. 👍
Candi L.
Rogue River, OR
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Candi L.
I love this product and have repurchased many times. It is great for adding to hot water and gets the majority of pigment out of my brushes before I go in with the ELF cake soap. I wash often and have a lot of brushes and this bottle has lasted me ages. I would highly recommend and remember, clean brushes are happy brushes!
Leila G.
Commerce, CA
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Leila G.
Purchased at: Amazon
🇺🇸Incredible product to clean your makeup brushes and instruments, removes dirt, makeup, grease, and debris from your brush while conditioning the hair for a new application of your makeup... 🇪🇨Increíble producto para limpiar tus brochas e instrumentos de maquillaje, elimina la suciedad, el maquillaje, el aceite y los desechos de tu cepillo mientras acondiciona el cabello para nueva aplicación de tu maquillaje... Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo
Kaci R.
Yuma, AZ
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Kaci R.
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Kaci R.
Purchased at: Walmart
Okay so I have a bad habit of not cleaning my brushes. I’m so lazy with it because I hate doing it so instead I buy new ones. Well tonight I decided to stop being lazy and just clean my brushes, so I used this and I spent an hour and a half cleaning over 80 makeup brushes. This stuff is a miracle worker! It got makeup off of brushes I’ve had for I honestly don’t even know how long! Also a lot of them are obviously stained but it got a lot of vibrant pigments out because I use bright colours often! The downside is you have to leave them out to dry but if you clean them at the end of the day it’s easy to just leave them overnight. My brushes look clean and I’m (hopefully) going to start cleaning them more often now! It also only costs $5 for a large bottle. It is like an actual shampoo too so it’s a little more work than just spraying it and cleaning easier you have to rub it in with a bit of water.
Lisa F.
Long Beach, NY
1,844 reviews
Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo uploaded by Lisa F.
Purchased at: Rite Aid
Usually I wash my makeup brushes by using Dawn dish soap and hot water and letting them soak and cleaning them dry one by one. I heard some good things about the ELF brush shampoo so I bought it from my local Rite Aid . It helps wash away makeup, oil, debris and dirt and also conditions the bristles. You massage a small amount of the product with water, working it into the bristles. After rinsing you gently squeeze out any excess water and lay them flat on a clean towel so they can fully dry. I feel like it definitely cleans my brushes more thoroughly, and as long as I do it more often, they’ll stay clean longer. Great product!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Dali F.
Herriman, UT
il y a 6 mois
Talya G. il y a 6 mois
Yes! That’s my favorite thing about it. I just spray it on the brush and wipe it with a tissue and BANG - you’ll see tons of color coming out of it and you can store it immediately after.
Lisa F.
Long Beach, NY
1,844 reviews
il y a 10 mois
Is Elf Cosmetics Brush Shampoo a good product? Is it also good to use on Oval makeup brushes?
Lani D. il y a 4 mois
I think it’s an ok product. I bought it because it was convenient but I really prefer cleaning my brushes with an activated charcoal bar.