e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer

$2.99 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*4 other buying options

This primer is infused with Salicylic Acid, Vitamin E, and Tea Tree to help control breakouts and blemishes. The primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application.

How To Use:

1. Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application to prep skin.
  2. Use a small amount and blend evenly on your face.
  3. Allow 30 seconds for the primer to set and follow up with acne fighting foundation.

Active Ingredient(s): Salicylic Acid 2%
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Triethanolamine, Polycrylamid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

Does this dry out your face?
Does this leave you greasy and your pores clogged?
Has anybody tried e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer ? What are your thoughts about this primer?
Start your review of e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
if you don't need to fill/smooth out pores i would definitely purchase. especially if you have acne prone oily skin. it keeps me matte and does not break me out. i have sensitive acne prone skin. anything and everything irritates me. this is like a layer of protectionin 593 reviews
5 days agoDefuniak Springs, Florida
e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer uploaded by tiffany N.
Purchased at: Walmart
I love this blemish control primer from ELF although I do not use it as a primer, I use it as a treatment instead. I always apply this after cleansing and toning my face and before my serums and moisturizers. This product really helps control breakouts. I use it morning and night and it keeps my breakouts under control. The packaging for this primer is beautiful, like most ELF products it looks and feels like a luxury brand but has a drugstore price tag. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a primer/treatment to keep their breakouts under control.
4 months agoBoynton Beach , FL
This primer is okay. It's decently priced at $6, but it really doesn't do much for "blemish control", especially since it causes my pores to show even more after applying foundation. I use moisturizer under this and even wait a few minutes before applying foundation to give the primer a chance to settle into my skin. It just doesn't work for me.
a month agoOrlando
I feel as if this primer is drying. If you have naturally oily skin this will probably better for you since i do have dry skin. This definitely covers my pores and has a matte finish. I don't really see a difference in "controlling" blemishes. But try it out maybe it will work for you.
5 days agoNewnan
As always I highly recommend elf cosmetics to anyone looking for an affordable makeup brand that truly delivers. my wife and I use elf all the time and both of us have different skin types but are able to use the same primer! This one is great for picture perfect moments!
a month ago
For someone who is always trying to reduce my red face, this product was so helpful! Used it right after I moisturized and was able to use less foundation, and it still lasted 12-16 hour days. Love this product! Anyone who has red face should try at least once.
a month agoMarietta, GA
This is a great product for a great price! I have naturally rosy cheeks so the Blemish Control Primer allows for an even application of my foundation. This primer is SO affordable and long-lasting! I absolutely love E.L.F. products!
a month ago
I tried Elf Cosmetics blemish since green neutralizes red, the only problem is when I applied it to my skin it beaded up and wouldn’t stay on my skin. Price is very affordable but not worth spending the money on if it doesn’t work!
2 months agoLake City
Purchased at: Walmart
So I bought this primer after hearing some good reviews about elf in general, but I have to say that it is the worst primer that I have ever used on my skin. While I will admit it comes at great price and may very well work on those with non-combination skin. It does not work for me. I find that it feels too light going on and causes this ugly clumpy half dry half wet look under my eyes after a few hours of wear with concealer and foundation. I will not be using this primer for myself again, but like I said it may work for someone with a different skin type, and elf has a lot of other great products, so I definitely won't let this one cloud my judgement of them.
5 days agoMelrose, MA
the consistency of this primer was a bit weird, it was almost too slippery to where it made my foundation slide off. i would not really recommend it, if you’re going to get a primer from the drugstore maybe try a different one
2 months agoWalled Lake, MI
Oh god I love this primer. It gives my face the blurr effect and I love it! It’s such an affordable product that works so well. Smells amazing. And I love the consistency of the product, feels so soft and amazing on the face

133 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Dawn E. a month ago
I love this one. I've never had any issues with it breaking my skin out, and it has a nice consistency. By far the best budget friendly primer for anyone with acne prone skin.
a month ago
e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer ? Does anyone else break out from this primer? I didn't feel like it helped blemishes or preventing them.
Christina J. a month ago
Not necessarily. It doesn’t help with already existing breakouts nor have I experienced further breakouts from using it. However it is a good primer if you are acne prone and don’t want future breakouts for an affordable price.
4 months ago
e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer ? Because it is good blemish control im worried it will give my skin an abnormal texture or feel to it. Any input? Pro con??
Lyndsie H. 4 months ago
I didn't notice anything with me when it came to blemish control, but the texture is normal! It's just like a cream and it's easy to put on.