BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #45 in Face Primer

This primer is infused with Salicylic Acid, Vitamin E, and Tea Tree to help control breakouts and blemishes. The primer transforms your face into a flawless, smooth canvas ideal for long-lasting makeup application.

How To Use

Apply To Clean Skin Prior To Makeup Application To Prep Skin. Use A Small Amount And Blend Evenly On Your Face.

Following Application Use The Acne Fighting Foundation

ingredients:

0.47 Fl. Oz. (14ml)

Active Ingredient(S): Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Triethanolamine, Polycrylamid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Disodium Edta, Panthenol, Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

• What is your favorite primer? My fav is the e.l.f. Cosmet...10 Answers
  • I have some blemishes and red spots, which one should I g...1 Answers
  • I'm real confused about which primer to use. I have combo...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon*
  • "if you don't need to fill/smooth out pores i would definitely purchase. especially if you have acne prone oily skin. it keeps me matte and does not break me out. i have sensitive acne prone skin. anything and everything irritates me. this is like a layer of protection" in 593 reviews
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
Sceptical at first because e.l.f products are... Ya know... A little cheap. But this blemish control face primer wound up being the only one I use. It has 2% salicylic acid to treat acne, and is one of the best primers I've ever used. Obviously I am prone to acne, and have pretty big pores. But this primer leaves my face poreless and the perfect, smooth canvas to start applying my make-up. I will never spend money on expensive primers again. I feel like I found a hidden treasure. If you have oily, acne-prone skin I cannot recommend this enough.
Zoey S.
North Hampton
I love this blemish control primer! I don't JUST use it for a primer, I use it daily as a cream after I wash my face. I put it right on my blemishes and it stops them from scabbing, bleeding, and hurting. It also helps the blemishes fade away really fast. This is my favorite thing that I own right now. I use it constantly. It's super cheap and I can get it at any drug store. I've been using it for a few months, and whenever I have a horrible breakout session, I just put this cream all over my pimples and it makes them feel and look so much better. The swelling immediately goes down and it isn't so red. When I do my makeup, I put this cream on along with E.l.f. Cosmetics e.l.f. Studio Color Correcting Stick Correct The Red and my acne is literally unnoticeable.
Santhi P.
I have very dry skin and breakout quite often from different makeup products, so I was wary about this primer. I’m super glad I started using it because it has definitely made a difference in my skin and how long my makeup lasts throughout the day. I use a decent amount of moisturizer and let it sink into my skin and then put the primer on. Then, right after I apply the primer, I apply my makeup and it lasts the whole day and doesn’t dry out my skin. Also, not sure why people are saying there is no product. I’ve been using the same small size for over two months so I think the amount of product in the bottle is totally reasonable. Maybe they just got a faulty bottle? Anyway, definitely recommend and the price point is great as well!
Bobbi V.
san antonio
so i wasn’t disappointed nor was i ecstatic about this primer. here’s what i think: 1) it does its job as a primer. while i don’t think it’s the best primer out there it still does a decent job prepping for a base 2) i don’t think it helped with blemish control and tbh i don’t understand how it was supposed to. it doesn’t contain any salicylic acid or benz so in not sure how it’s supposed to truly help with blemishes 3) very cheap, cheapest brand in terms of cost and while some of elf does have quality cosmetics, i don’t think this is a hit 4) you can find it easily at target or ulta.
if you’re on a budget or trying out make up then it’s not bad to try but if you’re a beauty guru, then i wouldn’t recommend
Emmily P.
Moreno Valley, CA
I needed something to help with my breakouts and the fact that this has acne fighting ingredients in it is a plus. When I first applied the primer it mattified my skin instantly, made it feel soft, and seemed to help with toning down my redness a bit. But once I put on foundation, it started separating and coming up in little pieces. I never had this problem before with other primers unless my moisturizer/spf was too chunky but I didnt wear any underneath. When I tried it again a different day with no foundation or skin makeup, the primer still flaked off on its own. :( I have normal oily combination skin so it wasnt my skin flaking off.
Rachel F.
Royal
I think this primer does everything it says, my skin doesn’t breakout more while I’m using this primer. This allows for my skin to clear up faster with other product, since my blemishes are controlled. I think you are getting a pretty good product for like 5 dollars. The packaging is really nice for a drugstore item and prefect for traveling with.

I did take off a star because the primer is extremely tacky. This isn’t a huge deal just a personal preference.
Josie H.
madison
This product is ok I guess. It is easy to spread out and good for acne prone skin. It for the most part helped my makeup stay on longer, but the amount of product that you get is terrible the bottle is not full! The product is only stored In the silver part of the top! The actual green inside is just plastics with no product in inside! The product was ok but the amount you get is EXTREMELY deceiving!
LaTosha M.
Phillipsburg
The 3 stars are for the product itself..which is good. It goes on smooth and helps make fine lines and wrinkles melt away..however..elf cosmetics are very deceiving. If you open the package up entirely there is a teeny tiny bottle inside of that big bottle and then another tiny bottle inside of that which makes this extremely deceiving. So of tou think 6.00 is good for primer that works..sure..but youre lucky to get a months use out of it..and that is pushing it. If you use it every day you will probably go through this in less than 2 weeks.
MorganBrielle♓️ B.
Ok so I bought this primer because I tend to get red spots or blotches on my skin. So I tried it out, it comes out like a pea green. But when you apply to the face you don’t see the green color at all. It has a silicone based feel on the skin. But it honestly makes my makeup melt onto my face and last all day without getting oily or building up creases. I am in love with this primer! Fills pours also for a flawless finish. I find rubbing it in to the skin and letting it dry for a minute for best results!
Aris J.
Lexington
I bought the small version of this a few years back and HATED it. I must have gotten a bad batch or something - it was gritty on my skin! I literally throw it to the back of my collection and never used it again. I saw this new one out at Walmart this month and gave it another try, along with other products from elf. SO GLAD I DID! I'm not sure how much blemish control it does, but it leaves my skin feeling like absolute silk and I've noticed my concealer and foundation stay put much longer and nicer!
Sara M.
London
I've just ordered this. I have very sensitive skin and tend to break out when I use foundation. Will this help ?
amélie L.
What is your favorite primer? My fav is the e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer
brittiny b.
Amherst, NS
So do you still see the green tint when you apply all your makeup ? green foundation baffles me.
Laura C.
Kings Mtn, NC
I've seen this at Walmart and considered buying it, it's not that expensive but was still wondering if it's worth it? Is it smooth and weightless? Does it really help with blemishes?
Kymberley G.
Dayton, OH
I'm looking for the perfect primer to create a matte finish with my combination skin. How does this compare to more expensive brands?