BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #19 in Face Primer

Use this primer to transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas. Infused with Salicylic Acid, Vitamin E, and Tea Tree extract to help control breakouts and blemishes while preparing your skin so makeup will go on evenly with a long-lasting satin finish.

• I'm real confused about which primer to use. I have combo, acne p...1 Answers
  • How well dose this primer work for dry combination skin? Dose it ...3 Answers
  • I've just ordered this. I have very sensitive skin and tend to br...12 Answers
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Columbia, SC
In the 6 months that I have been watching makeup tutorial videos and testing as many products as I could get my hands on, this has been the ONLY rub-in primer that I have actually loved and not had a single issue with. I get the occasional spot breakout, have dry skin towards my neck and oily in my T-zone, and also have a touch of keratosis pilaris (which causes some redness, similar to rosacea), so the primer I use obviously has a lot of issues to combat with my skin, not to mention having to work with the makeup I choose.
This primer minimizes the look of my pores (without making them clogged), hides almost ALL of my redness, and does not cause any extra breakouts. It goes on so smoothly and leaves my skin feeling extra soft... there are days when I only put moisturizer on and this primer because it makes the skin look so good. It also helps make my foundation look extremely good, whether it be the Maybelline mouse or my Smashbox 15 hour wear. I've tried other primers ranging in price from $10 to $40 and I can't find one that I like as much as this.
This primer is definitely worth trying and completely worth the money!
Tara J.
Tara J.
This is my favorite drugstore primer. I tried it hoping it would be a potential alternative to my Smashbox More Than Primer Blemish Control Primer only to find that I loved it even more. The e.l.f. Primer fills in my pores to create a smooth canvas and also contains salicylic acid to keep blemishes at bay. It only takes one pump to cover my entire face and it blends in extremely easily. I'm a very oily skinned girl and I find this primer keeps away the shine and helps my makeup stay looking fresh for longer. I've repurchased 3 times now and I can't see myself ever using a different drugstore primer.
Alyssa P.
Alyssa P.
I've been using this product for a while now and I was hoping I'd notice a difference in my acne but I haven't. I never use primers but I saw that others reviewed that it helped clear blemishes and all so I wanted to give it a try. It is not a bad product. It went on nicely when applied to the face and smoothed texture for good makeup application which I was happy with. It didn't make my acne any worse or cause breakouts which is good too. So overall -- good product. It's a great primer and didn't do anything to irritate skin or cause acne but it also didn't help the acne either.
Fiona D.
Fiona D.
I got this primer as a free add-on with one of my orders on e.l.f.'s website. I'm very happy with it as it was free, but for those looking at purchasing it, I'd say that the primer is fine, but the green tint is a gimmick.

I have a fair amount of blemishes, and while this primer feels rather smooth after application, the green color does not show up at all or does not diminish any redness on my face at all. No effect whatsoever.

Since I keep hearing really great reviews about their mineral infused primer, I'd probably just buy that one and not worry about the green tint.
Denisse R. A.
Denisse R. A.
Brooksville, FL
I just tried this for the first time and I LOVE it! ❤️😍 I had a photo shoot today in the hot Florida sun, and was outdoors for an HR. When I got back to the car, my husband was drenched in sweat and I wasn't even shiny! My skin looked glowy and soft! Stayed perfectly matte, and I have oily/combo skin! Definitely worth trying out!

The texture is creamy, and despite being green, it did not leave color behind. Helped manage my redness, and my foundation/setting powder went on and stayed flawless! I will definitely be buying again! Only cost me 6$ at Walmart!
Tara N.
Tara N.
Hempstead, NY
this primer was surprisingly a lot thicker then i expected. this brand elf is very surprising itself. elf is cheaper than most drug store brands. the primer was perfect for my combination skin. my only gripe with the product is the packaging. the size of the packaging doesn't represent the amount of product that you get. i cut the container opened to find a smaller (much smaller) container inside. i can't complain too much since it is so cheap but even still i wouldn't be paying that much more for a slightly larger tube from another brand.
Mary T.
Mary T.
Bought this product after falling in love with their other products. Never used a primer before, so it was definitely new to me. I did not know what to expect, but I ended up loving this product as well. I chose e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer due to having that redness on my face that was not blush. Application is easy and it's lightweight. It definitely assisted with keeping the foundation on my face throughout the day and I have noticed that it does help control the blemishes. I definitely recommend this product.
Kyla V.
Kyla V.
Watonga, OK
First off, let me say that if you are purchasing make-up on a budget (or new to make-up/primers), then this product will probably be great for you! However, if you have tried any of the "big" brands (think UD, Becca, Hourglass, Benefit, CoverFX), then you probably won't like this primer. It did an okay job of helping my make-up stay put, but it definitely was not as good as many others I have tried. Also, I can't say that it actually helped with my blemishes at all, either. Another thing, it did NOT control my oily t-zone!
Heather T.
Heather T.
Mckinney, TX
I was first introduced to the elf line when I was shopping at Target. I was drawen to the packaging at first because it looked like it could be a high end proudunt...... in target??!! I couldn't believe how inexpensive these were. So of course I bought almost everything. One of them being the Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer. I rarely have skin problems but it happens to the best of us. This is smooth and blends in nicely. It wasn't dry looking at all in fact it worked very well for being in this price range.
Abbie C.
Abbie C.
I tend to be a very low-fuss makeup user, but when I'm wanting to look a little more polished or want to make sure that my makeup stays looking nicer longer, I'll use elf primer. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to makeup, so even though elf is more reasonable it still seems like a lot to pay for such a small amount! It gets the job done, but isn't worth the price for every day use (in my opinion). Make sure to unscrew the lid when it seems empty--I've found that about half the product is usually left inside.
Sara M.
Sara M.
London
I've just ordered this. I have very sensitive skin and tend to break out when I use foundation. Will this help ?
Laura C.
Laura C.
Kings Mtn, NC
I've seen this at Walmart and considered buying it, it's not that expensive but was still wondering if it's worth it? Is it smooth and weightless? Does it really help with blemishes?
Kymberley G.
Kymberley G.
Dayton, OH
I'm looking for the perfect primer to create a matte finish with my combination skin. How does this compare to more expensive brands?
brittiny b.
brittiny b.
Amherst, NS
So do you still see the green tint when you apply all your makeup ? green foundation baffles me.
Jenny T.
Jenny T.
Does this primer dry your skin out?