BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #24 in Bronzer

Create a gorgeous sculpted glow with this baked duo. The Highlighter helps illuminate the skin with a sheer wash of shimmer, while the Bronzer adds a natural-looking contour effect. Enriched with Jojoba, Sunflower, Apricot, and Grape to help nourish and hydrate the skin.

How to use:

Apply the bronzer on the sides of the forehead, under the cheekbones and chin to sculpt and define. Sweep the highlighter onto cheekbones, brow bones, and/or décolleté to add shimmer.

• on a scale from 1-10 how would you rate this product ? does one get...3 Answers
  • I'm really struggling to get any pigment out of this product. What ...4 Answers
  • Okay I'm always a huge believer that brushes make all the differenc...4 Answers
Kaela J.
Kaela J.
Lynchburg, SC
E.l.f. is one of my go-to drugstore brands that I recommend to anyone that wants high quality makeup without the high price. That being said, this product was not my favorite thing the company has made. I am going to talk about the overall product to begin with and then I will split it into bronzer and highlighter.
The overall product's packaging is nice. It is compact and easy to throw in a makeup bag to go or store in small containers or drawers. The item is priced around the three dollar range and for that price I do believe that it is worth it. However, I believe their are products that are much better and that if you can afford to spend a few more dollars they are worth the splurge.
The highlight in this duo is not bad, and it is the only reason I would suggest this product. However, do not buy this expecting a beaming highlight that rivals Becca or ABH. If you have expectations this high you will be disappointed. The main downfall of this product is that it is nothing but glitter. You have to be extremely careful because a little too much can be disastrous. If you use a light hand and add fix plus or eye drops to the powder on your brush then you can get a pretty good highlight out of this, but the glitter is still pretty prominent.
The bronzer on the other hand, I cannot bring myself to wear. I have very fair skin and the combination of the very orange undertone and the extreme glitter composition is way too much. If you have fair skin I recommend you stay far away from this product. If you have a darker skin tone you could probably mix the two together and get a pretty golden highlight.
All in all, this product is worth the three dollars but it is nothing spectacular and not my favorite e.l.f. product that I have used.
Bailey M.
Bailey M.
I am breaking this down to the highlighter and the bronzer because I have very different opinions on them

Highlighter: I love the highlighter. It's a very nice shimmery shade that isn't too glittery. Being a super pale girl a lot of highlighters can be too dark or too white. I have found that it is best to apply with my fingers. Because it is baked it can be kind of hard to pick up with a brush.

Bronzer: I really dislike this bronzer. Because it's baked it's really hard to pick up pigment with a brush. And when I do use a brush it really just picks up shimmer. When I try to use my fingers (because that's the best way to get pigment) it's really hard to blend out. If you are looking for a cheap bronzer I recommend the wet n' wild palette. Or even the elf prime and stay finishing powder in the shade medium/deep. I have seen it in stores and it's always on their website. Plus it's $2.

The product isn't bad I just wish the highlighter and bronzer were separate. I did get this in and elf voxbox from influenster but I do review a lot of elf products and getting it for free in no way changed my opinion.
O. H.
O. H.
I recieved this product for free in my E.L.F. VoxBox!

As a bronzer/highlighter, I'd give this product 2 stars.
As an eyeshadow, 5 stars! So I evened it out in my rating.

My first thought when I got this product was that they should have made the bronzer side a little larger and the highlighter side smaller. Highlighting normally uses a smaller brush, and just you use less, maybe not even on a daily basis, etc. I can already see it becoming weirdly lopsided. Maybe you're supposed to swirl them both together to use, but seeing as the bronzer side already has a sheen I didn't feel inclined to use it that way. That said, I tried my best to only get bronzer on my brush but it was very sheer. Highlighter was easy- I just used my finger to apply. Great!

I decided to use it was eyeshadow then (highlighter all over, bronzer in the crease). Much happier with that. Still very light but I can pack a lot more bronzer on using my finger!
Greidys R.
Greidys R.
Doral, FL
First of all this product was received in a VoxBox thanks to Influenster and Elf Cosmetics.

In this review I start talking about what I did not like the product to understand why I did not give the 5 stars first of all the part of the bronzer is very small I did not like the texture at the time of Pass the brush feels very rustic third I did not like the pigmentation of the bronzer and illuminator since it really is not enough for its function and Tonality of the bronzer is very orange for my taste and room I did not like that the bronzer is shiny since for my taste it is better mate. I also liked the illuminator, since it was not very Pigmented I like to touch up and also are good as shadows give a very sexy look. That said, I tried my best to only get bronzer on my brush but it was very sheer. Highlighter was easy. I just used my finger to apply. Great!
Charis C.
Charis C.
Puyallup, WA
I received this product complementary from Infuenster; this review is an honest opinion of my personal experience with this product.
I was excited to try this highlighter/bronzer duo as I've had great experiences with e.l.f. products in the past, but I was disappointed with this one.
The pigment isn't very heavy, and it didn't transfer well with my brush - I had to use an eyeshadow applicator to get very much off the pallet, and even then it took a couple of applications to get the tone I wanted. It was definitely more sheer than what I would have preferred.
The color also wasn't very compatible with my tone, I have very light skin. The highlighter was more useful but the bronzer just didn't work for me.
I probably won't recommend this product to my fellow fair skinned users, both for application issues and the tone.
Audrey R.
Audrey R.
Va Beach, VA
*~* I received this in a Voxbox from Influenster *~*

Wasn't super pleased with this bronzer/highlighter duo. The color is super sheer (as seen in the swatch) and I was very forgiving while searching that, trust me. I used my finger to swatch on my wrist, but when applying with my Tarte Contour brush and Sonia Kashuk Fan brush (which never fail me when using my go to contour/highlight pair: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in "Moonstone" and Benefit's Hoola Bronzer) to my face it appeared even more sheer and patchy. I don't know if it was just me but the quality of this product isn't very good. I wouldn't reccomend this. I understand that it is supposed to be subtle, but this is subtle in a way that doesn't even do anything to your skin and magnifies every pore and gives your skin this patchy texture. Not good.
keidy S.
keidy S.
There are pretty much no words to describe how much I absolutely adore this duo. Bronzer and highlight are a very important step in my process of getting ready each day. Ever since receiving these goodies from Influenster, I have not been able to put them down. This product is a shining example of why I say that price means absolutely nothing when it comes to makeup. Sometimes we get lucky and find such products that blow our minds at such an affordable price. This is one of those finds!! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone and everyone. The bronzer is such a beautiful natural color and the highlight adds that extra pop that we are all looking for. If you are looking for an excellent quality product at an even better price I cannot recommend this enough.
Kendra W.
Kendra W.
Hmmmm, how do I describe my feelings towards this product? I do like the packaging, it's nice and small, easy to travel with, and I was super excited to try it as a freebie from influenster. But after much testing with fingers, brushes, cotton swabs, anything that I could think to get the product on my face I came to the realization that the best option is your finger. And while the highlighter is really pretty and works really well, only when you put it on with your finger....The bronzer side is useless. There's no way that I would use a bronzer that has that much shimmer in it, and it's the same color as my skin tone for some reason... even though it doesn't look like it in the packaging. So I would definitely buy the highlighter but not the bronzer.
Carrie W.
Carrie W.
Oakland, CA
I was disappointed in the highlighter as far as the formula goes. It felt dry, was difficult to pick up and wasn't as finely milled as other E.L.F. products. At first swipe, all I saw was glitter, but on the second swipe, the color started to show up on my skin. It actually took 3 swipes to equal the pigmentation of the bronzer. The bronzer is a warmer shade with a finely milled shimmer. It's a medium shade of bronze, not too dark and not too light but since it contains shimmer, I would probably use it sparingly...maybe on my cheeks and a light dusting around the perimeter of my face. Overall I think these formulas are a little too glittery and dry for me.

I received this product from Influenster in the E.L.F. Voxbox in exchange for my honest review.
Jenny F.
Jenny F.
Knoxville, TN
I received this product in my elf vox box for free. Out of all the items in the box this is actually the only one that I don't really like.
First of all, it took me forever to find a good way to use it. The thing is small so I either needed a tiny brush (which is hard to use on my face) or I got both colors at once. I finally ended up using a larger brush, getting both colors, and trying to just run the middle of the brush across my cheekbone so I would get light on the bottom and darker on the top.
Also, this product isn't very visable. I use other bronzer and I can tell when I have it on, with this bronzer it really just looks like I smeared glitter on my face. I can't see the bronzer at all (maybe it's a perfect match for my skin tone?). #contest
Lori P.
Lori P.
Auburn, WA
Does the highlight actually show? I've been having problems finding highlighters with good shine.
Jully M.
Jully M.
¿Me lo recomiendan?, me encantaría probarlo
Alexis W.
Alexis W.
Does anyone like to use this wet? I'm finding little pigment. Is wet better?
Kennedy M.
Kennedy M.
Howell, NJ
Does this leave a pigmented highlight? I've been torn between this and colourpop for a while and can't decide which I want to buy for a bold high light.
Shelbi D.
Shelbi D.
Valdosta, GA
is this pigmented? and if so, good for medium skin tone ?