BY E.L.F. COSMETICS #53 in Makeup Sponges

This blending sponge flawlessly applies makeup for professionally even and smooth-looking skin. Great for creating a full coverage base, contouring or layering color. This durable sponge is washable and reusable, and perfect for use with all makeup formulations. The comfort curve fits perfectly in the hand and is great for controlled application.

How To Use

Dip The Sponge Into Your Foundation Or Concealer And Apply To The Face Using A Stippling Motion, Lightly Dabbing The Product To Blend. Use The Rounded End To Cover Large Areas And The Tapered End Around The Nose, Mouth And Eyes.

ingredients:

Latex Free.

• Do you use your beauty blender wet or dry?23 Answers
  • Do the sponges come in differnt colors?3 Answers
  • Does the sponge blend your foundation the same as a beaut...2 Answers
Taylar R.
Pittsburgh
I picked up this sponge at target because I could not find my favorite EcoTools Perfecting Blender Duo, knowing that I love E.L.F products. I was so disappointed when I got home and opened it up. It’s a very firm sponge, and doesn’t expand much with water. It soaked up so much of my foundation that I had to use double what I normally do, only to struggle endlessly to blend it in. I was left with spots and streaks, not to mention feeling like I was going to knock myself unconscious trying to blend out my cream contour with this hard as a rock sponge.
Ashlie H.
Salem, IL
I usually love elf products but I do not like this beauty blender at all. I needed a beauty blender and was looking for a cheaper one that I could possibly rely on so I bought this one...boy was I disappointed. Yes it did apply my liquid foundation but it looked blotchy and the sponge is a little rough. It didn't really do a good job at getting the foundation all over my face and if it wasn't blotchy in one spot it looked streaky. This beauty blender just didn't cut it for me. I would not recommend buying the elf beauty blender.
Caitlin H.
Valley Vlg, CA
The real beauty blenders are expensive and only last a couple months, so I've been on the look out for good dupes, and I think I found it. Realistically, it's not as good as the real beauty blender, it is much more tough and hard, but it does make due. I would not use this product dry but rather run it under warm water for a few seconds until it has doubled in size. Then squeeze out all excess water! You will find you makeup goes on much smoother and creamy
Mackenzie C.
Suwanee, GA
This is my favorite makeup sponge ever. I was hesitant to purchase it because most affordable makeup sponges feel rock solid, even when they are wet. But this one really surprised me! It’s only $5 or $6 at target or Walmart and it lasts a long time too. It’s so soft and it gets so big and even softer when wet with water. Blends all of my makeup together for an airbrushed finish. Just repurchased my third one and I’m still obsessed with it. Highly recommend! You need this makeup sponge in your makeup bag!!
Jazz P.
Brandon, FL
I had high hopes for this product. However, I can honestly say this is the worst makeup sponge I have ever used. It is very dense, which makes it difficult to blend liquid foundation. I was able to move makeup around my face, but blending was nearly impossible. Also, you have to use a very heavy hand (because of the density), and a lot of time to get a somewhat decent result. Otherwise, your foundation would be uneven and splotchy. I would not recommend this to anyone. I would not repurchase this.
To those looking for a drugstore sponge, I'd say try the real techniques complexion sponge instead.
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Giving 3 stars because it gets the job done and it's affordable for those that don't want to spend the money for the name brand beauty blenders. That being said, it's not a high-quality blender by any means. Product gets caked into the pores of the blender very easily, therefore leading the blender to need cleaned VERY often. It also gets very firm and uncomfortable to use on skin after only a few weeks of use. I'd say spend the extra few dollars and get a more high-end blender for the sake of your time, amount of your product being wasted inside the blender and for your skin!
Lacy S.
Ward
I had never used a beauty blender before so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I did like this one. I usually apply my foundation with my fingers, but since buying this beauty blender, I've been a lot happier with my foundation. It's not splotchy like I thought it would be, and it doesn't soak up my foundation as I expected it to!
Felicia V.
KENT, WA
This sponge is by far my favourite foundation applicator. It's easy to hold, just the right size, and the perfect shape. It's has just the right "squish" and I find it didn't suck up all of my makeup like some other sponges I've tried. I love using it because it gives a great finish, and doesn't leave any marks or streaks. I also love side with the small tip, as it helps get my concealer under my eyes perfectly. I purchased mine at Target for I believe $3 (what a STEAL), but you can probably get it anywhere such as Wal-Mart, Walgreens, ECT. I've already recommended this sponge to a few people who always ask what I use to apply my foundation, as it looks pretty flawless and natural.
Krista T.
I bought this E.L.F. blender sponge because I was hoping to find a great affordable blender as most are quite expensive. The price on this blender was right for me. I've been using it for a few weeks now but I'm not very impressed with it. It's too hard for my liking. While it does expand when dampened, it is still too hard.  I find it very hard to blend out liquid foundation and concealer in a bouncing motion with it. It leaves a very odd  texture in my base. I have to do more of a swiping motion to avoid it. One decent thing I can say for it is that I don't feel like it soaks up and wastes my product a lot. Overall this is a miss for me. I won't be repurchasing.
Ashanti E.
Great blending sponge. One of the best I’ve used. Easy to use and blends well. Leaves foundation and other products looking great. Compared to the price of one Beauty Blender, this sponge costs $6 at my local drugstore and works just as well as the B.B. One downside though is that it does get dirty very quickly from everyday use.
Danni M.
Do you use your beauty blender wet or dry?
Brandi B.
Do you recommend using brushes or beauty blenders?
Ziara A.
IS GOOD when you applying foundation to the sponge
Jessica H.
Newark, DE
How do you clean these? it is going to be my first time using a sponge and I ordered this particular one!
Arpita B.
Is this sponge worth buying? and is it comparable to the beauty blender in terms of the finish on the face?