e.l.f. Beauty Shield™ SPF 50 Skin Shielding Primer uploaded by Mara C.

BY E.L.F. COSMETICS

This primer creates a lightweight base to blur fine lines for smooth makeup application. Formulated with SPF 50 and key antioxidants to help protect your skin.

Sandy G.
Sandy G.
I was super excited to get this in the mail and unfortunately I battled with the cheap packaging for over hour. I could not for the life of me open it. The plastic top was jammed. I understand elf saves money in packaging to save us money but this was on another level for me. The primer does appear to fill in pores and smooth the skin nicely, but I do tend to experience pilling every time I use it. It doesn't appear to play well with other skincare. If used alone. It does serve its purpose. I do appreciate the spf which is what I was most excited about. An added layer of spf is always appreciated.
Giselle V.
Giselle V.
Tulare
This primer is great. That's literally all I have to say about it. The packaging it good, literally in any elf packaging is great to begin with. So I was a first time user, but I will continue to use, considering it does have spf 45, higher than any other foundation alone. My foundation alone is just spf 15 but with this primer, it adds more protection to skin more than anything. I easily found this at Walmart, just to try it but I will continue to use, the quality it contains is amazing, especially for protecting your skin.
Nancy P.
Nancy P.
This primer is my new holy grail! I recently saw this in store and was very intrigued because it has SPF 50! When I tried it I did notice it had a little bit of a tint to it but once I worked it into my skin in looked great. It even covered some of my annoying acne scars. It has the same feel as the Porefessional by Benefit but it does not come with the steep price tag. It feels great and kept my foundation in place all day! This is a must try!!
Jaqueline C.
Jaqueline C.
Wellsville
I love everything about this primer! The price, the quality, the packaging, everything! The only thing I would say to keep an eye on is the amount of time that you leave the product before aplying the rest of your makeup, if you leave it too long, it seems to pebble up on your face instead of staying smooth, but if you put the rest of the makeup on without waiting for a little bit, it stays flat and perfect!
Mara C.
Mara C.
Diamond Bar, CA
This primer is so worth the purchase. With an inexpensive price tag but effective quality, this primer doubles with SPF 50 and the color is lightly tinted to blend in beautifully with your skin color or tone regardless of what it is. It allowed my makeup to stay on pretty well all day despite this summer heat! Love it!
Brandi M.
Brandi M.
Eden
I have to say, I was pretty impressed with this primer for the price. I was a little scepticle of ELF products when they became popular but now I love them. With elf primer, my makeup stays solid for at least 4-5 hours with NO setting spray. I love it, could not ask for something better for the price. Only place for improvement would be that it is a little drying!
brooke b.
brooke b.
murrietta
this is 100% my favorite I primer that I've tried so far love it so much and it sticks the phone and sometimes I use it as like a glitter glue if I want some gold on my lips like it will stick perfectly to it and it will not shut off and it feels great on the road and you don't even have to use that much and it's perfect for the price
Brianna W.
Brianna W.
Wanaque
I think this primer is really nice and worth the price.  Ow normally I don't use primer and when I do and barrow it from my sister. So using this was really nice it did its job and I'm not complaining. I've only used it once because like I said I don't always use primer mostly because I'm still practicing my makeup skills and when I go out in public I don't wear foundation or anything like that I only wear mascara and some eyeshadow and rarely eyeliner.
Angela N.
Angela N.
Essexville
I love this primer! It's great for people with sensitive skin and it fits in small places. It's not pricey either which is awesome! I have my friends use this primer when we go out. It meets my every expectation for a primer. It sets a very nice even layer on the skin and locks the color of your natural skin tone.
Ariel M.
Ariel M.
A wonderful primer for the price! I have always been pleased with Elf products given what you pay, and this product is no exception. It goes on smoothly, and while it doesn't seem to last quite as long as some other primers I've used in the past, it will absolutely get you through your date night. Would recommend!
Melanie M.
Melanie M.
Alfred, NY
How does this primer work compared to high end brands?
Kristen F.
Kristen F.
Does anyone know how this primer compares to the other elf primers? Is it better, worse or pretty similar?