BY JON FAVREAU #10 in Movies

This hilarious Christmas film tells the tale of a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts on Christmas Eve and is transported back to the North Pole and raised as an elf. Years later Buddy learns he is not really an elf and goes on a journey to New York City to find his true identity.

• Do you watch this every year with your family?6 Answers
  • Is this a good movie I've been wanting to try it out10 Answers
  • Does anyone know if this movie is on Netflix?17 Answers
Becky S.
1,149 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I knew when I was first watching this movie that it would be a hit and a Christmas Classic from then on...at least for me and mine. This movie works on a family level with issues of belief and modern family issues & values. It also hits on a comedic level as Will Ferrel and the rest all collaborate to do an stellar job with each character.
I know it made me believe again.
Francis O.
Hoffman Est, IL
This movie is one of my favorites!!! I watch it all the time around the holidays. Its super hilarious! The soundtrack is a bunch of christmas classic songs and it is just enjoyable all around! If you have not seen this movie please I am begging you to watch it! You WILL NOT be dissapointed.
Kaytlyn H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Can you even get through Christmas without seeing This? It's hilarious and the best Christmas movie to get you in the spirit. I love this and my family and I watch it at least twice during the holidays.
Michelle M.
This is a classic Christmas movie, and it’s great for kids. But sometimes it’s just too much. I know it’s will Ferrell’s brand of comedy but it can be overkill. Zooey deschanel is great in this movie, especially when she sings. It is very heart warming and cute for Christmas.
Olivia W.
Claremont, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you haven’t watched this, im sure you have heard quoted more times than you can count. It’s the most quotable Christmas movie. I really love this movie because it’s a new holiday movie that’s already a classic. Such a unique story, funny for all ages, with a heartfelt story.
Tracy G.
Tallahassee, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is an Amazing Christmas movie! Everyone should watch this. Will and Zoey are great in this. I love everything about this movie! Its great for kids and yet it still keeps us parents entertained. This movie will have you laughing from start to end!
Nicole L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
We watch this as a family every Thanksgiving, and I probably watch it a few more times throughout the holiday season and it never gets old.  To be honest this is probably Will Ferrell's best performance.  I couldn't picture the movie with anyone else.  Zooey Deschannel and James Cann's characters are perfect scrooges to balance out Buddy's over-the-top excitement.  The soundtrack has some great Christmas jams too.
Kate K.
Hagerstown, MD
Elf is seriously the all time best Christmas movie of all time! The actors are amazing! The jokes are so funny for all ages! I could watch it over and over and never get tired of it! Everyone should see Elf at least once
Martha W.
This is a classic Christmas movie everyone must watch! It is very very funny! In the movie, Will Farrell plays Buddy the Elf who was raised by elves and goes off to New York to find his “real” biological father! It is a great movie for kids as well as adults! Highly recommend this movie to everyone!
Amy S.
This is a great family Christmas movie. Will Ferrell does an amazing job as buddy the elf. I saw this in the movie theaters when it first came out. My family and I watch it at least twice at Christmas time. Cute and funny!!
Roseanne A.
Glendale, NY
Does anyone know if this movie is on Netflix?
Nikky R.
Blue Springs, MO
What is your favorite part?
Maria T.
Fort Worth , TX
Is this a good movie I've been wanting to try it out
Jaddey C.
Columbia, SC
I've never seen this movie is it good?
Heather M.
Waco
I have heard funny things about this movie. Is it really as good as everyone says?