BY JON FAVREAU #11 in Movies

This hilarious Christmas film tells the tale of a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts on Christmas Eve and is transported back to the North Pole and raised as an elf. Years later Buddy learns he is not really an elf and goes on a journey to New York City to find his true identity.

• Is this a good movie I've been wanting to try it out10 Answers
  • Does anyone know if this movie is on Netflix?17 Answers
  • Do you watch this every year with your family?2 Answers
Buy on Target*
Frances S.
Frances S.
This is my favorite Christmas movie of all time. I love Will Ferrell as a comedian, and his acting in this movie does him comedic justice. I will watch this movie any time of year, just because it has a year round appeal to it, with more than one prominent story line. Not only is the movie about Santa's elves, but it is also about finding a biological family that may not be accepting of you at first. I feel like a lot of kids and adults can relate to that. Spectacular movie!
Alexia S.
Alexia S.
This will forever be my favorite Christmas movie of all time. I loved this movie since the minute I first saw it. Will Ferrel does such a good job at making you believe the character he is portraying and makes you get in that holiday spirit! I love love love love love it! I know the entire movie word by word lol I have three copies of it, so yes, I do recommend it for everyone! And it's children appropriate, too!!! ❄⛄
Megan J.
Megan J.
I think this is one of the must-see Christmas movies for every generation. Will Ferrel plays an Elf named Buddy who leaves the North Pole to go find his real father. It is packed with humor and is family friendly. Not to mention Zooey Deschanel plays a part in the movie and I just love her!
Julia P.
Julia P.
Sheffield Lk, OH
I remember I watched this movie right after thanksgiving this year. If Will wasn't the one who played Buddy, it wouldn't be as good as a movie. My favorite line is "Bye buddy, hope you find your dad." It was hard to just pick one because this movie is a classic for me and so so hilarious.
Kristin B.
Kristin B.
Grove City, PA
This is my Christmas movie every year buddy the elf how can I help you .. buddy the elf whats your favorite color? I could watch this throughout the year as well it just so happens to only be on during Christmas and I don't own the movie. it would make for a great family Christmas movie.
Stacey L.
Stacey L.
I watched this for the first time ever this past Christmas. It is one of my husbands favorite Christmas movies, and we finally had a chance to sit down and watch it. Now I understand why so many love this movie and it is going to be part of our permanent Christmas collection from now on.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Who says this movie only needs to be watched during Christmas time? While I will say that's a requirement at our house come close to the holiday, our boys still like to watch this at any time of the year. It's funny, it's appropriate, it's encouraging, has a good message. We love it.
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
I can watch this over and over and over. "Thats Santa! I know him!" Lmao Will Ferrell big a** sitting in papa elfs lap, i just cant help it, I laugh all through this movie. This is a straight comedy for all ages. His spaghetti, syrup, and m&m's are pretty dang famous to this day lol.
Andleeb C.
Andleeb C.
Piscataway, NJ
This movie is a must watch when the holidays come around. Its funny and suitable for any age group so the WHOLE family can not only "watch" it but also watch and ENJOY watching it. It never gets old and it is a good present to give someone, if they don't have it already of course.
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Eastlake, OH
This movie is so funny we turn it on as background noise while we are working even outside of the holiday season. It is great for year round. Will Ferrel is funny as always bringing a bumbling goofy elf to life while trying to strike up a relationship with his estranged father.
Roseanne A.
Roseanne A.
Glendale, NY
Does anyone know if this movie is on Netflix?
Nikky R.
Nikky R.
Buckner, MO
What is your favorite part?
Maria T.
Maria T.
Is this a good movie I've been wanting to try it out
Jaddey C.
Jaddey C.
I've never seen this movie is it good?
Heather M.
Heather M.
Waco
I have heard funny things about this movie. Is it really as good as everyone says?