BY ELEKTRA ENTERTAINMENT

Personnel includes: Jason Mraz (vocals, acoustic guitar); Michael Andrews (acoustic, electric & slide guitars, banjo, ukulele); John Alagia (electric guitar, Wurlitzer piano, Hammond B-3 organ, percussion); Alex McCallum (electric guitar); Greg Kurstin (electric piano, Clavinet, Fender Rhodes piano, organ, synthesizer); Shane Endsley (trumpet); Stewart Myers (bass); Brian Jones (drums); Toca Rivera (background vocals).Personnel: Jason Mraz (vocals, acoustic guitar, background vocals); Michael Andrews (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, lap steel guitar, banjo, ukulele, celesta, Mellotron); John Alagia (electric guitar, Wurlitzer organ, shaker, tambourine); Ben Wendel (saxophone); Shane Endsley (trumpet); Scot Ray (trombone); Greg Kurstin (piano, electric piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Clavinet, organ, synthesizer); Hesta Prynn (background vocals).Audio Mixers: Jeff Juliano; John Alagia. Recording information: Dragonfly Studios, Haymarket, CA; The Crabtrap, Easton, MD. Photographer: Alison Dyer. Although young Jason Mraz's percussive acoustic guitar rhythms, tumbling verbiage, and funk/folk/jazz/pop concoctions may occasionally bear echoes of John Mayer and Dave Matthews, that's only one part of a bigger musical story as realized on the singer-songwriter's debut album WAITING FOR MY ROCKET TO COME. "Absolutely Zero," for instance, is a sophisticated, atmospheric ballad that bears echoes of Jeff Buckley and Coldplay. With its sunny horns, wah-wah guitar, and bouncy groove, "No Stopping Us" sounds like a lost '70s AM pop classic. "I'll Do Anything" alternates a rock chorus with a percolating reggae feel on the verses. And while the aforementioned Mayer and Matthews are admittedly predisposed toward a somewhat mumbling vocal style, Mraz sports a strong, bright voice loaded with both range and personality, making it that much easier for him to glide from style to style throughout the album. see more...

• Where sis you purchase this? Is it on iTunes?2 Answers
  • What is everyone's favorite album??9 Answers
Buy on Target
  • "The Remedy is one of my favorite songs from this album, it has a chill but upbeat sound that is really great at cheering you up! " in 1 review
  • "Every modern Jason Mraz must go back and listen to this album." in 1 review
  • "I would highly recommend it!" in 1 review
Stephanie B.
Wood River Jt, RI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love Jason Mraz's earlier stuff. This album was, in my opinion, his best by far. There isn't a song on this album that I don't enjoy!
Gabi B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
By far one of the most talented musicians out there. this album was one of my favorite and I can always jam out to any of these songs.
Catt G.
Fort Mill, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I completely forgot that this CD even existed I was probably about 8 when it came out but I like those two songs that were famous
Dahlia L.
Ottawa, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
One of my all time favorite albums! Every song on here you can't help but sing along to! Old school Mraz at his absolute finest!
Veronica P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This album is so good! Jason has that strong bright voice that has personality in it also. I like to listen to his songs often.
Destiny  W.
Theodore, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm a huge Jason mraz fan! He is probably one of the most talented songwriters out there. So catchy and his voice is amazing!
Amanda G.
Marlborough, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Pretty good album by Hamic to be better he has better stuff out there but this is a pretty good reminiscing album of the 90s
Abbie K.
Alpena, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This album is awesome. His voice is so unique. My favorite song on here is You and I, it's so realistic and relateable
Elina L.
I love jason mraz great lyrics and i love this album makes me very happy! this is one of his best albums in my opinion.
Jillian M.
Apple Valley, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Amazing vocals and songwriting and an excellent artist. I love his music and own all of his albums.
Crystal N.
Valley Stream, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
What is everyone's favorite album??
Jillian M.
Apple Valley, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where sis you purchase this? Is it on iTunes?