BY ELEKTRA ENTERTAINMENT

Personnel includes: Jason Mraz (vocals, acoustic guitar); Michael Andrews (acoustic, electric & slide guitars, banjo, ukulele); John Alagia (electric guitar, Wurlitzer piano, Hammond B-3 organ, percussion); Alex McCallum (electric guitar); Greg Kurstin (electric piano, Clavinet, Fender Rhodes piano, organ, synthesizer); Shane Endsley (trumpet); Stewart Myers (bass); Brian Jones (drums); Toca Rivera (background vocals).Personnel: Jason Mraz (vocals, acoustic guitar, background vocals); Michael Andrews (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, lap steel guitar, banjo, ukulele, celesta, Mellotron); John Alagia (electric guitar, Wurlitzer organ, shaker, tambourine); Ben Wendel (saxophone); Shane Endsley (trumpet); Scot Ray (trombone); Greg Kurstin (piano, electric piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Clavinet, organ, synthesizer); Hesta Prynn (background vocals).Audio Mixers: Jeff Juliano; John Alagia. Recording information: Dragonfly Studios, Haymarket, CA; The Crabtrap, Easton, MD. Photographer: Alison Dyer. Although young Jason Mraz's percussive acoustic guitar rhythms, tumbling verbiage, and funk/folk/jazz/pop concoctions may occasionally bear echoes of John Mayer and Dave Matthews, that's only one part of a bigger musical story as realized on the singer-songwriter's debut album WAITING FOR MY ROCKET TO COME. "Absolutely Zero," for instance, is a sophisticated, atmospheric ballad that bears echoes of Jeff Buckley and Coldplay. With its sunny horns, wah-wah guitar, and bouncy groove, "No Stopping Us" sounds like a lost '70s AM pop classic. "I'll Do Anything" alternates a rock chorus with a percolating reggae feel on the verses. And while the aforementioned Mayer and Matthews are admittedly predisposed toward a somewhat mumbling vocal style, Mraz sports a strong, bright voice loaded with both range and personality, making it that much easier for him to glide from style to style throughout the album. see more...

• Where sis you purchase this? Is it on iTunes?2 Answers
  • What is everyone's favorite album??9 Answers
Buy on Target
  • "The Remedy is one of my favorite songs from this album, it has a chill but upbeat sound that is really great at cheering you up! " in 1 review
  • "Every modern Jason Mraz must go back and listen to this album." in 1 review
  • "I would highly recommend it!" in 1 review
Priscilla P.
Margate, FL
I love the songs Too Much Food and The Remedy from this album. I listen to a lot of his stuff and would recommend it to anyone who's into artist like Gavin DeGraw and Chris Isaak
bailey g.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I sure do miss the older stylings of Jason Mraz. Such a great voice with great deepful meaning coming through in his music. I can always sing along to his songs. If you haven't heard his music, definitely check out this album!
Clarisse T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I miss his music, makes ma want to listen to him right now. where did he go. anyway, i used to always listen to this style type of music. music is different now.
Jaycy N.
Clay
Jason Mraz is great in concert. this cd is one of his best. I love the song the remedy. his lyrics are phenomenal and great. his vocals are the very best I love them and hernia a must listen! listen to him
Danielle G.
Darby, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Jason was so fresh and authentic with this album as he has been in future ones. His play on words and harmonies are so cool and original. Every modern Jason Mraz must go back and listen to this album.
Jazmin R.
Morgantown, Ky
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Jason Mraz never disappoints. His blend of soulful lyrics and mellow melodies make this one of my go to albums when I'm needing to unwind and relax. I would highly recommend this album to anyone!
Crystal N.
Valley Stream, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm a dedicated Jason mraz fan and I love this album. I'm all about his old music. It's upbeat and catchy. I could listen to this album all day! I would highly recommend it!
Kira M.
Fort Collins, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My favorite album for as long as I can remember. This is definitely my favorite Jason Mraz album. I really miss his older stuff, the music is so good for cheering you up!
Allyson N.
woodbridge, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this cd. Mraz is a true poet. I love how he can go from a upbeat love song to heart breaking ballad in this album and still feel as sorts of emotions
Ariel W.
Apple Valley, CA
Oh the nostalgia of this album! I loved this record as a kid and still listen to Mraz when I'm feeling down and need a lift me up! Just good music!
Crystal N.
Valley Stream, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
What is everyone's favorite album??
Jillian M.
Apple Valley, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where sis you purchase this? Is it on iTunes?