BY ELECTRONIC ARTS #1 in PC & Mac Games

• Do you remember to feed your characters?8 Answers
  • Which is your favorite cheat code? rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!...54 Answers
Ashley a.
Brooklyn, NY
OMG this brings back so many memories to see where Sims came from and to where it is now. Me and my sister use to play this game FAITHFULLY! This and the Sims 2 is by far the best one. Sims 4 is also a good one too.
Lisa R.
Green Lane, PA
Since the days of Sim City, I have been an avid fan of all of the Sims games. I love being able to make my own crazy life situations come true on the screen as I work my way to that dream mansion with all of the fixings. The Sims 3 was full of great features, but the game did leave me a little disappointed. What I didn't care for about the game was the limited number of hairstyles, outfits, home decor, and building products you were allowed for free, while many others cost actual money. I thought that when I shelled out $35 for the game, I was paying for the game...not that I would only be buying the bare-bones version while having to spend more money later on to personalize my home and my Sims. Also, these add-ons aren't necessarily cheap either, and with a few add-ons I could afford to buy the game a second time. Aside from that the game play is fun, and I hope that they make the game a bit more inclusive for the next installment.
Suzanne Y.
Lake Butler, FL
I started with the original Sims, Sims 1, if you'd like. Lets see, that was back in1999 or 2000? The the Sims 2 came out, and my daughter started playing. our favorite was Making Magic. Then Sims 3 came out , I liked those too, but some of the games would not work on our computer because of the graphics card we had..... so we bought a newer computer.
I have heard that they have a Sims 4, but I am happy with the Sims 3 for now. I know if I get the newest ones, we will need another computer lol.
Theses games have need the healthiest form of stress relief for me. You can cause total mayhem, or have 5 babies with 5 different fathers (or mothers). You can get hitched and divorced. Buy a house & , go on Vacation to France!!! You can spend millions and use a cheat code to ''earn'' those millions. (without being arrested!)
You can be a Dr, a burglar, and a chef all in one lifetime if you wish!! You can be bad, or good.
Be who and what you want.
Cassie N.
['Jim Falls', ''], WI
I love these games so much and they really have evolved over the years while keeping all the things I originally loved about them. There's so much to do, make babies, have a career, be a bachelor, mad scientist, crazy cat lady, ect. You can kill Sims in a large variety of interesting ways. Use cheats for unlimited everything or no cheats and give yourself a challenge. They have characters in the game already that you can play with or to be friends or lovers with your Sims. Your Sims can go into down and go shopping, fishing, tons of fun things, and you can switch between families anytime you want. You can also change how fast your Sims age. Overall, it's a great really fun game that can be played at any age.
Monica G.
Bronx, NY
Gamer Expert Level 1
So the sims is one of those games that you binge for days at a time and then forget about it for months or years and still come back to it. A classic game that never fails to entertain. I 100% recommend it to all.
Stephanie G.
Louisville, KY
I have grown up with the Sims. My mom bought my sister and I the first Sims when it came out for Christmas, I bought the 2nd and 3rd ones when they came out along with a good deal of expansion packs. I am planning on buying the Sims 4 as well.
This is a game that I can get lost in for hours. There's constantly something to do. One of my favorite things to do is challenges. Challenges are posted online and can range anywhere from the legacy challenge to insane asylum challenge. I also love building houses, recently I've started the tiny town challenge, which is to build all houses in the town on 10x10 lots.
This game is very well developed and is constantly expanding, I would recommend it to anyone.
Emily S.
Grapevine, TX
I started playing The Sims when I was 10 (2005) and it has no doubt changed my life. I would play for hours and hours and hours and still not tire of it. After moving and getting new computers, etc., I think I've bought The Sims plus all of the expansion packs at least three times (this is just for The Sims Original). Actually, this first one is the only one that works on my laptop (besides The Sims 4, but I don't have time to buy that one yet). The best part about The Sims franchise is that each new game (i.e. Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4) is so different besides the very basic idea. But for this game, I absolutely love the Makin' Magic expansion pack. It's probably the main reason I still play the original version (Sims 1), because there's nothing quite like it in any later versions. I absolutely adore The Sims in (almost) every version (still getting used to The Sims 4) with every expansion pack they come out with.
Jasmine f.

Oh how The Sim's brings back many memories of burning pixelated people alive and making my husband fall in love with the maid. Truly a brutal game if you ask me. Brutally fun that's for sure. This game truly revolutionized the entire idea behind controlling not only your character but also every aspect of their lives. Games like Fable or Grand Theft Auto attempt to give you a real life feel much like The Sims but don't come close to the reality and feeling put into realistic human interaction, so much like The Sim's do. It's like the modern version of playing house, only much more complex. The Sim's have an extremely wide range of games available on multiple platforms and for this already it deserves very big and bright gold star. I could never say enough about this game because it's constantly changing and getting better with the years, and it gets more realistic every time I play it. It's truly the most lovable and engaging simulator game, ever. Period
Katie C.
The Sims is my favorite game, I own just about every Sims game released in the US (minus one or two). The Sims was originally developed by Maxis in 2000 and you can tell by the graphics. After The Sims and the 8 expansions was the stepping stone for ideas Sims 2 and Sims 3 and soon to be Sims 4. The Sims unleashed became the idea for Sims Pets. In 2002 Maxis developed The Sims Online, which was based off of this game. If you have played any of the newer Sims games Sims 2, or Sims 3 and you haven't played The Sims I highly recommended playing the game that started it all. The Sims (original) will always have a place in my heart, no matter how many games have come out after.
Eleanore J.
Haines City, FL
I have been playing this game since it came out years ago. I have The Sims 1, 2, 3, and all of the expansion packs! You think real life is exhausting? Try running the lives of several people at once! This is a great time management game but it ironically does not help with real life time management. Once you start playing hours can go by and you realize that your Sims have cleaned their house, eaten dinner, showered, and are now in bed while your house is a disaster, you haven't eaten or showered, and you have to get up for work in 2 hours! I started playing this game when I was in college and well, you can guess how well that went. This is a classic game that I find myself returning to (the older versions) and still playing (the latest version). This series is so widely available now. It was once only for the PC but now can be played on the Mac and all of the home gaming consoles.
Africa S.
Jacksonville, NC
Patricia C.
Pinckney, MI
Is this worth playing?
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
What's the best expansion?
Samantha T.
Which is your favorite cheat code? rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;! all the way!
Olimpia H.
Haines City, FL
Do you like making your character look like you or random? lol