BY ELECTRONIC ARTS #1 in PC & Mac Games

• Do you remember to feed your characters?8 Answers
  • Which is your favorite cheat code? rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!...54 Answers
Lisa E.
Rutherford, NJ
Ive been playing The Sims since it first came out...ive gone through literally every expansion pack in The Sims, followed it up with The Sims 2, and now am an avid The Sims 3 player...i think everyone gets a thrill by being able to "play God" for just a little while. Plus, the actual Sims are hilarious. Their language is hysterical (i had a dream last week that i was at the mall walking around speaking Sim language) and some of them are just really incredibly stupid that you cant help but laugh. Like the ones that just stand there and yell at the fire that is consuming their stove, then wind up dying.....Anyway, i would absolutely recommend these games to anyone probably over the age of 13 (what with all the WooHoo-ing that goes on ;) )
Aj J.
Riverside, CA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Who doesn't like the Sims? I like every installment and that are all very fun to play. My favorite part though is building the house so the "caching" cheat always comes in handy.
Suzi H.
San Jose, CA
When I was in high school and early college, I found "The Sims" to be the most addictive game on the planet. Whole days would slip by as I controlled digital versions of my friends and family, designing houses for them and helping them develop amazing careers...or coming up with new, creative ways to make them suffer.

It's an expensive hobby, because it seems like a new expansion pack comes out every few months, and there are endless downloads available online. There are also console games and spin-off games with different quests and storylines. Once you get sucked into the world of the Sims, it's nearly impossible to get out again unless you cut yourself off cold turkey...which is what I eventually had to do.
Jonathan L.
Nacogdoches, TX
A great casual game that has fans from many different demographics and really crosses the gender lines when it comes to who likes EA's SIMS games. There's nothing more addicting then being able to fully customize a home that your imaginary family will live in. Customization is the main stay of this game with extensive options and activities. A great game that's easy to pick up but can become much more advanced as the player gets better with interacting with the game. The game line-up itself modulates itself into different flavors, otherwise known as expansions. Everything from seasonal themed expansions to lifestyle themed expansions that allow the consumer to really pick and choose what sounds more fun to them.
Elizabeth B.
Santa Ana, CA
The Sims is one of those games easy to play for hours and get lost in it. It's a classic now that there's The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and soon The Sims 4. It's incredibly fun to play and the great thing about a game like The Sims (1, 2, 3, and 4) is that it appeals to different types of players. You don't have to become a Sim God, you can play it to build houses, decorate houses, there are many different things you can do! Expansion packs add tons of new and fun features to mess around with. I'd say the best thing about The Sims (and the following series) is the community. There are a ton of The Sims players out there that create content (such as furniture, decor, skins, etc...) that other players can download and install into their game.
Lina -.
I really wanted to like this game because I consider myself more of a casual gamer. I bought the humble bundle that included Sims 3 and was excited to try it out because I had been wanting to play this game because it seemed like something I would normally like. I found it so boring to the point I felt I had to push myself to keep playing in hopes that the game would get better. The game was a bit hectic and I found myself fast-forwarding pretty much everything. This is when I realized the game wasn't for me. In my case, it basically felt like I was just telling the little person to do things and then fast-forwarding until they've finished which seemed dull and uneventful.

If you enjoy games like Farmville on Facebook and can stick with it, then maybe this game is something that you'll enjoy. Who knows, maybe I didn't give this game much of a chance but I can't get myself to even want to open the game.
Tiffany L.
Monclova, OH
This was one of the first games I ever became addicted to. I really don't understand why the game is so addicting... it just is. I enjoy going online and watching or reading stories that other players have made, and I really enjoy trying to make my own stories. I love ALL the sims games that have come out, from the first and all its expansions through to the 3rd and all of its expansions. When I was younger, I even used my after school job paycheck to pay for my computer to get more room and ram so it could hold all the Sims games. I just love playing, and writing this review is making me want to play it! But unfortunately it is packed away until we move into the new apartment *stupid stupid stupid!* haha
Tiffaney C.
Jefferson Hls, PA
I have played the Sims 1 - Sims 3. My favorite is the Sims 3. There are so many expansion packs that offer hours of entertainment. I like Supernatural and Pets the best. The graphics in the Sims 3 are really good and it is easy to make sims and build houses. One problem that I have found is that the game can be glitchy and lag. For example, when I got the Island Paradise expansion, I had to search the web to find a way to make my game less laggy even though it was running on a new gaming laptop. I found that I had to delete several of the houses to make my game run more smoothly. Sometime the game crashes for no reason at all so I make sure to save all the time. Despite this, I still like the game.
Justin E.
Fort Laramie, WY
Honestly, EA sort of nickle and dimes everyone with each new installment to the series with a ludicrous amount of "expansions"...when in reality, some of the so called expansions contain very little data and content. I think there's currently like 17 expansions available.

In all reality, you could condense that stuff down to, I'd say, 3 very solid DLCs. That would produce such amazing value, but, given the fact EA even bundles the Mass Effect series and doesn't even give you all the DLC, is a joke by itself and speaks volumes about the EA agenda.

Overall though, the Sims (3) is pretty solid, has some quirky bugs to it, but they've really overhauled a ton since the first games, that's for sure. It's usually pretty fun, at least for a little bit, but after a while, I find I've spent more time designing my dream house (which isn't a bad thing) than I do actually playing the game itself.
Lycaness ..
Gamer Expert Level 2
I've played sims probably since the beginning, I love being able to build homes, cities, have my family and friends in the places that I build, and being able to personalize a character. Would recommend to anyone who likes being able to create characters, and design homes. I play the sims Freeplay on my android as of late. It does not include every detail as the console/pc versions do. But I enjoy it when I'm on the go.
Africa S.
Jacksonville, NC
Patricia C.
Pinckney, MI
Is this worth playing?
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
What's the best expansion?
Samantha T.
Which is your favorite cheat code? rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;! all the way!
Olimpia H.
Haines City, FL
Do you like making your character look like you or random? lol