BY ELECTRONIC ARTS #1 in PC & Mac Games

• Anybody else a nerd and plays the original sims!? Electr...5 Answers
  • Do you remember to feed your characters?8 Answers
  • Which is your favorite cheat code? rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!...54 Answers
Katie C.
The Sims is my favorite game, I own just about every Sims game released in the US (minus one or two). The Sims was originally developed by Maxis in 2000 and you can tell by the graphics. After The Sims and the 8 expansions was the stepping stone for ideas Sims 2 and Sims 3 and soon to be Sims 4. The Sims unleashed became the idea for Sims Pets. In 2002 Maxis developed The Sims Online, which was based off of this game. If you have played any of the newer Sims games Sims 2, or Sims 3 and you haven't played The Sims I highly recommended playing the game that started it all. The Sims (original) will always have a place in my heart, no matter how many games have come out after.
Tiffany T.
Wickliffe, OH
Gamer Expert Level 1
I love playing the sims games on my laptop. They are such a relaxing game to play as I'm just going through the games on my laptop. I think everyone should try the game at least once. I would recommend!
Belle B.
Matheny , WV
Gamer Expert Level 1
I mean obviously things get better with time so the newer ones are way better. But this game was a blast when I was a kid! I loved how you could find cheat codes online and all the other stuff you could find.
Amanda F.
Atlanta, GA
I loved The Sims' first two franchises: The Sims and The Sims 2. Their expansion packs were muli-faceted and provided me with hours of entertainment at a time. I really couldn't get enough!

When The Sims 3 was released, I thought I would be hooked, but nothing ever turns out as you'd expect. I ended up purchasing overpriced games that kept trying to pull me in to purchase more and more add-ons that I wasn't even remotely interested in. Content and creativity suffered.

Now, when I ought to be excited for The Sims 4 this fall, I'm just dreading it. What are they going to do now, make it so you always have to be online? Upgrade your hard drive and graphics card just to run it? Or will I just be stuck placing my sims in potato sacks because I don't want to pay for clothing?

I used to be one of EA's biggest supporters, but now I'm just a skeptic.
Gabriela C.
North Bergen, NJ
I will never forget the first time I played the Sims. I was at my best friend's house and he showed it to me (the Original Sims game). He explained it to me and then we had fun messing around with the character - I believe he died that day lol. I was hooked and became a Sims fanatic, I owned all the expansions for the Original game. The same with Sims 2. Lately I haven't been able to play the Sims as often but I still love it <~~~ lifetime player here. The pros to the game are endless, there is something for everyone whether you want to play god, decorate, build houses, make families (or destroy them) - countless hours of fun. The only real con is that there are SOOOOO many expansions. You can go broke buying them all! I wish they would just do patches or updates and add new items periodically. That is just wishful thinking though.
Sylvia S.
It's so easy to lose track of time when you play this game. It can get really addictive and there are a lot of aspects of it that make it seem like a new game each time you play. The expansion packs are usually pretty good and make the game more fun, but some of them make the game laggy (cough - Island Paradise). I really enjoy building the house and decorating it. So fun!!! Now that I have a baby, though, it's pretty tough to find time to play this game. However, it beats trying to play other games like mmos or other team games that demand your full attention for an indeterminate amount of time. At least with The Sims 3 you can pause the game if the baby wakes up and you won't ruin the game for other people. This is a great game and I would highly recommend it if you're looking for some stress-free fun and you have a lot of time to burn.
Jennifer S.
Los Angeles, CA
The Sandbox style games in the Sims universe are absolutely fantastic. The ability to create and control every part of your environment will vaporize hours upon hours. If you can dream it, you can build it in Sims.

Kids and adults alike will love the game. In fact, there are some interesting mods available for adult players.. and I don't just mean the importable skins and outfits that you can get on the Sims site for free.

For those that are familiar with the regular versions of Sims, I also encourage you to try out Medieval. It is a stand alone version of the Sims (not an expansion) that follows more of a quest style system. While you are still in control of your Sims actions and desires, Medieval pushes you to complete specific goals to advance your character. Still the same customizable content but in a more structured format.
Rachel R.
Cincinnati, OH
This is a great "alternate reality" game that is good for killing a few hours lol.

This game as well is better played on a PC than a tablet. I think its more fun to build an decorate a house than to make the sims do things. But what person hasn't felt that way honestly? The downside is it can take a while to build up in game cahs (simoleons) to get the awesome house, unless you have a cheat code, or are playing in sandbox mode, which isn't as fun. The expansion packs also cost almost as much as the game itself, which is a huge bummer.

But all in all, its a fun time waster, and lets you dream a little bit.
Cassidy T.
This is the OG of the Sims! I always loved playing this when I was younger. I would definitely recommend if you have a lot of time on your hands because it's so easy to get lost in the game!
Jackie F.
Oswego, IL
The sims has been my favorite game ever since it first came out. Time moves differently when playing the sims, there have been times when I've played 23 hours straight without even noticing... or eating. One issue is obviously the expense of all the expansions, and a major issue is when those expansions DON'T WORK PROPERLY. I remember back in Sims 1, pets, when my game overloaded on bunnies and lagged so badly I couldn't even cheat to delete them all. And in Sims 3, when my sims can't even go to university or world adventures without something going wrong in the process. Even worse, World Adventures came out first with that problem, and instead of fixing it, they USED THE SAME method for University. That's why this is a B. Expansions cost money and should work properly. But overall this is a great game.
Africa S.
Jacksonville, NC
Patricia C.
Pinckney, MI
Is this worth playing?
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
What's the best expansion?
Samantha T.
Which is your favorite cheat code? rosebud ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;! all the way!
Olimpia H.
Haines City, FL
Do you like making your character look like you or random? lol