BY ELECTRONIC ARTS #90 in PC & Mac Games

Find video games at Target.com! "Experience Dragon Age 2, the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now. see more...

Buy on Target
Deborah S.
This game is different from DAI and DAO in that you must play as a human character named Hawke. You can, however, still choose what class as gender you wish to play as and can personalize the character’s appearance. This game was criticized by some who did not care for the change from Origins but this is really a great game with an excellent and interesting storyline. I came to really like Hawke as well. Give it a shot! The game is beginning to show it’s age but it is still worthwhile and fun!
Abby S.
Gamer Expert Level 2
The Dragon Age series is one of my favorites and I enjoyed DA:2 very much. I recommend playing Origins first for the lore and experience. The story is good and I really enjoy the magical combat. The visuals are lovely and storytelling is great! It got a lot of heat for re-using maps a lot, but it fits in with the story, so that didn't bother me. I really like the characters and how you can build your relationships with them. It's fun to make decisions in the game and see how your decisions affect the ending/world, too.
Maria A.
Clearwater, FL
I. Love. This. Series. I actually played this one before Origins, and I fell in love. The world is big (not as big as DAO or Inquisition), you fall in love with the characters as they all have unique backgrounds and stories. Sometimes it is hard to pick who you want on your team. Decisions you make affect how people talk to you or treat you, which is great because you really are part of the story. Really frustrating though when you lose one of your favorite characters (as in you can never have them back) because of dumb decisions. But such is life. XD
Melissa B.
Fairfield, ME
While the plot of the game is a little less "choose your own adventure" and you can't really customize your character, I really enjoyed this game. once I got used to the different controls, I found I enjoyed playing each class, and the character interactions were awesome (and hilarious). I enjoyed DA2 so much I've downloaded expansions to prolong the gameplay.
Gina C.
While falling just short of the first game in the series, this one is definitely worth a playthrough if only for the story/lore of the amazing world Bioware has formed over the years. Would recommend playing Origins first, but putting at least one playthrough of Dragon Age II before moving on to Inquisition.
Kitty S.
This game gets a lot of negativity for not living up to the expectations of the first one. While I admit that the gameplay is somewhat limited as there's a lot of reoccurring game maps, the story of this game is phenomenal. If you're looking for a game to get immersed in the story, then I highly recommend this or any of the games in this series. The character interactions feel so genuine and the graphics are also beautiful.
Kate N.
Yes, it's not as good as the first Dragon Age. That being said, this game has a massive amount of re-playability because of the story, what you can do with your character, and the classic good\evil character choices. I still recommend playing it because it's a great game even if it disappoints slightly when compared to the first one.
The graphics on the game aren't bad but the gameplay isn't smooth and its a little jumpy
Abby-Leigh S.
Sheffield
Madly in Love with game! By far my favourite out of the franchise! It as the best story, the best characters, the best plot twists, and the best quests! I love the fenris and hawke route in particular for this game, it was just too beautiful to watch and play through, the voice actor of fenris deserves an award! I literally had to search up every game with him in just to gear his voice again xD hahahaha sad I know right.....
Cleia M.
I did enjoy playing this game, but I did miss the open world concept for DAO. In DA2 you are in a city which has many different areas to quest in and a few outlying regions on your map but it is not on as grand a scale as DAO. I did like the character dynamics in this game, but I felt like I missed the character interaction options in the original. In DA2 there are only certain times during each chapter where you can have unique conversations with your companions. I guess this does make it more realistic though, as this game is supposed to have a longer passage of time and they wanted to reflect that yes, the characters have lives aside from Hawke.
The skill tree was a little different, but really amounted to the same thing. Overall I was happy with the game play. I found the story intriguing, and I loved that each companion could be your rival or your friend depending on the choices you make. This added another dynamic to interactions, as you could really see Hawke's responses changing the way people perceived you.
The story line was interesting, told in flashback snapshots from Varric's perspective and you could really see if you had made a friend or an enemy of him in his telling of your story. I would recommend this, just don't go expecting another Dragon age origins.