BY ST. MARTINS PRESS

Bono met his wife in high school, Park says. So did Jerry Lee Lewis, Eleanor answers. I m not kidding, he says. You should be, she says, we re 16. What about Romeo and Juliet? Shallow, confused, then dead. I love you, Park says. Wherefore art thou, Eleanor answers. I m not kidding, he says. You should be. Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this is the story of two star-crossed misfits smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you ll remember your own first love and just how hard it pulled you under. see more...

Buy on Walmart*
alyssa m.
Glen Allen, VA
I read this book over the summer and once I started, I couldn’t put it down. I got so interested in it and it was so good. The ending made me sad and I really wished I would’ve seen them be together again but still it is definitely one of my favorite books and I definitely will be reading more of Rainbow Rowell’s books.
Kayla W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I was lucky enough to find a signed copy of this at Target. This book was so cute! It made me go back to the days of high school and first loves. I wish there was a way Rainbow Rowell would write a sequel because there needs to be more. It can't end there!!! I laughed, cried, and swooned. It was so sweet!
Lisa G.
I loved this book! Warning: the subject matter is extremely heavy emotionally. The way Rainbow Rowell describes domestic abuse is hard to swallow. My sister read it freshman year of high school and I think maybe she was too young to fully grasp all the awful details. Especially with the abuse narrative competing in a sense with the love story. But Rowell’s work is something I would definitely recommend to others!
Jacqueline b.
California
Eleanor & Park was a beautiful story about two teenagers that fell in love together, this is the first time I ever read from this author.But, the author was creative and good with the story plot, my favorite character is Eleanor for the way she handles things at home.
Makayla T.
Boiling Spgs, SC
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Saw a quote for this book one day and immediately went and bouggt the book the next day finished it in two days! I even got to meet Rainbow this year she is so nice! This book was full of awkwardness of being a teenager and describes young love perfectly. I related to Eleanor alot because our mom's are very similar, and also her home life. I loved how Eleanor and Park bonded over comics and music and since this is set with cell phones weren't available so we expand beyond text messages and goodnight calls. Eleanor is a very closed up peraon I get that I am too, Park has always been different with his looks and then the eyeliner phase... which no one should have a problem with. I really hope Rainbow ge ts a chance to write about Eleanor and Park again even if they are in their 30's I'd read anything of hers! The ending was sad be great and I loved the dual point of view!
Ana R.
My favorite book. Ever. I have read many, many books, I love to read, but I never can reread a book, because I hate knowing what's going to happen next or how it's going to end. I've read Eleanor and Park at least ten times over the span of five years. It's one of the few books I've actually purchased to keep (I usually just borrow from the library). The story just pulls you in, and it's always an unexpected rollercoaster. The romance (though I usually hate romantic books) is absolutely stunningly well written. I would absolutely a million percent recommend this book to absolutely anyone. The characters were phenomenal and dynamic, the plot is engaging. I truly love this book.
Jill S.
Buffalo, NY
This is my favourite book ever. I highly highly recommend this. It made me feel so many emotions. The story line is great and always had me wondering what was next. I've read ever book this author has out and they're all amazing as well. Rainbow is a phenomenal writer and her books never fail to surprise me. I'd rate this book a thousand stars if I could. The ending left me speechless and in tears. Please read this
Cassie D.
Wow. I finished this book in 2 days because I just could not put it down. It's a slice of life about young love. The author does a great job of making the characters speak to you, to reach deep within you and lets you connect with these people you've never met and know don't exist. I'm 25 and this book made me remember the good and the bad of first loves. This is a must read for everyone.
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
This is one of the absolute sweetest and romantic novels I've read...and I've read a lot. I love that the storyline is not conventional. It focuses on characters that usually aren't the focus of a novel or movie in a romantic setting. They're not popular, they're not conventionally attractive, they don't have the perfect life, but they still find love and the best in each other. It was so refreshing and joyful to read this book, and I truly recommend it to everyone.
Angela J.
I did enjoy this book. I liked the way it switched between perspectives and I really liked that it showed how first impressions aren't always what they seem to be. That being said, I wasn't thrilled with the ending.  I definitely understand why critics raved about this book, the young love in it is palpable and it certainly makes you remember all of those moments and feelings.  It's still a book I would recommend.
Ashley B.
La Quinta, CA
When does the movie come out?
Chelsea C.
Westfield, IN
Does Rainbow Rowell just not believe in paperback books? This has been out for years and is still only published in hardback.
lindsay f.
I'm usually not a YA fan, however i have read from rainbow rowell before and enjoyed her writing, is this one worth a shot even though it's not my favourite genre?
Victoria F.