El Jimador Blanco Tequila uploaded by blanca j.El Jimador Blanco Tequila uploaded by Corinne T.

BY EL JIMADOR #37 in Tequila

The name el Jimador honors the men who harvest the locally grown agave. It is their way of life. It is their passion. And we honor these men by taking the utmost of care at every step in crafting the finest tequilas the world can experience. Tequila el Jimador 100% Agave is the #1 tequila in Mexico, a testament to its high quality and authenticity.

• What's your favorite margarita recipe using El Jimador?5 Answers
dam m.
dam m.
Santa Clarita, CA
I have seen El Jimador at my local liquor store and always pass it up for its bland look, thinking it might be okay as a mixer... Boy was I wrong. Decided to try a shot of the reposado at a local tequila bar Aug 2012. Had it shaken on ice first, then poured into a glass and served neat (I like to get a taste of tequila both chilled and room temp). Had a nice aroma and taste right out of the gate, with a very natural and enjoyable palate right on through to the finish, where it went down smooth and somewhat short. This tequila pretty much had it all: Agave-check. Sweetness-check. Spice-check. As it gained a little temperature, it still didn't dissapoint. It is a very solid reposado at a price that cannot be beat, although I think with a better looking bottle, they might justify a little higher price. It would get more people to look and try it I think. It's a jewel in disguise.
Kimberly R.
Kimberly R.
Richmond, TX
El Jimador is the tequila I keep stocked in my home bar. It is made by Herradurra, who were producing 100% blue agave tequila decades before the ultra-premiums ever hit the market. For a period of about 30 years they were the only 100% agave tequila available in the U.S. Today the main Herradurra brand runs around $50 a bottle, but El Jimador, made by the same company, with the same ingredients, and with the same stills, is available for about $20. It is also the #1 brand of tequila in Mexico. If you want a fancy bottle -- buy a decanter.
Ariel M.
Ariel M.
I could never afford 100% agave tequila and recently splurged when ElJimador was on sale at my local grocery store for $14. Now I am hooked! I absolutely love this tequila. It is nice and smooth and has a nice woody flavor. I have tried the blanco also but much prefer the reposado. Also, I noticed that the previous reviews stated that it is not 100% agave. That may have been true in the past, but it is now. It says it right on the label.
Tequila reposado is my favorite. I like to mix it with pineapple juice, squirt, or ginger ale. I like the taste of tequila and not fancy cocktails, this is my go to brand of choice above anything else. Where I grew up, I came to appreciate the taste, smell and trust that Jimador produces among the best tequilas. Other brands are overrated and overpriced. As far as for the silver it is meant for mixed drinks and not necessarily for shots.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Little Rock, AR
This is my absoulte favorite brand of tequilla i enjoy the white one. Clear means no hangover for me and when my friends and i get together and decide to drink this is what we drink! NO HANGOVER the next day. We just sometimes forget our age and think we can go forever lol but age does get to you before it was an entire bottle now we are good with just half. lol SMOOTH, Great tasting.
Lizia P.
Lizia P.
SIMI VALLEY, CA
Happy Hour Expert
Aroma:A pretty nice aroma of butterscotch and agave. A first for me!
Initial Taste: A semi oily mouth feel, its sweet upon entry with very low bitterness. Initial taste was woody agave.
Body: Woody agave, earth, spices, and cinnamon, with a slight fruity undertone too.
Finish: A semi heated finish of medium duration with a lingering aftertaste of butterscotch/agave.
Sarah E.
Sarah E.
Scottsdale, AZ
If you are looking for a good tequila for a margarita, El Jimador's blanco is a great one! Not only does it taste good, but it is also great for mixing because it is inexpensive. I wouldn't recommend this just for sipping on its own as it is not quite as developed as a higher end tequila but it is definitely worth having in your home bar!
Kate F.
Kate F.
Green Cove Springs, FL
I first tried this brand when it was offered as a value purchase of the 1.75 Liter Silver with a 200ml of the reposed. I chose it for the volume as I was making batches of margaritas. It met my expectations, and was a great deal as well. I would buy again for batches and to be mixed, but I don't find it smooth enough for sipping.
Julia I.
Julia I.
Phoenix, AZ
For the money, there is not a better tequila, especially if you are planning on making margaritas. It is smooth, and almost sip-able: something that you won't get until you start spending upwards of 70 bucks. I would definitely recommend this product (especially if you pair it with grand-marnier for the margarita).
Breanna W.
Breanna W.
Fayetteville , AR
This is personally my favorite brand of tequila. It has a smooth taste, doesn't choke you up like some overpowering tequilas do. No one wants to drink liquid corn. I highly recommend instead of lime and salt, try cinnamon and oranges. It is a new (though historically interesting) take on the classic tequila shot.
Allie T.
Allie T.
Atlanta, GA
What's your favorite margarita recipe using El Jimador?