Kate H.
Kate H.
Rockaway Park, NY

How does slow churned differ from the regular stuff?
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
Aug. 10, 2013, 10:26 p.m.
It's slow churned meaning it's more "whipped" than regular ice cream. So there is more "air" in the ice cream making it lighter and less caloric.
Calvin Y.
Calvin Y.
May 6, 2013, 1:03 p.m.
It's got a lower fat content due to the way it's made. It also to my experience tastes a little less thick, which I like because it's easier to scoop.
Jess T.
Jess T.
April 15, 2013, 2:01 p.m.
I don't really notice a difference.
Krista M.
Krista M.
March 7, 2013, 11:01 a.m.
It seems to be creamier.
Sonia S.
Sonia S.
Feb. 27, 2013, 8:17 p.m.
Slow churned just means its supposed to be not as dense, like a lighter, almost whipped texture.
Jameisha M.
Jameisha M.
Feb. 9, 2013, 10:19 p.m.
I don't really taste the difference.
Jonna C.
Jonna C.
Jan. 23, 2013, 2:22 p.m.
The process makes it lower in fat and calories because of the air that's in it but it also makes it creamier and so yummy!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Dec. 12, 2012, 12:18 p.m.
To me it seems creamier
Kandy B.
Kandy B.
Dec. 11, 2012, 9:44 a.m.
Slow churning ice cream allows the ice cream to maintain flavor and makes for a creamier ice cream. When they make ice cream they keep it frozen even in the making process. This allows for more ice crystals to build up and make for a crunchier ice cream. When you slow churn it requires less freezing so creates a smoothr texture.
Clarence L.
Clarence L.
Dec. 10, 2012, 8 a.m.
The method that they use to make it is what makes it lower in fat and calories but even so, the method makes it taste so much like regular full fat Icecream. We actually enjoy the slow churned more.....the caramel one (dulce de leche) is wonderful.
Kate T.
Kate T.
Dec. 3, 2012, 8:33 p.m.
As was mentioned before the process of slow churned ice cream makes it lower in fat and calories (which is great for those of us on diets!) In taste Edy's is one of the best, you don't miss out on anything with slow churned Edy's except the fat and calories! :)
Dec. 3, 2012, 4:48 p.m.
It's different because the slow-churn process basically "whips" the ice cream. It's not as dense as regular ice cream, so it seems like you're getting more ice cream in a serving.
Dec. 3, 2012, 4:48 p.m.
Tina Maria R.
Tina Maria R.
Dec. 3, 2012, 1:31 p.m.
In taste is does not differ at all to my family. It is so creamy and delicious we don't miss the full fat at all. Coffee is our fav but they have new pumpkin out as a seasonal flavor
Tammy P.
Tammy P.
Dec. 3, 2012, 8:54 a.m.
I can't tell a difference except it is lower in fat and calories without tasting like it!

Join Now