Add a Photo

#32 in Makeup Sponges

The new, unique Pure Complexion Facial Sponge is handmade with 100 percent natural ingredients, including Konjac* vegetable fiber, for a better clean that reveals smooth, refreshed skin. It is dermatologist tested for use both morning and night to wash away dirt, oil and makeup, leaving skin glowing without over-drying or causing redness.

Get the great Asian beauty secret that beauty editors are raving about.

Simply add water to soften the sponge and use with your favorite facial cleaner. After each use, rinse with water and lay flat to dry. Replace every 1 to 3 months.

*Konjac is a highly renewable root plant indigenous to Asia. It’s traditionally used as a detoxifying dietary staple and as a naturally exfoliating sponge for delicate skin by the Japanese.

Photos (6)
Stephany S.
Stephany S.
Boise, ID

I bought this sponge to try out because it was marketed to sensitive skin and comes in the charcoal version for acne skin and I love it. I keep mine in the shower and use it nightly with a foaming face wash from Boots No. 7. This mildly exfoliates and leaves my skin super soft and well cleaned with the cleanser, better than with the cleanser alone. I read/watched many reviews of this item before purchase but people either loved or didn't see a need for it. Mainly those that didn't see a need for it, were "skin professionals" online or such that doubted the exfoliating properties of something so soft. While I see their point if you haven't used this, after you have you see and feel a difference in your skin. This one is a "have to try for yourself" product.
claudia t.
claudia t.

So glad i tried this! not many products wow me and this one sure does. it comes out of the package hard, you soak it in water and it becomes this super soft sponge. wash your face using circular motion, with or with out soap.
it leaves you skin so soft and clean with NO REDDNESS!! my face gets red very easily when washing, i love that if my running late i can still wash my face without being embarrassed by the redness.
the cost is about $5 but it says on the packaging replace every 3 months, $5 bucks isn't that bad.
the sponge doesn't discolor if you use it to wash off make up, it stays nice and white after rinsing. and ive used some soaps that i never really like before with it and it made them so much better, gave them a nice foam
Renee G.
Renee G.
Milan, Milan

Wow. I received a Konjac sponge on a #BoxyCharm gift box and it was the first time I heard of such a thing.
I've tried it for a month or so by soaking it in warm water for a few minutes then rubbing it all over my face and neck and I get a shock each and every time. It's such an amazing product, it makes my visible pores disappear all together, I look healthier and more awake whenever I use it and my skin feels brighter, cleaner, softer and so refreshed that I barely need any makeup after. I am very happy with it and I will definitely start using this sponge regularly.
Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.
Milford, CT

I received this facial sponge for free to review from Pinch Me about a year ago and loved it! I've actually replaced it a few times since. I love that it helps my face washes work a little harder and remove more makeup, dirt and oil, without having to use an exfoliator daily. It's the perfect balance between a gel cleanser and a harsh exfoliator...just add your cleaner to the soft and fluffy sponge! It's fantastic - glad Pinch Me got it into my hands to try! :)
Janine C.
Janine C.

These cleansing sponges are freakin awesome. they clean the skin extremely well without stripping it of any moisture or essential oils (of course that also depends on the cleanser you use) and work up a great lather. they're really gentle and provide gentle exfoliation. the only thing is that they only last about a month before they begin to fall apart. i prefer the charcoal one over the sensitive one, but both are winners.
Ozzy G.
Ozzy G.
Chesterfield, VA

I bought the Sensitive Skin Facial Sponge from Target on clearance for $1.30. I've used other konjac sponges before and really like how they clean my face without being too harsh. This one straight out the package you can tell it's not all konjac but mixed with other fibers, it has a softer texture than pure konjac. It did an ok job cleansing my face. For what I paid it's fine but I wouldn't buy again.
Shelby N.
Shelby N.
Honolulu, HI

I love eco tools and I love konjac sponges. However, mine started to see it's last day and I didn't want to drive to Sephora on the other side of town to replace it so I picked this up!
This one lasted less than a month whereas the julep one I had lasted 3xs as long. Its already separating really bad and falling apart. I would save the money and buy a nicer one.
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Lynchburg

This little sponge has SERIOUSLY saved my skin! I've noticed a big change after a just a few days! I usually use it ever night with my Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap (my absolute holy grail face wash) and it gently cleanses and exfoliates my skin! It's become a staple in my skincare routine and I can't imagine my skin without it! I love that it's biodegradable too!
LEAR28018 A.
LEAR28018 A.

Works really well for cleaning my face in the shower. I use my Biore Charcoal facial cleanser with it. I feel it gives me an extra deep clean. It felt kinda rough out of the package, but once it was wet, it became soft. I bought it at Walmart for around $5, which I think is a very good price. I do wish it was a bit bigger, but overall I really like it!
Rachel L.
Rachel L.

Fernley, NV

How does this work for your skin type? I have combination acne-prone skin and I'm hoping this will help even out my skin!
Fernley, NV

How long did this product last for you?
Darla W.
Darla W.
Beatty, NV

After using the sponge, where would be a good place to store it or air it out till the next usage? And how long does the sponge last usually?
Summer G.
Summer G.
Maple Ridge

I wold love to try this. But is it really worth it
Erika W.
Erika W.

What is the best way to keep this product dry between uses?

Join Now