BY ECONOLODGE

• How is the customer service?3 Answers
  • Is there a reason why the rates are so low here?16 Answers
  • Have you had any bad experiences at this hotel chain19 Answers
Econolodge
  • "I like this hotel for the price for the most part but I have had rooms from them before that did not seem very clean and was not very happy about that." in 5 reviews
Emily G.
Ripley , WV
Great hotel if you’re going on vacation and don’t want to spend a ton of money. I stayed in one in Tennessee and it was very nice and clean, comfortable beds, nice staff
Jasmin L.
Each room has a good enough amount of space and the walls are not thin so you can’t hear the person next to you. The pool is great. My favorite part is the complimentary breakfast. The waffle maker is my go to every time.
Mary A.
I stayed at an Econolodge in Beaufort, South Carolina once and overall my experience was decent. I went in October with a family member and got a decent room on the ground floor with two queen beds, a full desk, impeccable bathroom and air condition for 2 or 3 nights. My PROS: Clean, has all your basic and necessary amenities, has a clean indoor pool, vending machines for snacks (not the healthiest, but they're there nonetheless), and there's a place to get food right next door on the same block. I don't remember if it's a gas station or an actual fast food place because it was a while ago, but you won't go hungry if you're just staying for a night or two. MY CONS: I had made this reservation online and in advance, and selected the option to pay at hotel upon check in, but when we got to the hotel, (it was later in the night), and the girl at the front desk said she couldn't find our reservation on her computer and could not put us in any rooms. I FREAKED OUT. but then she found it :)
Felicia V.
KENT, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
A friend and I took a spontaneous trip to Oregon for the day, and then randomly decided to stay the night. We found Econolodge to offer the best price for what we were looking for. The room seemed fairly clean (a cleaner had left the room about 20 minutes before we arrived), and the people at the front desk were nice and super helpful. The only real downside to this place was the smell of the room. As soon as we walked in, a waft of cigarette smoke scent and watermelon scent overcame us. It seemed like the cleaner thought that the watermelon spray would make the smoke smell nonexistent-nope.
Honestly though, it wasn't -that- much of a deal for us. We knew that for the price, we couldn't complain too much, and ended up laughing at the random watermelon scent they decided to use to try and cover the smoke smell. Overall, it was a nice stay. I would probably go here again if I decide to do a random night-stay somewhere.
Samantha B.
Do your self a favor and keep driving past this place ! The room was filthy and smelled awful! Nothing in the room worked! If your just looking for affordable save your dollars and sleep in your car!
Jessica H.
Billings, MT
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Our family travels A LOT for sports. At least once a month during the fall and winter for swimming and every other weekend in the spring and summer for baseball. For the price, EconoLodge is a decent hotel chain. As with anything, it depends on where you go. Staff is courteous at some places and discourteous in others.

For a busy family, who is on a budget and needs a place to shower, sleep and eat a quick breakfast in the morning. EconoLodge does the trick. It wouldn't be the place I choose for a romantic getaway with my spouse!
Yvette B.
I have been to Econo lodges and they are decent. I would not recommend it for a family looking for a lot of luxury. This is a shower and sleep type of place. I don't believe that they advertise or promise any more than that. The staff is always very nice. I asked a cleaning lady for extra towels and she made sure that I had them for the 2 nights that I stayed there. The front desk was able to help me with my bags and provided me with extra soap without a rolling of the eyes like most lower budget places.
Stossi W.
I've never been impressed with the service or maintenance in EconoLodge suits. The employees are often not personable and begrudging when asked to simply do their jobs (answer questions, accommodate special services, etc.) and normally that's something I can cope with but unfortunately, the state of the rooms are anything but tolerable. Often dirty, poorly kept, outdated and a bit pungent...I've never found my stays with them to be enjoyable. The price, however, is something that most can afford ergo making it a go-to when needing to make last minute reservations or trying to flex a not-so-lenient budget. Essentially- you get what you pay for.
Clair D.
Pass Chris, MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The reason I give this hotel a 2 star rating is because the particular one I stayed at was not at all welcoming. The rooms smelled old, the AC was not cooling, and the customer service was horrible. Once we checked in, I went back down to tell them my complaints and they just told me they couldn't do anything about it. I asked to move to another room and they did not honor that. Will not recommend this.
Kourtney C.
Reseda, CA
Every one of these hotels differ depending on the location. They can go anywhere from a 2 to a 3 star establishment. We stayed at the one in Fallbrook, CA. The staff was nice and it was clean but we encountered a racist, rude and nasty hotel guest who actually threatened someone in our party and the staff did not do anything about it. Not sure what I was expecting but definitely wasn't nothing.
Melissa P.
Amherst, NS
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Have you had any bad experiences at this hotel chain
Kami A.
Picayune, MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
What do you like at this hotel?
Sherry S.
Ashtabula
Is there a reason why the rates are so low here?
Jaclyn D.
Creston, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
What do you like about this hotel compared to others?
Brittany S.
Ochlocknee, GA
What makes this hotel better than others?