BY ECOCO

Eco styler krystal gel is a maximum holding gel with the added advantage of PVP which allows for styles that need a strong holding gel. It is perfect to hold hair in place for tapered sides, up sweeps and wraps without the fear of flaking. It is a perfect hold. see more...

• So I have dreadlocks and was thinking about retwisting my...2 Answers
Brianna C.
Current #1 favorite eco styler gel!

USAGE: Wash and go, braid out, edges

PROS:
Container lasts a long time
Product holds for a while
Strong, soft hold
Doesn’t dry out my hair
Cheap

CONS:
Makes my hair take a long time to dry
Hard to find in stores
Stephanie M.
Altamonte Spg, FL
Best hair gel i have ever tried. I use it everyday. It has a nice soft scent. It's very efective. It makes your hair stay in place all day, but when you brush it, your hair becames
Soft and the best part is that it doesnt flake like other hair gels do. I recommend this product to everyone. You can find it at sally's beauty supply.
Michelle F.
Nacogdoches, TX
I'm definitely giving it 5 stars! I couldn't ask for a better gel! This gel doesn't leave your hair "crunchy" it "hard" like any other would! I have curly hair & when it comes to finding something that works with your hair may be a little difficult. I was very surprised on how it left my hair! It is so effective! A little goes a long way! So I definitely recommend for you to try it if you're looking for a gel for curly hair!
Jennifer C.
It took me several years to try this gel, but once I did, it's been a staple product of mine. It defines my curls nicely and if I am sure to put my hair up before bed my curls will last a good week and still look wonderful. I may have to spritz with water and add a tiny bit more gel around day three or so. It does flake if I use too TOO much, but honestly it's not a major issue, especially if I put a little oil on top. I usually go for olive or coconut oil. And let's not forget the price. I think I paid around $10 for a 5lb bucket.

Just for reference, I'm 4a with low porosity hair.
Nakira T.
Works great for thick curly hair! I advised to use ore water than the amount of gel you use because this DOES leave white residue after a while depending on how much you use. This works greats, had a strong hold.
Nikki J.
Arlington, VA
Ok I like this one just as much as the olive oil eco which is why I gave it 5 stars. BUT there are some difference between the two that are very slight, but I still notice them because I use eco regularly. This gel is SLIGHTLY thicker. Upsides to thicker gel are that it fully covers the strands, curls stay defined longer, and keeps frizz to a minimum even in the heat. Downside to thicker gel is that it is harder to spread then a thinner gel. I will say that I do like this gel better when I use the shingling method in my curls, but I like the olive oil one better when I use the praying hands method on my curls. One thing I do not like is my hair feels a little drier after a few days with this gel in than the dryness I feel with the olive oil one. Nothing a spray leave in will not fix though!
Arianna R.
The products it's good but I didn't like the long lasting effect the moment I put it on my hair is just like if I just put water in it it doesn't work I was hoping for a better result
Chantay W.
I don't like using gel on my hair very often but of the times I have used this product (still have it and it looks like it's barely been used) it holds but not as long as if it were a darker colored gel. I don't know if I'm not putting on enough or not. It's an okay product.
Summer H.
La Vergne, TN
I really liked the volume I got with this gel. I didn't like that the top half of my hair didn't curl. This may be because I was afraid of using too much product. Overall I think this is a great gel and I will keep experimenting until I use enough on my hair.
Xavia M.
This is my favorite gel of the eco style gel. It really holds my hair up and make me feel like my hair is secure when in an updo. Sometimes, I find white flakes in my hair when I put more than enough, but most of the time it doesn't flake.
Zola H.
Greensboro, NC
So I have dreadlocks and was thinking about retwisting my hair with this. Is this strong enough to hold medium thick dreads?