BY EBOOST #48 in Sports Drinks

Americans are busier than ever but we’ve relied on bad energy to keep up…until now. EBOOST is a boost that does more. It’s a mood boost, focus boost, natural boost, and a no-crash boost that also supports the normal function of the immune system. EBOOST uses real ingredients, stuff you’ve heard of like Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Green Tea, Vitamin B-12 and Folic Acid. And the stuff you might not have heard of: Quercetin, 5-HTP, Resveratrol, Huperzine-A — it’s all good too. What could be sweeter than that? Well, we even sweeten our product with Stevia, a plant, not a chemical. What started as a celebrity secret for A-Listers like Madonna, Shakira, Oprah Winfrey and Amar’e Stoudemire is now a necessity for the multi-tasking generation. We took the time to formulate a multi-purpose product that really works so you don’t have to waste time with mediocre products that sort of work. Get your boost with the convenience of a shot, or an easy-to-mix powder packet in four delicious flavors: Super Berry, Orange, Pink Lemonade and Acai Pomegranate. No matter how you boost, you’re sure to feel great. All day, every day. You can find EBOOST at Whole Foods Market, Vitamin Shoppe, Duane Reade, Equinox, 24h Fitness, local gourmet stores and natural markets, and at www.eboost.com.

• How often should this be used? Daily? Twice a day? 1 Answers
  • I would definitely like to try this. Where can I find this produ...1 Answers
  • Where can i get this and does it work 1 Answers
EBOOST Natural Energy
  • "I love the idea of the natural energy boost, however the Pink Lemonade flavor that I received with my Holiday Vox Box, pink lemonade, was not very good, it had a weird taste and I would not get it." in 428 reviews
  • "The pink lemonade flavor of eboost was actually good to other brands I have tasted, plus it did come through w/a little energy boost I needed!" in 139 reviews
  • "My Sample: Acai Pomegranate Natural Energy Boost First I want to say that I LOVE the idea of packets of powered energy drinks." in 70 reviews
  • "I've tasted the orange flavor one thinking it will taste like every.other energy drink with that strong taste but nothing." in 64 reviews
  • "This product was pretty good, I had to add quite a bit of water because I prefer my juice drinks watered down, but that's just me." in 45 reviews
Tiffany H.
Kittanning, PA
So many of us have crazy busy lives, running here and there, multitasking, phone in hand constantly. And sometimes we just need a little extra bit of energy, pep, vim and vigor. Often, drinks that increase energy can lead to a crash, or the jitters, or are packed with sugar and calories. Just when you think you have to compromise, or simply lack energy, you get a little boost. An EBOOST to be exact.

EBOOST is a natural energy boosting drink that also serves to boost mood, immunity, and focus. It is chock full of vitamins like C, D, and B-12, is made with green tea, and best of all is naturally sweetened with Stevia. But, how does it taste, and more importantly, does it work?

I had a chance to sample the orange flavor. First thing I noticed was that the packet was a convenient single serve size, great for carrying in your purse. It easily mixed into a glass of water, and I liked the fresh orange smell (it did not have a fake citrus smell, which made me happy). I tentatively took a sip, not sure what I was getting myself into, and was pleasantly surprised.

I found the taste to be actually refreshing. The orange flavor was just right, not to strong, not too weak, and did not taste overly artificial. It was not sickeningly sweet, nor did it have a bitter aftertaste. In short, it tasted like a healthier, more natural version of the orange drink that we got in school as kids. I easily finished the glass in a few minutes.

I tried this on a day when I had a lot of errands and plans for the day. The weather was dreary and had be dragging, so I thought this was the perfect time to get a boost. I found I easily had the pep in my step to make it through the entire day without feeling tired. I never felt like I had a crash, the way I often do on energy drinks.

My favorite thing about the drink was that it did not hurt my stomach. Often, with energy drinks packed full of caffeine, they hurt my stomach and cause me to feel jittery. Neither of these things occurred when I tried EBOOST.

All in all I was very pleased with the results of EBOOST, and think it makes for a great alternative to sugary energy drinks.
Karrie S.
This is the first product I tried out of my Holiday VoxBox '12. My sample was the Acai Pomegranate Natural Energy Booster I drank it around noon on a week day.

Eboost comes as a powder boost or energy shot, that uses real ingredients like Green Tea, vitamins, minerals, and Stevia leaf extract in place of sugar. It supports the natural functioning of the immune system while improving your mood and focus, without a crash. It comes in 4 flavors: Super Berry, Pink Lemonade, Orange, and Acai Pomegranate. You can order this product through their website or find them at your local Vitamin Shoppe or Nordstrom's, Their website also has a store locator. $1.40 is the average cost of a packet when you buy a box of 20 on their website, which I find to be a reasonable cost.

My Sample:
Acai Pomegranate Natural Energy Boost

First I want to say that I LOVE the idea of packets of powered energy drinks. Sometimes I HATE the highly concentrated flavor and sweetness of sugar/substitutes in most energy drinks that I have had. Secondly, that I don't like acai and pomegranate, so I'm going to try the best I can not to let that influence my review of this product. I'm not a berry flavor girl. I will definitely be trying the orange and pink lemonade flavors (yum!).

The only thing you have to do with the packet, is add water and drink. My drink wasn't sweet, but I didn't like the berry flavor. I was able to dilute it some by adding extra water. I drank the glass in about 5 minutes, and 10 minutes after that I started feeling the effects. I was able to concentrate on one thing instead of getting distracted like I always seem to be. EBOOST didn't make my heart race like other energy supplement brands. It also wasn't an overly intense feelings I get with other energy drinks. This would be perfect to drink while working out to go that extra mile. This product is gluten and soy free (bonus), sugar free and ONLY 10 calories! Which is really important because I prefer the sugar free energy drinks to skip on the extra calories. I didn't have much sleep the night before I had this, so I was tired when I drank my sample. I got a few good hours of work done. I drank this at noon, and at 3:30 pm, I was able to lay down to take a quick nap. The best thing I liked about this product was that it was only 10 calories, and worked without the crash. The worst thing was that I didn't like the Flavor, although I wouldn't rule out the product. I definitely want to try the Orange and Pink Lemonade before I rule out EBOOST. You can read my review here, on Influenster.

Cons?
Flavor and After Taste

Important Note: I disclose I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster with my honest opinion.
Linette F.
La Verne, CA
I have not been as spiffy as I want to be since the holidays passed us and trying to de-Christmasify the house, plus everything that has to be done in the New Year….well I admit it (waves little white flag), I can’t hang like I use to. No worries because this is where Influenster must have heard my thoughts because they sent me EBOOST. I try to stay away from anything that has artificial stimulants because they give me pep for a few hours but then I feel worse than before I took the product. It’s like the worst regret you can feel and sometimes I even get a headache for what I refer to as, “trying to cheat my body and make it think it’s energized”. EBOOST does not do this! Yes, I can now cheat and get away with it, this what I wanted and needed! It clearly states on the package “Natural Energy” and I got to try the Natural Pink Lemonade flavor. Very yummy and not over sweetened at all. I actually felt it was better tasting than the other brands that come in package form (even in the same flavor). You get the full care package from EBOOST because it gives you energy and Immunity benefits. I like being taken care of and all I need to supply, is 12 fluid ounces of water! You don’t care for Pink Lemonade? EBOOST has super flavors like Orange, Acai Pomegranate and even Super Berry. I liked it and I did feel energized plus with the flu season always threatening to be worse than the last, I need shielding and an immunity boost wherever I can get it! You can purchase EBOOST for $28 and that supplies you with 20 packets or $39 for for box of 30. You also can opt for the box of 12 shots for $39. @EBOOST / #naturalenergy
Jasmine W.
Saint Louis, MO
I like to pride myself on being a conessiuer of powdered supplements. They have helped me in kicking the habit of drinking sodas and fruit juices. Well at least 90% of the time. So imagine when I opened up this little packet (Pink Lemonade flavored) and stirred it up with my glass of water....First off I was a bit concerned because I've never used a packet that when added to water started to....bubble up....literally. The mixture stayed at the top of the water and did not start to dissolve until I took a spoon to it vigorously. Now normally I'm used to my powders slowly going through the water to the bottom of the glass. Not just sitting on top. Even I know I have to stir it, to get it to dissolve fully. But at least its moving on its own.

Then came the moment of truth..

After my first sip I have to honestly say that it was one of the worst powdered supplements I have EVER had. I can't even begin to describe the after taste because I almost couldn't keep it down. I had to hold it in my mouth for a few seconds, kick my head back and then swallow. I tried to take a second swig of the concoction and that was no go. So I decided to walk away from for a few minutes and go for it again.

After holding my nose I went for it again and yep that awful after taste was still there! I did down a few more gulps of it for analytical purposes but afterwards I couldn't do it anymore. This product has a LONG way to go in the taste department.

excerpt from my blog review: http://www.allthatmsjazz.com/2013/01/influenster-holiday-voxbox-2012.html
Wendy K.
Bradenton, FL
I want to start by saying that I've never really enjoyed energy boosters/drinks. I don't like the way that caffeine pills make me feel and I'm not a coffee drinker. However, I start my day with a Diet Coke (which has less caffeine than I thought) and feel like it gives me a boost. I don't like the chemicals in Diet Coke and am trying to remove it from my routine but like my little morning boost - so thought that it was perfect timing to try EBOOST. Today was the day.
I started my morning with EBOOST. The powder itself smelled like the orange, powdered drink of my youth - Tang. Slightly citrusy and sweet. Added my cold water and was surprised that my glass was topped with froth. Took a sip. Did not like it at all. Tasted pretty bitter and like a sour citrus (soda) pop w/out actual fizz. I didn't want to drink more but really wanted to see how I would feel energy wise so I continued to drink. It did get better as far as lost the initial bitterness. Drank the whole glass and about 20 minutes later I did feel that buzz. Felt energetic and actually had no appetite (just an observation). Felt really ready to start my day and felt refreshed. That lasted about 2.5 hours and then my eyes started feeling tired but I had that caffeine pill feeling - kind of unsettled, a little shaky. 3 hours after drinking I really wanted a nap. Felt off the rest of the day. Feel like sleeping. Maybe my body just doesn't like caffeine. EBOOST has about 80 mg I think which is about double that of my diet Coke.
Would I try again? Probably not.
Kelley V.
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
First, the most important thing in my mind - taste. These orange flavored packets punch a wonderful citrus/orange flavor. Not too tangy, and not tart at all, they convey a perfect orange flavor. While not supplying a huge energy burst, they do make a noticeable difference. What they do NOT do, is give you that jittery feeling a lot of energy drinks do.

Each packet contains a powdered flavor that completely dissolves in water. Each packet also contains the following - supplied by the company website :

Anhydrous Caffeine

Chromium
* Regulates hunger
* Reduces cravings
* Helps protect DNA and RNA
* Important to heart function
* Helps control fat and cholesterol levels in the blood
* Compliments of Suite101.

Copper

Vitamin B6

Vitamin C

Zinc
* Raises metabolism by increasing muscle activity.

And all of the above come in a wonderfully flavored drink mix.
Cheryl W.
Troutdale, OR
I was pleasantly happy to receive EBOOST in my Naturals VoxBox from Influenster. I have never tried this product before.

"EBOOST will boost your mood, focus, and immunity with natural ingredients and no crash, As a shot or an easy-to-mix powder and in four flavors, you'll feel great weather you choose Orange, Pink Lemonade, Acai Pomegranate, or Super Berry."

I had waited for a while before trying this. So this morning I had the most opportune time to try it out. I deal with some conditions that I take medications that make me really tired and also lowers my immune system. This morning I was having a really hard time. I was overly tired, no energy and just felt like going back to bed after being up for a while. After my bath, if I'm feeling like this, usually does my in for the day. Just the simple job of getting dressed is all that I can do at times that does me in for the rest of the day. This morning was no different. But then today my husband wanted for us to go out for lunch and I didn't want to say no because of the way I was feeling. After getting out of my bath I decided this was the perfect time to take EBOOST, because I really needed something to help me. I mixed it up and drank it before getting dressed. By the time I got dressed, dried my hair and put on my makeup, I felt totally different. I felt good, I had energy and ended up heading out the door for lunch with my husband. What I really like about EBOOST is that it is all natural. I was worried at first about the caffeine from the green tea, because I shouldn't have caffeine, but didn't feel the effects that caffeine usually has on my.....like my heart racing! EBOOST is packed with vitamins, minerals and super-nutrients that deliver a boost of energy and immunity. Their packets have no sugar, artificial flavors. I liked the flavor. At first I didn't mix it right. You are supposed to put the packet in a class and pour in cold water. I poured the packet into the water and it left it foamy on the top, but it soon disparate. It kind of reminded me of Tang.....what we had as kids. But much more healthier for you. This is something that I would most definitely buy. Thanks Influenster for including this in my Naturals VoxBox!
Tracy S.
Brian Head, UT
Yesterday morning, as I ate my breakfast, I dreaded the day ahead. Company was coming over and I had to clean, a lot. Not what I wanted to do at all. I spotted my EBOOST Pink Lemonade packet sitting on my counter that I received from my Holiday Vox Box. It was time to try it out. I prepared it according to the directions, 12 ounces of water and then add the packet. After it fizzed up, I drank it. The flavor was not unpleasant, but not the best tasting. It tasted very much like a chewable vitamin.

I had eaten about 45 minutes before, but not a ton of food. I had also taken my regular vitamins, minus B and C, since I was going to be getting it from the EBOOST. About 7 minutes later I started to feel energized. My bedroom was the first area to tackle. I started cleaning up and all of a sudden got very nauseous. Maybe it was the combo of too many vitamins. I ate a piece of bread and felt better.

The rest of the day (10am-6pm) was spent cleaning, scrubbing, and polishing. I also baked cookies, scones and a casserole for the company.

The EBOOST really saved me. On the package, the amount of B12 was 41,667% of the daily recommended amount. Is that too much to take? Maybe that's what rocked my stomach? Either way, make sure you take it with some food. I would love to try it again, but it is pretty expensive to use on a daily basis. $28 for one box of 20? A little steep for me right now.
Elizabeth B.
Saint Louis, MO
The claim is: EBOOST’s natural proprietary blend delivers energy that is unyielding, focus that is unclouded, immunity that is derived from vitamins and minerals, and a means of recovery that is not only sugar-free, but delivers essential nutrients. EBOOST gives all those who rely on it a healthy competitive advantage. At work. At play. For life. (from their website)

They also say that EBOOST is a natural way to help keep you at peak performance. EBOOST is specially formulated for those who wish to operate at full capacity despite busy lifestyles and demanding schedules, and EBOOST can be taken daily whenever you need a quick “pick me up” or energy boost. EBOOST can also be taken daily to help boost your body’s immune system, improve focus & concentration, and assist the body in recovery and performance from such things as workouts, jet lag, and a long night out.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a soda addict. I don’t drink coffee, so I need to start my morning some other way. Eboost works like emergenC, just pour the drink packet into a cup of water. It could not be easier!

It tasted great (mine came in Pink Lemonade), and though it didn’t completely erase my feelings of tiredness in class, I suspect that came more from the less-than-exciting material. I liked it much better than 5 Hour Energy (in taste and in feelings). I didn’t feel jittery, which I sometimes do after too much soda.

I felt pretty good for the rest of the day, though I did need to have my typical 3 pm soda. However, this is definitely a better way to start off the morning than a Diet Mountain Dew. At 10 calories per packet, and several vitamins including C, D and Potassium, this is a great way to get some extra nutrients and a great way to start the day.
Tamara H.
I received the Acai Pomegranate flavor of EBoost powder in my Holiday VoxBox free of charge to product test. I was excited to try it because I am always looking for ways to stay energized that are easy and not too expensive.

First, the price point is a little high for me, since it has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee, it is cheaper for me to brew my own coffee.
Second, the drink had a very metallic aftertaste. I mixed it and let it "effervesce" as the package stated, but the first drink tasted like there was a piece of metal floating in the drink. I thought maybe the fact that it was warm was making the metallic taste stronger, so I placed my covered cup in the fridge for a few hours. The metallic taste was just as bad when the drink was cold.

The one positive thing is I did feel an energy boost even though I was only able to take a few gulps of this drink after I made it cold. I would recommend this if you aren't sensitive to aftertastes. If anything has a metallic taste (such as cilantro) I am super sensitive to it and cannot handle it. I was impressed by the amount of energy I felt afterward, and it didn't make me feel shaky or crazy like some energy drinks on the market.

Overall, I would say if this is in your price range, and you aren't sensitive to aftertastes I would recommend it. It just wasn't for me, but I appreciate being able to review it free of charge.
Hillary D.
Kansas city, Mo
Is this good for hangovers?
Heather M.
Any good ideas for making it taste better?
Alexandra O.
Ignacio, CO
Does this product live up to its claims? I could not get it down. But if it works I would be willing to try again.
Maranda W.
Barnhart, MO
Has anyone tried the Pink Lemonade? and if so did you think that the taste was better than the orange?
Michelle K.
Paris, AR
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
Wondering how this tastes?