Add a Photo

Photos (4)
Mayerlin G.
Mayerlin G.
Medley, FL
Este libro me ha sorprendido mucho; por un lado, está lo realista de la historia ( que es una historia real) que te atrapa;si, puede haber momentos algo aburridos, como cuando explican el sistema de castas de Bali, pero te atrae al núcleo de la historia igualmente, porque lo que siente es tan real; tan poco surrealista, que te ves leyendo una mezcla de el periódico y escuchando las aventuras de una amiga cercana. Por tanto, no dudaría en recommendarlo, pero, a un lector/a un poco más experimentado; no es difícil, sólo que tiene unas partes muy detalladas, que lógicamente, a alguien que le cueste más leer, le aburrirían y no leería.

El libro también muestra un lado muy íntimo de la mente, la parte a la que solemos acallar por inapropiada, los comentarios malos, los deseos, la envidia… Lo cual me ha atrapado, terminándolo en menos de tres días. También da un punto de vista muy detallado en las experiencias, poco realistas que vive esta mujer, explicando los términos que utiliza, dando también cosas que aprender.
Lo recomiendo muchísimo.
Brandy G.
Brandy G.
I always try not to read the books that are super hyped but end up caving to some eventually. I am so glad that I did cave for this one because it was so worth the hype and more for me. I felt as though I could emphasize with what the main character was going through, and until reading this book, I hadn't read about someone with some of the same issues I was dealing with and how she gets through it. It really gave me hope and there are so many good quotes, ideas, stories in this book. I can't even tell you how much I am obsessed with this book. I have read all of her other books since this one, and her writing style is such a pleasure to read. This is my absolute favorite book.
Allison F.
Allison F.
De Witt, IA
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I can definitely relate to the character in different ways. This is a book that I like to come back to every few years. I find that each time I read it, I pick up on something new or something else resonates with me (depression, searching for God, open to love, etc). The movie is entertaining, but the book delves into these feelings and emotions so much deeper.
Kaylee S.
Kaylee S.
Hopewell jct , NY
Dec. 5, 2016, 12:14 p.m.
Review for: Eat Pray Love
EVERYONE i know loved this book... everyone also became really into themselves and spiritual after reading this one. I think it was a phase... the book has a great story line but its just too deep for me and the story is SLOW moving. I mean what girl doesnt dream of eating all the goodies in Italy and falling in love with an Italian man then finding her inner-self with a guru.
Rachel L.
Rachel L.
Washington, DC
I read this book while I was traveling through Italy because I thought it would be appropriate. I love the style the author uses to engage the reader. Book 2 when she is in India gets pretty dry, but the romantic Book 3 in Bali makes up for it. Love the kind of book that makes you reflect on your life.
María E.
María E.
Medley, FL
Oct. 2, 2016, 3:38 p.m.
Review for: Eat Pray Love
One of my favorites books EVER.

Uno de mis libros favoritos de siempre. Tanto la película como el libro son para mi un salvavidas emocional. Un libro que sólo muestra la belleza pura de la vida. Vale la pena leerlo y releerlo, sobretodo cuando el futuro y los problemas nos preocupan. Precioso!
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
I really loved reading this book. It was so good , and it was very relatable for a woman. It helped me in so many ways just figure out my own life and realize things I had never thought about before. I was so excited when they had announced a movie for it... which was really good as well.
Emily M.
Emily M.
I read this in my early 20s and I must say it really did change me. I really liked reading about Elizabeth's travels and trials in life. It really opened my mind to loving myself and doing things just for me. I think more than anything this book is a self help self love story.
Kaylee D.
Kaylee D.
Bowling Green, OH
I really like this book. I'm not normally one to read a lot about religion or spirituality, but I found this book at a Goodwill and couldn't resist. The descriptions about the different places she goes is my favorite part about it. I found it very inspiring and easy to read.
Marissa S.
Marissa S.
Lk Junaluska, NC
I truly enjoyed this book. Elizabeth Gilbert is a great writer who does an amazing job of taking you away to all of the places she visits. I adore seeing her learn and grow as she travels across the world and falls in love with food, herself, and someone else.
Leslie L.
Leslie L.
Derry, NH
Of the three places she traveled, where would you most like to go?
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
Evansville, IN
Is this book good?
Lisa F.
Lisa F.
Did you like the book or the movie better?
Jacqueline K.
Jacqueline K.
Baltimore , MD
Simple question. I have been considering reading this for a while. Should I?
Sarah-Jane  H.
Sarah-Jane H.
Palmerston, Ontario
I've heard a heck of a lot about this book, is it all it's cracked up to be or just another flop?