Add a Photo

By NONE
#102 in Movies
Nathaniel Hawthorne's THE SCARLET LETTER is re-imagined as a contemporary high school comedy in this tale of a scheming student who plots to give her popularity a boost by painting herself the easiest lay in school. Like most high school kids, Olive Penderghast (Emma Stone) just wants to be popular. So much so than when her best friend, Rhiannon (Aly Michalka), asks Olive how her weekend went, the bored teen decides to whip up a spicy white lie just to make things interesting. But that minor exaggeration begins to take on a life of its own when it reaches the ears of motor-mouth gossip Jesus freak Marianne (Amanda Bynes), and in no time the entire student body is abuzz over unassuming Olive's unrepentant weekend of debauchery. Of course not a word of it is true, but that doesn't stop everyone in school from talking, and an amused Olive from deciding to go with the flow. Playing the role of the hussy to the hilt, the girl who used to be invisible begins dressing provocatively and turning heads in the hallways. The students aren't the only ones taking notice, either; Olive's English teacher, Mr. Griffith (Thomas Haden Church), is concerned that the kind of attention she's receiving isn't healthy for a developing girl, and his wife (Lisa Kudrow), the school guidance counselor, is in full agreement. The only people who seem remotely interested in the truth are Olive's trusting and open-minded parents (Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson). As Olive takes note of the parallels between her own situation and the plight of the SCARLET LETTER heroine Hester Prynne, she realizes that she may be able to manipulate her newfound notoriety to give fellow classmate Brandon's (Dan Byrd) popularity a much-needed shot in the arm. Olive never thought her little game could possibly have any negative effect on anyone but herself, but when loose lips start sinking ships all around her, she realizes that it's high time for the truth to come out.
Photo (1)
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Jan. 13, 2017, 1:39 p.m.
Review for: Easy A - Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3 - DVD
This movie is hilarious! I love Emma Stone, and this movie really showed how talented she was! I also loved Amanda Bynes in this movie, I felt the role that she played was pretty different from what she had done in the past, and it was refreshing. I feel as though everyone should care about what others think about them as little as Emma Stone did in this movie.
Steff T.
Steff T.
Chevy Chase, MD
I bought this movie on dvd as soon as it was released. I am obsessed with Emma Stone (not in a creepy way) - but still. The movie honestly does portray the feelings that go through the minds of young adults who wish they fit in - not realizing that they were born to stand out!

Definitely recommend it.
Stephanie  F.
Stephanie F.
Emma Stone is fantastic in this movie, I've watched several times and enjoy it every single time. A great modern day play on the Scarlett Letter. She does an amazing job at playing the high school student that doesnt care about fitting in. She was charming and hilarious in this movie.
Andleeb C.
Andleeb C.
Piscataway, NJ
I love this movie. The acting is really good. Emma stone is great and funny to watch. Light-hearted movie that is good for teens and adults too. I wouldn't recommend to younger children though. I mean its not exactly Rated R material but I still wouldn't recommend to little kids.
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
Bella Vista, AR
This movie wasn't what I expected, it was a lot better. I love the main actress, can't remember her name at the moment. This was funny and crazy and I loved watching it with my friends. I will watch again in the future for another good laugh. I give it an A+
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Columbia
Emma Stone is absolutely hilarious in this movie. This is one of my favorite movies and it has a good message behind it. I never get tired of watching this movie and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a good laugh. I give this movie two thumbs up.
Karen M.
Karen M.
Jacksonville, FL
This movie is so much fun! The main character is absolutely adorable and relatable. I like the acting. The scenes where the main character is alone are the best. It has a fun soundtrack. It's very upbeat. This belongs in a chick flick collection.
Heather K.
Heather K.
Grand Rapids , Mi
Sept. 22, 2016, 3:20 p.m.
Review for: Easy A - Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3 - DVD
One of my favorite movies! Keeps me wanting more! My favorite scene is the fake $ex scene lol! I love the acting! Fun. Hilarious. Eventful. Teaches a good lesson. I bought the DVD so I watch it all the time!
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
Hood River, OR
This movie is soo funny, but very inappropriate for kids. She is so funny and this movie just gets to me. It's sad how they lie and blam her but it it's so funny
Sylvia P.
Sylvia P.
This was the first movie I noticed Emma Stone's great acting. Movie plot is hilarious and goes to show how rumors spread like wildfire.
Dina N.
Dina N.
Did anybody agree with what she was doing at the beginning?