4.75 / 5 based on 309 Reviews
After a little white lie about losing her virginity gets out, a clean cut high school girl (Emma Stone) sees her life paralleling Hester Prynne's in "The Scarlet Letter," which she is currently studying in school – until she decides to use the rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.see more...
Top Questions See all 55 Q&A
- "I absolutely love this movie because it's so funny I love Emma Stone she is just so funny I love her shower scene when she is dancing and singing " in 108 reviews
- "funny funny movie it's like about this inoccent kinda girl that every girl think is a whore but really she not doing a thing it's so funny yet also had history 😂" in 18 reviews
- "It also shows how someones words can potentially ruin your entire time that you are in high school for and give a reputation that might stick with you for a certain time after you graduate." in 12 reviews
- "I think the deeper story line of the counselor was really the meat of the story but the movie should have made viewers think a little." in 8 reviews
- "I love Emma and this movie was pretty funny, Emma is a great actress and in this movie she was perfect." in 7 reviews
This movie is great! Emma stone plays a really likable character and she is a great actress. This movie kind of brought me back to high school. I like the plot and all the characters. A great cult classic movie.
This is one of those movies that I have to watch everytime it's on. It's so funny & just keeps you laughing the whole time. The entire cast is great & they picked the perfect people to play the characters.
I love Emma Stone! I've heard so many of my exes mention that they just didn't find her attractive and didn't want to watch movies with her in it, but jeez. Just because you don't think someone is pretty doesn't mean you should hate her. I find that she's a versatile actress, and I thought this film was really funny! I also love all the actors in it. :) But I'm a sucker for a romantic comedy. Heheh.
Very funny movie. Great cast. Emma Stone plays a teenage girl presumed to be a harlot. She plays off of everyone's perception of her and starts profiting off of pretending to engage with her male classmates. I laugh the whole time. And it will certainly leave you smiling with the end scenes! But not spoilers :)
Emma stone is a fantastic actor lol she is funny and gets really well in her character, I loved that she actually sings really good 😂 what I liked was when she came in too school lol and he friend was like we aren’t friends anymore hahah her answer had me dead 💀 and Amanda Bynes when she wasn’t on her psycho self lol loved it
This movie will have you laughing the whole time. They actually filmed this near where I live so that was awesome to see. Emma Stone is awesome in this, they couldn't have picked a better actor for this role. Penn Badgely is super cute too :)
Emma Stone is such a quirky gal. She played the role to a tee. It shows how an insignificant rumor and get twisted and turned to the point it makes life miserable. I think every teenager deals with a rumor or stupid gossip at one point or another so this movie is very relatable to anyone between the ages of 13-17.
This movie is absolutely hilarious. I recommend this movie to anyone and it would be great to watch with a group of friends. My favorite scene is with the card that has the song in it. It's a must watch film.
I love this movie and I love Emma Stone in this. There's so many funny moments throughout the movie and it makes you want to sew a giant red A on your clothes too just like she did. I'd definitely watch it again.
This movie!! Oh my gosh! So hilarious! Emma stone owns it! It's so witty and fun. The music is incredible! This movie has so much heart as well! The way it looks at rumors in high school is spot on. It's one of my favorite movies!!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos