Add a Photo

By WILL GLUCK
#55 in Movies

After a little white lie about losing her virginity gets out, a clean cut high school girl (Emma Stone) sees her life paralleling Hester Prynne's in "The Scarlet Letter," which she is currently studying in school – until she decides to use the rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.

Photos (4)
camila a.
camila a.
miami
I love this moviee!!! Is the best movie ever !!! Olive Penderghast (EMMA STONE) was a typical young American until decided be a-typical. What is supposed to do a normal girl when your best and popular avid for details, Rhiannon (ALY MICHALKA), friend wants to know everything about the weekend of Olive, and the sad reality is that nothing that bragging there is? Can a girl anonymously and insignificant as Olive tell a FIB if with that you can taste a little that magic prize that every teenager seeks: the popularity? However, some situations cannot be controlled, especially when Marianne (AMANDA BYNES), Tammy Faye Bakker's Ojai High School, hears something that says Olive.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
Pop Culture Expert
Like most teen movies it usually starts off with a girl being a no body, becomes a some body and the regrets her choice and tries to rectify the situation.

That's exactly what happens in this but it's super funny with a bug twist. You can't help but feel for Olive even though she put herself in the situation she is in. It's entertaining to say the least!
Zakiya B.
Zakiya B.
Edgewater Prk, NJ
I love this movie and I think that Emma Stone was the perfect actor to play the role it was just such a great movie with a good lesson and moral teaching at the end I really love Emma Stone in general so maybe my opinion is a bit biased but I just thought that this was just a great teenage comedy movie and honestly It can appeal to all crowds
Lindsey A.
Lindsey A.
Lewistown, PA
I happened to really like this movie. I found it funny and yet it still had a good lesson to be learned from it. It would be a good movie for a high school student to watch. Its mainly about how people try to fit in and please others by sometimes telling lies and how those lies can back fire and the bullying that goes along with it.
Giselle F.
Giselle F.
Laurel, MD
This movie was another good one!!! I have watched it many times. The actors were really good. My Favorite part was when the main character was in a room with her gay guy friend at a party and they pretend to have sex, I thought it was really funny because people actually believed them. I also liked the ending t was really romantic.
Raquel B.
Raquel B.
E Rutherford, NJ
Very funny movie. Great cast. Emma Stone plays a teenage girl presumed to be a harlot. She plays off of everyone's perception of her and starts profiting off of pretending to engage with her male classmates. I laugh the whole time. And it will certainly leave you smiling with the end scenes! But not spoilers :)
Mikaela C.
Mikaela C.
Such a funny movie. I absolutely love Emma Stone and she did a fantastic job being in this movie. The pot of the movie was so unheard of to me. I had never seen anything like it so obviously it was a movie I could watch over and over again and never get tired of it. Would recommend it to any and everyone.
MaryCaroline G.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Emma Stone is the most hilarious actress I have ever watched. This movie was so well written, and made me laugh the entire time. However it had a deep meaning underneath all the comedy. Great lesson for teenage girls to see on film. It depicts how pleasing others isn't the best thing to do.
Molika S.
Molika S.
One of my all time favorite movie. I love Emma Stone and how she portrayed her character! can't really pick a scene because i love this movie from start to finish. Every actors in this movie are very good at acting and make me feels like I'm in high school again. You must see this movie!
Caitlyn W.
Caitlyn W.
My sister and I both love this movie. We watched it as teenagers and it is one of our absolute favorites. Emma Stone is such a hilarious and amazing actress and the movie really wouldn't be the same without her. The modern take on The Scarlett Letter is super cool as well.
Samantha  R.
Samantha R.
Pop Culture Expert
How good is this movieee
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Safety Harbor, FL
Who was your favorite Character?
Mary G.
Mary G.
Glendale , CA
What is your favorite scene?
Mayra J.
Mayra J.
Rainsville, AL
What is this movie about in the first place ?
nicole  g.
nicole g.
El Reno, OK
What year was the whole easy a lady happen