BY GFA BRANDS, INC.

Earth balance natural buttery spread 15 oz see more...

Michelle L.
Ever since I tried this years ago I have loved it.  Not growing up vegan, I've eaten both margarine and butter.  When I became vegan I tried various kinds and when I found this one I could not believe it.  I am still in awe of how they can make something taste this great but it is vegan.  This tastes 100% like butter.  It could not be any better.  Even recently I strayed, upon seeing a coupon for a new avocado spread the "tastes like butter" and unfortunately purchased it (very disappointing when I've got Earth Balance to compare it to!).  So I'll finish it so as not to waste it, but then I think my alternative taste tests will be OVER!  lol  If I could give this 100 stars I definitely would.

Shannon H.
Columbus , OH
I have used earth balance for YEARS and it’s my favorite. The butter works well on everything and all of my omni friends and family can’t even tell a difference when I use it. I love this brand too because it works well with baked goods and I don’t have to adjust the amount of butter I use in a recipe for it to come out just right.
Kate F.
Best vegan butter around! It's Non-GMO, and organic..which is extremely important to my family when picking ingredients. This brand is on sale often at Publix, and cheap! It doesn't take like other butter substitutes - It tastes like genuine butter. I love using it as a spread, or in baking. The Olive Oil is probably my favorite.  Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
Heather S.
Amissville
While this vegan butter doesn’t taste exactly like butter it’s the closest thing to it I’ve found. It’s so good. It spreads easily and it goes well with any of the classic things butter goes with or in. It also comes in sticks that you can bake with.
Megan G.
Tiltonsville, OH
This is one of my household staples. I literally need at least two in my fridge at a time. It’s excellent in every way. Tastes exactly or I think even better than real butter. I will probably always buy this for my family.
Megan M.
This vegan butter is so delicious it tastes so much more like butter than the kind with dairy! This is such an easy switch when you are going dairy free and it spreads so easily! You cook with it the same, spread it on toast, use it the same way as dairy butter but this is so much more delicious and better for you. I don’t have enough good things to say about this!
Christina C.
Arlington, TX
This butter is surprisingly amazing! I got the soy free vegan kind😊. I don’t feel like I am eating “vegan” at all! There is a taste but it’s a good one similar to butter and spreads nicely on toast and mixes well with other things like oatmeal and what not! Worth the buy!
Carissa P.
Dushore, PA
I was looking for a new butter to try when I came across this. It’s so much better for you then regular butter. I also like the taste of it way more. It’s easy to find and the price isn’t to bad. I wish it was a bit more spreadable but I’ll continue to buy this product!
Malcolm J.
Flavor: 2/ 10.

This butter works for anyone who hasn't had real butter in so long that they don't really remember what it is supposed to taste like. There is an extreme overtone of a butter-esque flavor note that will suffice for most non-foodies. However under closer scrutiny, thre is a noticably off taste to it if you just taste the butter by itself. Over time this became more and more obvious to me, especially after trying various other buttery spreads and accidentally eating real butter a few times (I'm vegan so I don't ever intened to consume dairy, but it has happened).

Price: 7/10 This is the cheapest vegan butter around. You can't beat the price, but that isn't saying much (all non-dairy products seem to be expensive around here).

Functionality: 9\10

This butter melts and spreads just like real butter. It even tends to not burn at higher temperatures and resolidifies at the right temperature. You will be hard-pressed to find a non-dairy butter that can mimic real butter like this. Upon resolidifying, it ever retains the original flavor. it does liquify at a slightly lower temperature than real butter.

Health/nutrition: 1/10

Given the fact that it's butter, nobody really expects it to be that healthy for you. It's supposed to be a highly fatty product. With all that aside, compared to other vegan Butters I would say that this product is more highly processed and contains more palm oil than some of the others. The company uses sustainable palm oil, But as a vegan I tend to stay away from Palm Oil completely regardless of their sustainability. As a side note, this butter makes me sick (indigestion, vommiting and diarrhea) and I am sure that this is not very common. Considering the fact that I have experience with all of the ingredients used in this butter, I'm pretty sure that this is due to a developing allergy, possibly due to palm oil or whatever "natural flavor" is being used. I would suggest all non-dairy people give this butter a try.

Overall, I give this product a 6/10, with one point awarded for good company ethics that align with veganism. It's not the best altrnative, but it certainly should do the job for most people.
Ella S.
I’ve replaced my butter with this, and I love it! It’s much better for you, and it literally tastes just like butter! I cook with it all the time, and it tastes great on plain toast and bagels as well!
Kendall K.
Is this anything like smart balance?
Danielle W.
Tampa, FL
Which flavor is the best?
Ivette W.
Hayward , Ca
Is this butter? And if yes is it better then I can't believe it's not butter?
Chelsey B.
Athens, GA
What kind of stores can you find these & for what price?
Brianna F.
I recently bought this but have yet to try it, but I'm wondering if it's good for everything normal nutter could be used for ?