EA The Sims 4 Limited Edition

by Electronic Arts

Is this game really worth the hype?
WhhSt is the best new expansion/game pack for this? I have a few of them, but it’s tough deciding which new one to get!
How long have you all been playing the sims?
Start your review of EA The Sims 4 Limited Edition!
How would you rate this product?
Shelby C.
Pewaukee, WI
I had this game pre-ordered for about 6 months, and went to the midnight release to pick it up. I had a ton of hopes for this game, considering the whole Sims franchise is and was a huge hit. After about 40 hours of logged game play, I'm ready to review. If you were to compare this base game Sims 4 to the base game of Sims 3, it's about a B. The Sims for removes the toddler age stage, making the transition from baby to child really weird. While it doesn't impact the game a ton, you lose the chance to influence how you want your sim to be. You can no longer teach them to walk, talk or potty train, cannot allow them to play with toys like the xylophone or toy stove to help increase skills, and you can't have them read toddler books. While this isn't a major let down, its something that I've, as an avid Sims player, come to miss. Pools are also missing, but that's really no big deal to me. I personally rarely used them on lots, but I know that this is an issue with other players. The build mode from the Sims 3 to the Sims 4 is a major improvement, allowing a player to build a better home with less time and skill involved. Even someone new to the Sims games can easily make a beautiful home in no time. Same thing goes for the Create-a-Sim mode. It's a huge increase from the Sims 3, allowing you to change body shape even more and mold faces easier just by clicking and dragging. Personality creation is a little different as well, and I'm not too sure how I feel about it. In The Sims 3, you were allowed to pick up to five traits, now you have one star trait (similar to aspirations from the past games) and three others to create the personality. This creates how your sim's moods. Again, I'm not too sure how I feel about this feature. My sims family in the Sims 4 started off with just one female sim that is romantic, family orientated, and self-assured. Her aspiration is to be a friend of the world. The downside is that since she is romantic, she has wants to flirt with everyone. She is now married with children, but she sill rolls wants to flirt or have romantic interactions with other male sims, and has even done some on her own. Because of that, I'm constantly doing damage control so she doesn't ruin her relationship with her husband (even though I've had to fix her relationship with her husband twice already, because of her cheating). If you were to compare this game to the eariler Sims 2, you have a beautiful game on the nose. Graphics are improved, Sims are more self-reliant, and there is no longer a constant need-fufillment. I know that with the Sims being more cartoon and less realistic, like in the Sims 3, has upset a ton of people, but I really enjoy it. Overall, the game so far, for me, is a B+. I enjoy the improvements with build and buy mode, as well as create-a-sim. I also enjoy the new "goals" tied into a sim's aspiration, and climbing the career latter is much more enjoyable and harder to do. It less of a "playing house" kind of game and more of a real, goal orientated simulation. I enjoy it and will continue to play it, I can only wait for the expansion packs to come out!
Casey M.
Fayetteville, AR
I'm disappointed in this product because they have yet to produce a version for Mac players. I have always been a huge Sims fan but I can't even play this version unless I use a PC.
zulema A.
Rockford, IL
Me encantaba jugar los Sims. Me pasaba horas y horas en la PC , es un juego adictivo, amenos, entretenido si eres de los que te gusta este tipo de juego, pues si eres más de juegos de acción de los que nos hacen movernos y saltar de nuestras sillas pues este no será de tu agrado. Un juego simulador de vida con gráficos excelentes. No me gustó mucho el proceso de instalación y algunos errores que presentaba el juego.
Tonilynn R.
Zion, IL
Gamer Expert Level 2
1,342 reviews
Good interactive game for teens. My adult Daughter spent hours on this game building up her dream life on this. This pc disk is one of many they have come out with over the years . I do wish there was a little more to this than building up dream life but Kids sure enjoy it
Vanessa F.
Oxnard, CA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Purchased at: GameStop
This game right here is my baby. I started playing the sims when the original came out when I was a teenager, that is well over 15 years and even though it's been that long I still enjoy it as much if not more now with The sims 4. It has am amazing CAS selection, and variety. You can play for hours and hours and won't even realize it so be a careful!
Desirae D.
Manchester, TN
Gamer Expert Level 2
I have been playing the sims since 2000 when it first came out. I have been addicted to it since. I personally love the sims 3 the best. It has better game play in personal opinion but I do love some of the things that the sims 4 brought to the play. I just wish it had more freedom to build and explore rather than the interaction part.
Marie M.
Kissimmee, FL
I love this game and how much they've really updated things compared to their past games. I do feel however, that EA makes way too much expansion packs and could probably update the base game a bit more overall. I still do love show much fun this game is and it was a great gift for me to receive on my birthday. The limited edition does come with a few Xmas items in it, but I'm not sure if it's really worth buying since it's not so much different form the base game. Overall, I'd recommend this is you're a Sims fan! Electronic Arts The Sims 4 (PC/MAC)
Katie G.
Benson, IL
I’ve played the Sims since the original version came out. Overall, the Sims 4 of the best, especially with All off the expansions and game packs. But the Sims 3 has several different aspects that should have been carried over into the next version.
Helga Z.
I got this as a gift from my husband; unfortunately, I just don't have that much time to play anymore. I didn't find the quests to be anymore special than what I have played in the past. I think my favorite version of the Sims is still The Urbz. I would like to a see a free play sims where I have unlimited land space and can build my own village.
Mariam P.
San Antonio, TX
My favorite game since I was 9 years old. I never get tired of. The update is really awesome I enjoyed to create houses and to play sometimes. Is a good game for me
Ask a question to the Influenster community...