BY ELECTRONIC ARTS #1 in PC & Mac Games

• Anyone else find this game to be so much more enjoyable than the ...42 Answers
  • What is your favorite expansion pack?74 Answers
  • What do you think about this games ! What is your favourite and w...4 Answers
EA The Sims 3 (Win/Mac)
  • "My favorite expansion pack is the Island Paradise where you can become a mermaid, hunt for treasures, and explore new islands!" in 85 reviews
  • "It is just so much fun making characters, suceeding in careers, and most of all building your own dream home and family." in 25 reviews
  • "i could play this for hours, its really fun and a game for artistic people or people who are into building houses and creating people." in 12 reviews
  • "The Sims 3 community is amazing and there's so many expansion packs and custom content that really gives the game depth." in 10 reviews
  • "I will say it's very addicting and i started playing at a very young age but im older now and im still playing it whenever i have time. " in 9 reviews
Nicollette M.
Mequon, WI
This is the game that I think everyone will enjoy! There is something for everyone, whether you like modelling sims after celebrities, building your dream house, or even just making every sim in your household a ghost. First off, you can customize everything, from your house, your sim, your neighborhood, anything - which really calls out to those who love design. I have spent hours just tweaking my sim's outfit to be just right and it's amazing how much detail you can really put into it. You can also have your sims follow practically any path in life, and it is relatively easy to do. Getting promotions in work isn't completely based on skill anymore, so feel free to get by in life however you wish. Plus, the amazing amount of expansion packs, stuff packs, downloadable worlds and content makes the game on your computer completely yours! I highly recommend this game, especially to people who claim that they aren't gamers, because it is so much fun and the free play style of game is fun for everyone!
Britty M.
This is my favorite version of the Sims. The genetics need work but the creative options and diverse worlds you get more than make up for it. I recommend getting Generations, Pets and Seasons along with it. I enjoy the fact that your Sims can drive, loading screens are basically nonexistent, you can track your legacy, and get involved in the community. Your reputation matters. You can follow your Sims to work and occasionally to school (although not go inside). The neighborhoods that you can buy (or torrent) also add to the game but aren't exactly necessary. You can watch your babies grow and even send them to college! Sims 4 should've been an extension of this game, but instead EA regressed. If you've never played the Sims before, start with this and explore the expansions.
Elizabeth B.
Santa Ana, CA
Ok, guys, I LOVE The Sims 3. Seriously. It's my game! Even if I go for periods of time not playing it, I always come back and that's something that rarely happens with any other computer game I play. I can spend *all day* playing this game and not even be sick of it by the time I peel myself away from my computer to go to sleep (probably at like 5 AM due to playing the game all night). One of the reasons that I love this game is how there's so many ways to play! SimGod, builder, decorator, sim-creator, photographer, custom content/world builder. Even just actually playing with a Sim, there are a million things you could do. You can really customize your Sim, make any type of character, and mold their life into how you think they'd live it. It may be expensive, but the expansions really also add to the game. Even when Sims 4 comes out, I don't see myself dropping Sims 3 because there's still so much I haven't even experienced in the game (from expansion packs and stuff) and I've been playing it since it came out.
Candace K.
As a player of the original Sims, I was a little iffy on whether or not they could make a sequel that was as good as The Sims 2. They did! I love the open world in this installment and I can't go back to 2 or even 1 now that I've spoiled myself with it. It just feels weird without it. I've attempted Sims 4 but I always come back to 3. It's not too graphic intensive where you need a high end machine to run it. I mainly play on a Lenovo laptop on custom settings. Everything is usually low or off to improve gameplay but I keep draw distance, special effects, and textures kind of high to keep it from looking too "boxy." I would have loved if EA/Maxis actually fixed the bugs in this game before abandoning it and moving on to 4 though. Thank goodness for mods.
Gaby P.
Bronx, NY
This game is amazing. If you really want to transport yourself to a whole different world where you can be ANYONE and do ANYTHING this is the right game for you. Is the most realistic game ever. You can fall in love, get marry, get pregnant, give birth, have an affair, get rob, burn down your kitchen if you don't know how to cook, there's nothing you can't do in the sims. You can even get adducted by aliens (SIMS 2) and be Alien pregnant.

WARNING! THIS IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE GAME IN THE WORLD!! I'm not kidding. I've never been a gamer or the type of person that gets addicted to anything! I swear! ( I can stop eating chocolate when ever I want! ) I first came across this game when I was 10 years old. Twelve years, a two year old baby and a fiancé later here I am still addictive to the sims. Not just The Sims (part 1) but also have the whole sims 2 and sims 3 collection. Might sound crazy but I was just playing it 5 mins ago.
Olivia W.
This was by far the best and most fun sims. The open world replacing the load screens is awesome! It is very pricey, but worth every penny. It is so good that sims 4 is not even an improvement from this game. I highly recommend this game!
Rowan l.
Ellsworth, IL
Such a classic game to play. Sims 3 is my favorite out of all the sims; the graphics are quite nice and you can really do a lot with all the expansion packs they have made. I recommend this game to everyone.
Melissa B.
I got this game to play on my mac desktop. It's ok. Nothing fantastic. I don't think I'm drawn into these types of games. It's slow loading and each expansion costs so much. I was lucky enough to find a version of this game that came with an expansion. So far I see no use for the expansion however, but had to install both version. I also don't like having to keep the game disc in my computer. I'd much rather install it once and be done like I do with other games such as Diablo or even Skyrim which is downloaded straight to my computer and no disc is needed. I have only played for a few hours but don't think I'll be playing too much. It takes at least ten minutes for it to fully load and then half the time it won't let me log in claiming my password is wrong.
Too many glitches right now. Hopefully another update comes along and fixes all of this.
Kindra S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I love The Sims. It's my favorite game franchise. However, The Sims 3 could have been a lot better. I play on a Macbook, and every time there is an update it messes up my game. I end up having to uninstall and reinstall the base game and all EP/SPs. This also happens when I install new EP/SPs. There's not much content in the base game in terms of clothing/furniture/building elements/etc. Or at least not enough different styles of content, so buying EP/SPs or content off of the store is almost a must which does get quite expensive. The Sims 3 is a very expensive franchise. I also feel they release EP/SPs way too quickly, they always have bugs and people have problems like game crashes, corrupted files, etc all the time, but usually around installation of new EP/SPs. The graphics are certainly better than previous Sims games, but COULD be better.
Anna B.
I can play this game for hours! It is so much fun to create people and have them complete different tasks. There are so many different options on what to do with a household. There are a variety of options for everything that you are creating your own world!
Amanda S.
mchenry, IL
What is your favorite expansion pack?
Nithya R.
Rowville, VIC
I heard that Sims 3 was one of the best Sims. but I'm unsure. Should i buy Sims 3 or 4?
Becka B.
Carleton, MI
Anyone else find this game to be so much more enjoyable than the new Sims 4?
Tasha S.
Panama City, FL
What is your favorite expansion pack?
Elizabeth B.
Santa Ana, CA
What features/gameplay do you wish EA would have added to The Sims 3?