EA The Sims 3 University Life

by Electronic Arts

Did the Sims 3 University expansion pack up grade game play for you? [product:maxis-the-sims-3-university-life]
What are some features with this expansion pack ? I'm considering purchasing it. Pros and cons ?
Why did you grade it a B+?
Start your review of EA The Sims 3 University Life!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I like how anyone older than a teen can attend college in this game, it's more like real life and it's funny seeing an elder sim sitting next to me in class trying to get the same degree as me.” in reviews
“love sims that is my favorite game to place on all the different systems.” in reviews
“I enjoyed the sims 3 university life expansion pack; it sure is quite fun and entertaining, I just wish that there would be more majors to choose in college.” in reviews
Purchased at: Target
I really like this pack. I love the laptops you get and the sketch pads. It added so many more hobbies for them to really get invested in. The university is such a cool experience too you can make friends go to keggars it's really fun! I highly recommend getting this pack!
Gamer Expert Level 1
Purchased at: Walmart
I really like university life because I like the vibe that comes with it and the new features such as new plants, plant babies, and the social groups at the universities.
I really like Sims University. The Sims University universe is a totally new world to explore. It is fun being able to see Sims in certain classes and in dorm rooms. Sims can also rent houses "off campus" which is fun. Socializing with all of the other students is also exciting. It does seem hard to keep up Sims grades and it feels like graduating takes forever. It also seemed to have some unrealistic aspects, like not being able to get pregnant while at University. But it is still really fun and one of the best expansion packs!
Gamer Expert Level 3
I really like this expansion pack for the Sims 3 and I think it is realistic in a lot of ways, especially now that I'm in college. There is a fraternity and sorority, social groups (nerds, jocks, rebels), a new phone for the Sims, new careers, and so much more. The sims definitely need to study hard if they want to make the Dean's List, and I like all the different majors they have. I enjoyed this expansion pack overall.
Valrico, FL
One of my all time favorite expansions I love the college major choices, and just everything that comes new with this. No room for improvement, its amazing! Totally worth the money, and not similar to other games way better then the sims 2 version.
Hillsborough, NC
Sims can now go to college! I like this expansion but it takes waaay too long to get a degree (just like real college I guess). You can choose 1 term or 2 terms per semester but once you return home you can just go right back. I recommend 1 term at a time because it gets too hectic. Your sims will have almost 4 classes a day, no free time, and they have to study 24/7 if they want even the most decent grade. The only free time you get is the weekend you arrive and the weekend you leave. If you want to explore the campus and stuff you have to do it quickly, or cheat so your motives are full because they deplete quick quickly. Degrees will help your sims get a head start in their career path field and a raise in pay. You can also upload resumes. Overall I think it's a great expansion but it feels too rushed.
Booneville, AR
University life! You have to do your homework and socialize. I love how you can apply for scholarships too! Unfortunately, you can't go to class with them, but it's still super fun to play! Go get that degree!
Oak park, IL
I'm a huge fan of The Sims series and have owned every game that has come out. When Sims 3 came out I was looking forward to having the chance to send my sims to college. I like how anyone older than a teen can attend college in this game, it's more like real life and it's funny seeing an elder sim sitting next to me in class trying to get the same degree as me. It's more difficult to get a degree in Sims 3 vs. Sims 2 but I like the changes. There are more options for degrees and in order to get an A you actually have to study and go to class (not just write a term paper like in Sims 2). You have the option to live on campus or off campus and living off campus you can have roommates who pay weekly rent. I'm still exploring all the aspects of University life but I'm loving all of it.
I think this game is a great representation of the Sims and a fantastic expansion pack to buy for the game. The university town has lots of options for your Sims to visit and experience, all of which feel like real life activities... College parties, coffee shops, school cheers, the works. The only reason I am giving four stars is because it takes a week to finish the semester of school... While that is hardly any time compared to real life, it annoys me that I am trapped in university world and can't return to my real Sim home until I finish school!
Waterford, MI
I love all of my sims games, and having your sim go to college can be pretty fun. Now that the new sims game just came out (sims 4) you can get all of this stuff for a nice price. I would have to say the only con is that it feels like you are stuck there F-O-R-E-V-E-R!! And you don't get to go and see you family. So I would recommend only taking a few classes, and also. Just because you have a good grade in the class, that doesn't mean you'll pass exams. Make sure you study. If you don't, it will be a high waste of money AND time in sims.