EA Games The Sims
Sofia B.
Sofia B.
Bordentown, NJ
8 months ago
I usually start of by making myself! And, if you have a significant other, you should make them too just incase they ask you why you are married to someone else on a game :)
8 months, 2 weeks ago
I do both!
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
9 months ago
My characters are always completely fictional. It would be too weird to have "real people" or characters in Sims!
Hayley A.
Marina D.
Marina D.
Newport News, VA
10 months, 3 weeks ago
I usually make my family, and friend families, then add a few random crazy families.
Noemi O.
Original ones
Katerina B.
Katerina B.
4 years, 1 month ago
I like to base them on people in my life.. or me.. but I used to make originals.. but thats no fun.. I like it when " I " accomplish many things! :) LOL
Emily G.
Emily G.
I like to make my own.
Tasha C.
Tasha C.
4 years, 2 months ago
Both real first then people I wish were real.
Hannah F.
Hannah F.
Havelock, NC
4 years, 2 months ago
A little of both. Have made some famous people as well as some based off of friends and family. But I have also created random characters
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Oshawa, ON
Me and friends :)
. ..
. ..
4 years, 2 months ago
Both but mostly about myself.
Mackenzie M.
Mackenzie M.
Elon, NC
4 years, 2 months ago
I used to do myself when i was younger, but now i feel like this is creepy...I'm getting too old and the storylines that my characters would be having would be too relevant to my "real life" so i didn't want to do that anymore!
Larissa E.
Larissa E.
Ontario, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
Sometimes I like to try and create me with a new life and see how it goes. Sometimes I make friends and family. Most often though I make new characters with back stories and I create obstacles and challenges to see how their life progresses.
Cynthia R.
Cynthia R.
Rosenberg, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
We base our Sims off of family members and friends.
Marcelle J.
Marcelle J.
Sault Sainte Marie, MI
4 years, 2 months ago
I make my own characters sometimes based on people but usually people who have traits that I aspire to be like or wish my life resembled. Sometimes I make characters that are like a stereotype... I'm a terrible person LOL. But sometime I do create original ones but I guess every sim would be based off of someone or a type of person..
Danielle H.
Danielle H.
Sandusky, OH
4 years, 2 months ago
I always make customized characters
Heather E.
Heather E.
Warrensburg, IL
4 years, 2 months ago
We base them off of our family :)
4 years, 2 months ago
I let my cousin make himself and his sister once. But then he set everything on fire and scared me, so I make original ones now.
Stacy S.
Stacy S.
Orange, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
Usually base mine off family, friends, and sometimes ex-bf's so I can do stuff to make them cry like little babies. I swear I'm normal.
Heather C.
Heather C.
Port Charlotte, FL
4 years, 2 months ago
We usually create people within our family and friends. It makes it more fun for everyone involved.
Angela P.
Angela P.
Kissimmee, FL
4 years, 2 months ago
Original characters and sometimes I create off my friends traits in real life
Amber S.
Amber S.
4 years, 2 months ago
Original. Nothing like originality!
Katya B.
Katya B.
4 years, 2 months ago
I do it on people I know, it makes it funnier
Lauren A.
Lauren A.
Pomona, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
I love creating people I know or characters. It makes it more fun sometimes.
Jacque H.
Jacque H.
A little bit of both.
Natalie D.
Natalie D.
Hudson Heights, QC
4 years, 2 months ago
I once made myself and had so much fun with it. Until my character burnt to death in a fire... That kind of put a damper on the situation. I've never made myself (or anybody else, for that matter) ever again. It's a lot more fun having original characters, anyways!
Raven S.
Raven S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
4 years, 3 months ago
I mix it up a bit. I will usually make myself and my friends, but I'll also make characters from shows and games that I like, and original characters, too!
Kristen D.
Kristen D.
Oswego, NY
4 years, 3 months ago
I feel weird making people I know so I only make original characters. I don't even make myself!
Marlena M.
Marlena M.
4 years, 3 months ago
I mix it up with a little of both
4 years, 3 months ago
I like to create my own people and families. I like to base them on celebrities looks or names, but with lives like an average individual.
Brianna N.
Brianna N.
4 years, 3 months ago
People I know like family, friends, and of course crushes. Lol.
Whitney J.
Whitney J.
4 years, 3 months ago
I create original characters, some from my stories (because I'm a writer) usually. I didn't realize until about a year later of having the Sims 2 game that I none of my characters were factual, so I finally made one of myself. :)
4650 S .telegraph rd. Lot 42Dearborn heights michigan
My daughter uses people from true blood and the vampire dairys
4650 S .telegraph rd. Lot 42Dearborn heights michigan
My daughter uses people from true blood and the vampire dairys
Morgan I.
Morgan I.
Jacksonville, FL
4 years, 3 months ago
Usually I base my Sims off of real people.
Janelle L.
Janelle L.
Coldwater, OH
4 years, 3 months ago
I tend to base most of my characters on people i know. But it is also fun to make up people u wish u knew
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Easton, PA
4 years, 4 months ago
Most of the time i base them off of real people :)
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Rockford, IL
4 years, 4 months ago
I usually create all new people. Once in a great while I will base one off of myself, but I usually find it more fun to play with the different possible combinations.
Brandy G.
Brandy G.
Van Wert, OH
4 years, 4 months ago
Yes I have. I've created my whole family, but I don't do it often because I freak out when anything bad happens to one of them.:(
Michelle F.
Michelle F.
Jacksonville, FL
I make people i know
Bonnie R.
Bonnie R.
Galt, CA
4 years, 5 months ago
Both, I create a Sim to look like me but then do whatever I want.
Juan D.
Juan D.
Newington, CT
I create original ones.
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.
Three Rivers, MI
4 years, 5 months ago
It depends. I usually create myself, though I am with someone now and have my own life, it is nice to create a life with a different man sometimes.
Megan S.
Megan S.
York, PA
4 years, 6 months ago
Both. But sometimes I feel creepy making them off people i know lol
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
Wdm, IA
4 years, 6 months ago
I always create original characters. :)
Morgan J.
Morgan J.
Dyer, IN
4 years, 6 months ago
I model most of my Sims at least somewhat off of favorite book and movie characters. I also usually create a 'me' Sim, but I like my character Sims better. Sometimes I play with the maxis made Sims, but I usually end up creating my own original Sims then to interact with them and make them more interesting.
Lisa E.
Lisa E.
Rutherford, NJ
4 years, 6 months ago
I usually always create one that's me to a T, just because its fun to manipulate "myself" and do random things that I cant in real life...but usually i just make people up
Ashley J.
Megan T.
Megan T.
Canton, OH
4 years, 7 months ago
I base my characters off of what I would like to look like, since it is a role=playing game, I can at least look how I wish.
Mendy B.
Mendy B.
Duck River, TN
4 years, 8 months ago
I do both, I've had my entire (small) town on a game before. Its just that they don't always do what they are supposed to :)
Amy S.
Amy S.
Erie, PA
4 years, 8 months ago
I usually make original characters but usually I base them off real people in my life.
Beth M.
Beth M.
4 years, 8 months ago
I base it off random things I create in my head
Megan W.
Antonietta J.
Antonietta J.
Lima, Peru
4 years, 8 months ago
I mostly create original ones, but a little while ago i based one off my friend and it looks exactly like him! but then i tried to make one that looks like me and it was a fail
Stockbridge, MI
4 years, 9 months ago
I base my caracter off of me but with a twist in how i wish i looked and what my dream job would be.
Stockbridge, MI
Carolyn B.
Carolyn B.
Vista, Ca
4 years, 9 months ago
I really like creating new characters. It gives me the option to make people however I want and give them whatever kind of life I want them to have. Every once in a while I will make my character, but that's usually the only character I make from existing people.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Windsor Locks, CT
4 years, 9 months ago
I have multiple Sims 2 neighborhoods based on different themes- the TV show Lost, Harry Potter characters, Buffy... it's rare I'll make an original character- it'd have to be the child of two pre-existing characters.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Orange City, IA
4 years, 9 months ago
I base them on original people. Lol
Boise, ID
4 years, 9 months ago
I always create an original.
Boise, ID
4 years, 9 months ago
I always create an original.
Kathleen C.
Kathleen C.
4 years, 9 months ago
Haha, I usually have one Sim family that's based off myself and the rest of my family. The other Sim families I make though are completely original. I usually make characters all in orange since that's my favorite color. Orange hair, orange clothes, orange house, orange everything~! The worst sim I ever made was this prostitute. Wanted to see how life would be if I were a prostitute on fertility drugs...Lets just say that resulted in too much babies and too much men drama... Needless to say, I deleted her and warned myself never to walk that path again :(
Veronica N.
Veronica N.
4 years, 9 months ago
I base mine off people in the real world! shhh:)
Sara R.
Sara R.
Spokane, WA
I do both
Heather F.
Heather F.
Petros, TN
4 years, 10 months ago
I do it all. Creating the characters is my favorite part of the game and it usually takes me an hour to perfect my main character.
Chloe B.
Chloe B.
4 years, 10 months ago
Original, was never good enough to get the sims to look even close to the person if I tried basing them off someone.
Kathryn M.
Kathryn M.
Yucaipa, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
I make up new characters. I've tried doing it with people I knew, but it got weird.
Marielle O.
Marielle O.
Wantagh, NY
4 years, 10 months ago
Most of the time I create sims. It's fun to use the klepto trait and 'steal' from peoples houses that you're invited to though. Lol.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Albion, NY
4 years, 10 months ago
I make them look original but sometimes I name them after people I know.
Anna W.
Anna W.
Beverly, MA
Origional!
4 years, 10 months ago
I love basing Sims off of my friends and then playing us all out together. You never know what could happen! (:
Bobbi C.
Bobbi C.
Port St Lucie, FL
4 years, 10 months ago
Sometimes I make my Sims look like my family and friends and play has how I would want my world to actually be. Other times I just make up random people...lol
Ashley b.
Ashley b.
Meridian, ID
4 years, 10 months ago
I do both. But sometimes i even base them off my family, friends. and celebrities :)
Heather S.
Heather S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
4 years, 10 months ago
Defiantly do a little of both, depends on my mood at the time =]
Abigail
Abigail
Morgantown, WV
4 years, 10 months ago
I create original ones every time
Jenn F.
Jenn F.
Gainesville, FL
4 years, 10 months ago
I do a bit of both. I like to base them off of people I know or celebrities but it's always fun to make crazy families also.
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
4 years, 10 months ago
I've always based my Sims off of my family and friends and even celebrities. Because to be honest, where else are you going to be able to marry Brad Pitt? LOL
Elizabeth X.
Elizabeth X.
San Jose, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
I do both, but it's mostly original ones. I get bored with the people a lot, so I'm always making new ones.
Jessica J.
Jessica J.
East Windsor, NJ
4 years, 10 months ago
Both! But more for original ones. They're mostly based on people I wish I could be xD
Misty A.
Misty A.
4 years, 10 months ago
I used to base them off fictional characters, celebrities and a few people I knew when I first started. Besides creating yourself the people you know thing wears off pretty fast... lol
Kyle R.
Kyle R.
Littleton, CO
4 years, 10 months ago
I do both. It just depends on my mood.
Laurel Z.
Laurel Z.
Lower Burrell, PA
4 years, 10 months ago
I just like to make up new everything. Why base everything off my real life when I'm living my real life? Sims is all about that fantasy life! haha
Ashleigh K.
Ashleigh K.
Waterford, MI
4 years, 10 months ago
Both. Right now I have sims base off me, my husband and our roommate but it's also fun to make people up.
Sara W.
Sara W.
Manchester, NH
4 years, 10 months ago
I create original SIMs. Thats the best part!
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
4 years, 10 months ago
I always make myself and people i know in the sims, because i can make my life the way i want it.
Lindsay G.
Lindsay G.
BOSTON
4 years, 10 months ago
Creepily enough, sometimes I'll make myself, or other people I know in real life....
Melquisedec V.
Melquisedec V.
Bronx, NY
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
Waterloo, IA
4 years, 10 months ago
When I played Sims I made some of my friends & family & some that I made up.
Jocelyn P.
Jocelyn P.
S Plainfield, NJ
4 years, 10 months ago
I always make a Sim of myself.. It's always fun, and then the others I make of my friends. I'm addicted to it.
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
Newton, NJ
4 years, 10 months ago
Usually Original but base personalities on people
Noam G.
Noam G.
La Jolla, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
Africa, I do a little of both. Although really, to be honest, sometimes I like to create character that I wish I knew or based on movie and TV characters that I admire. But I do also like to take little aspects I like about myself or those around me and expand them through Sims.
Amy M.
Amy M.
4 years, 10 months ago
I have some original characters that I have been re-creating since Sims 1. Some of my original characters are loosely based on real people I met in regular life. But I also like playing with the EA made sims.
sarah c.
sarah c.
Lakewood, NJ
4 years, 10 months ago
I do both, but tend to wind up making people i know
Kayla S.
Kayla S.
Toledo, OH
4 years, 10 months ago
Both, but usually I create original Sims.
Christina L.
Christina L.
North York
4 years, 11 months ago
I create original ones. i usually name my characters after different food names =P
Michelle J.
Michelle J.
Wilmington, DE
4 years, 11 months ago
I usually base it off real people because its hard to think of names for people aha
Carol L.
Carol L.
4 years, 11 months ago
I like create Sims characters that are based off of characters from novels.
Jody S.
Jody S.
Both
Matala S.
Matala S.
Clifton, NJ
4 years, 11 months ago
I like to make knock offs of shows on sims ex Jersey shore or FRIENDS lol
Mallisa L.
Mallisa L.
Destrehan, LA
4 years, 11 months ago
I do both! sometimes i make myself and friends and celebrities and sometimes i just make people!
Arpi S.
Arpi S.
Glendale, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Of course haha, I create my family, then I create my crushes and some celebrities I'd love to be bff's with! LOL I love getting to live a fantasy through a Sim I control!
Jodi M.
Jodi M.
4 years, 11 months ago
I do a little bit of both. :)
Katrina A.
Katrina A.
4 years, 11 months ago
I usually end up basing them off people i know
Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.
Elyria, OH
4 years, 11 months ago
Mostly I enjoy recreating TV characters along with the houses they live in, if I can find a good enough floor plan. But I also make original characters especially when I get a new expansion to play around with.
Holly O.
Holly O.
Vandling, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
I create original characters. After all, I already live my life as it is, so I tend to go a more fictional route with the Sims.
Kristin G.
Kristin G.
New Stanton, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
I do both! It all depends on how I am feeling that night!!
Lyndsay M.
Lyndsay M.
castaic, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
On some sims games i would make my real street name and town and make my family living next door so they could be walking by my house during the game. its so funny
Roxanne L.
Roxanne L.
4 years, 11 months ago
I like to make my Sims original rather than make them look like someone I know, because it might be tempting to set them on fire... LOL j/k.
Daphney S.
Daphney S.
Birmingham, AL
4 years, 11 months ago
I start off with a sims already made- then make them live life then mate with the sim to creat another family...
Bailey F.
Bailey F.
Jackson, GA
4 years, 11 months ago
I do original ones all the time.
Karolyn N.
Karolyn N.
4 years, 11 months ago
I do both. I make my Sim look like me when I want to play the game seriously and I do random when I want to just do whatever.