by EA Games
I will do both!
Marina D.
Marina D.
Nov. 1, 2016, 3:46 p.m.
I usually make my family, and friend families, then add a few random crazy families.
Noemi O.
Noemi O.
Aug. 4, 2016, 3:53 p.m.
I do a bit of both
Marie T.
Marie T.
July 28, 2016, 10:18 p.m.
I mix it uo a bit
July 31, 2013, 4:13 p.m.
Original ones
Katerina B.
Katerina B.
July 27, 2013, 11:48 p.m.
I like to base them on people in my life.. or me.. but I used to make originals.. but thats no fun.. I like it when " I " accomplish many things! :) LOL
Emily G.
Emily G.
July 26, 2013, 7:02 p.m.
I like to make my own.
Tasha C.
Tasha C.
July 25, 2013, 3:39 a.m.
Both real first then people I wish were real.
Hannah F.
Hannah F.
July 24, 2013, 4:50 p.m.
A little of both. Have made some famous people as well as some based off of friends and family. But I have also created random characters
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
July 24, 2013, 10:32 a.m.
Me and friends :)
. ..
. ..
July 24, 2013, 10:18 a.m.
Both but mostly about myself.
Mackenzie M.
Mackenzie M.
July 22, 2013, 10:51 a.m.
I used to do myself when i was younger, but now i feel like this is creepy...I'm getting too old and the storylines that my characters would be having would be too relevant to my "real life" so i didn't want to do that anymore!
Larissa J.
Larissa J.
July 21, 2013, 3:45 p.m.
Sometimes I like to try and create me with a new life and see how it goes. Sometimes I make friends and family. Most often though I make new characters with back stories and I create obstacles and challenges to see how their life progresses.
Cynthia R.
Cynthia R.
July 20, 2013, 10:27 p.m.
We base our Sims off of family members and friends.
Marcelle J.
Marcelle J.
July 19, 2013, 11:54 a.m.
I make my own characters sometimes based on people but usually people who have traits that I aspire to be like or wish my life resembled. Sometimes I make characters that are like a stereotype... I'm a terrible person LOL. But sometime I do create original ones but I guess every sim would be based off of someone or a type of person..
Danielle H.
Danielle H.
July 18, 2013, 12:44 p.m.
I always make customized characters
Heather E.
Heather E.
July 17, 2013, 1:26 p.m.
We base them off of our family :)
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
July 16, 2013, 5:20 p.m.
I let my cousin make himself and his sister once. But then he set everything on fire and scared me, so I make original ones now.
Stacy S.
Stacy S.
July 16, 2013, 11:56 a.m.
Usually base mine off family, friends, and sometimes ex-bf's so I can do stuff to make them cry like little babies. I swear I'm normal.
Heather C.
Heather C.
July 15, 2013, 6:35 p.m.
We usually create people within our family and friends. It makes it more fun for everyone involved.
Angela P.
Angela P.
July 15, 2013, 3:56 p.m.
Original characters and sometimes I create off my friends traits in real life
Amber S.
Amber S.
July 14, 2013, 10:52 a.m.
Original. Nothing like originality!
Katya B.
Katya B.
July 13, 2013, 6:16 p.m.
I do it on people I know, it makes it funnier
Lauren A.
Lauren A.
July 10, 2013, 5:46 p.m.
I love creating people I know or characters. It makes it more fun sometimes.
Jacque H.
Jacque H.
July 7, 2013, 11:25 a.m.
A little bit of both.
Natalie D.
Natalie D.
July 5, 2013, 7:54 p.m.
I once made myself and had so much fun with it. Until my character burnt to death in a fire... That kind of put a damper on the situation. I've never made myself (or anybody else, for that matter) ever again. It's a lot more fun having original characters, anyways!
Raven S.
Raven S.
June 26, 2013, 10:35 p.m.
I mix it up a bit. I will usually make myself and my friends, but I'll also make characters from shows and games that I like, and original characters, too!
Kristen D.
Kristen D.
June 25, 2013, 11:02 a.m.
I feel weird making people I know so I only make original characters. I don't even make myself!
Marlena M.
Marlena M.
June 22, 2013, 9:23 a.m.
I mix it up with a little of both
June 5, 2013, 3:01 p.m.
I like to create my own people and families. I like to base them on celebrities looks or names, but with lives like an average individual.
Brianna N.
Brianna N.
June 4, 2013, 3:54 p.m.
People I know like family, friends, and of course crushes. Lol.
Whitney J.
Whitney J.
May 30, 2013, 11:57 p.m.
I create original characters, some from my stories (because I'm a writer) usually. I didn't realize until about a year later of having the Sims 2 game that I none of my characters were factual, so I finally made one of myself. :)
May 30, 2013, 5:49 p.m.
My daughter uses people from true blood and the vampire dairys
May 30, 2013, 5:49 p.m.
My daughter uses people from true blood and the vampire dairys
Morgan I.
Morgan I.
May 30, 2013, 4:09 p.m.
Usually I base my Sims off of real people.
Janelle L.
Janelle L.
May 29, 2013, 10:33 a.m.
I tend to base most of my characters on people i know. But it is also fun to make up people u wish u knew
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
May 11, 2013, 10:58 p.m.
Most of the time i base them off of real people :)
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
May 4, 2013, midnight
I usually create all new people. Once in a great while I will base one off of myself, but I usually find it more fun to play with the different possible combinations.
Brandy G.
Brandy G.
April 28, 2013, 11:45 p.m.
Yes I have. I've created my whole family, but I don't do it often because I freak out when anything bad happens to one of them.:(
Michelle F.
Michelle F.
April 24, 2013, 2:46 p.m.
I make people i know
Bonnie R.
Bonnie R.
April 21, 2013, 10:22 a.m.
Both, I create a Sim to look like me but then do whatever I want.
Juan D.
Juan D.
April 13, 2013, 5:18 p.m.
I create original ones.
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.
March 31, 2013, 10:24 p.m.
It depends. I usually create myself, though I am with someone now and have my own life, it is nice to create a life with a different man sometimes.
Megan S.
Megan S.
March 23, 2013, 8:09 a.m.
Both. But sometimes I feel creepy making them off people i know lol
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
March 19, 2013, 7:40 a.m.
I always create original characters. :)
Morgan J.
Morgan J.
March 12, 2013, 11:27 a.m.
I model most of my Sims at least somewhat off of favorite book and movie characters. I also usually create a 'me' Sim, but I like my character Sims better. Sometimes I play with the maxis made Sims, but I usually end up creating my own original Sims then to interact with them and make them more interesting.
Lisa E.
Lisa E.
March 3, 2013, 9:08 a.m.
I usually always create one that's me to a T, just because its fun to manipulate "myself" and do random things that I cant in real life...but usually i just make people up
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
Feb. 13, 2013, 8:35 a.m.
I use real life for it!
Megan T.
Megan T.
Feb. 10, 2013, 4:29 p.m.
I base my characters off of what I would like to look like, since it is a role=playing game, I can at least look how I wish.
Mendy B.
Mendy B.
Jan. 14, 2013, 10:14 a.m.
I do both, I've had my entire (small) town on a game before. Its just that they don't always do what they are supposed to :)
Amy S.
Amy S.
Jan. 12, 2013, 8:53 a.m.
I usually make original characters but usually I base them off real people in my life.
Beth M.
Beth M.
Jan. 12, 2013, 8:29 a.m.
I base it off random things I create in my head
Megan W.
Usually people I know or off TV characters
Antonietta J.
Antonietta J.
Jan. 4, 2013, 2:58 p.m.
I mostly create original ones, but a little while ago i based one off my friend and it looks exactly like him! but then i tried to make one that looks like me and it was a fail
Dec. 18, 2012, 1:54 p.m.
I base my caracter off of me but with a twist in how i wish i looked and what my dream job would be.
Dec. 18, 2012, 1:54 p.m.
Carolyn B.
Carolyn B.
Dec. 18, 2012, 11:31 a.m.
I really like creating new characters. It gives me the option to make people however I want and give them whatever kind of life I want them to have. Every once in a while I will make my character, but that's usually the only character I make from existing people.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Dec. 18, 2012, 8:37 a.m.
I have multiple Sims 2 neighborhoods based on different themes- the TV show Lost, Harry Potter characters, Buffy... it's rare I'll make an original character- it'd have to be the child of two pre-existing characters.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Dec. 15, 2012, 7:18 p.m.
I base them on original people. Lol
Dec. 10, 2012, 6:21 p.m.
I always create an original.
Dec. 10, 2012, 6:21 p.m.
I always create an original.
Kathleen C.
Kathleen C.
Dec. 8, 2012, 10:59 p.m.
Haha, I usually have one Sim family that's based off myself and the rest of my family. The other Sim families I make though are completely original. I usually make characters all in orange since that's my favorite color. Orange hair, orange clothes, orange house, orange everything~! The worst sim I ever made was this prostitute. Wanted to see how life would be if I were a prostitute on fertility drugs...Lets just say that resulted in too much babies and too much men drama... Needless to say, I deleted her and warned myself never to walk that path again :(
Veronica N.
Veronica N.
Dec. 1, 2012, 3:16 p.m.
I base mine off people in the real world! shhh:)
Sara R.
Sara R.
Dec. 1, 2012, 12:27 p.m.
I do both
Heather F.
Heather F.
Nov. 28, 2012, 4:18 a.m.
I do it all. Creating the characters is my favorite part of the game and it usually takes me an hour to perfect my main character.
Chloe B.
Chloe B.
Nov. 27, 2012, 12:05 p.m.
Original, was never good enough to get the sims to look even close to the person if I tried basing them off someone.
Kathryn M.
Kathryn M.
Nov. 25, 2012, 6:58 p.m.
I make up new characters. I've tried doing it with people I knew, but it got weird.
Marielle O.
Marielle O.
Nov. 23, 2012, 3:38 a.m.
Most of the time I create sims. It's fun to use the klepto trait and 'steal' from peoples houses that you're invited to though. Lol.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Nov. 19, 2012, 4:57 p.m.
I make them look original but sometimes I name them after people I know.
Anna W.
Anna W.
Nov. 17, 2012, 7:43 p.m.
Origional!
Nov. 16, 2012, 3:07 p.m.
I love basing Sims off of my friends and then playing us all out together. You never know what could happen! (:
Bobbi C.
Bobbi C.
Nov. 14, 2012, 6:28 p.m.
Sometimes I make my Sims look like my family and friends and play has how I would want my world to actually be. Other times I just make up random people...lol
Ashley b.
Ashley b.
Nov. 14, 2012, 1:43 p.m.
I do both. But sometimes i even base them off my family, friends. and celebrities :)
Heather S.
Heather S.
Nov. 13, 2012, 7:38 p.m.
Defiantly do a little of both, depends on my mood at the time =]
Abigail
Abigail
Nov. 13, 2012, 1:09 p.m.
I create original ones every time
Jenn F.
Jenn F.
Nov. 12, 2012, 1:28 p.m.
I do a bit of both. I like to base them off of people I know or celebrities but it's always fun to make crazy families also.
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Nov. 12, 2012, 10:55 a.m.
I've always based my Sims off of my family and friends and even celebrities. Because to be honest, where else are you going to be able to marry Brad Pitt? LOL
Elizabeth X.
Elizabeth X.
Nov. 12, 2012, 6:17 a.m.
I do both, but it's mostly original ones. I get bored with the people a lot, so I'm always making new ones.
Jessica J.
Jessica J.
Nov. 11, 2012, 8:04 p.m.
Both! But more for original ones. They're mostly based on people I wish I could be xD
Misty A.
Misty A.
Nov. 10, 2012, 5:36 p.m.
I used to base them off fictional characters, celebrities and a few people I knew when I first started. Besides creating yourself the people you know thing wears off pretty fast... lol
Kyle R.
Kyle R.
Nov. 10, 2012, 8:30 a.m.
I do both. It just depends on my mood.
Laurel Z.
Laurel Z.
Nov. 8, 2012, 3:25 p.m.
I just like to make up new everything. Why base everything off my real life when I'm living my real life? Sims is all about that fantasy life! haha
Ashleigh K.
Ashleigh K.
Nov. 8, 2012, 1:45 p.m.
Both. Right now I have sims base off me, my husband and our roommate but it's also fun to make people up.
Sara W.
Sara W.
Nov. 8, 2012, 7:33 a.m.
I create original SIMs. Thats the best part!
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Nov. 8, 2012, 5:10 a.m.
I always make myself and people i know in the sims, because i can make my life the way i want it.
Lindsay G.
Lindsay G.
Nov. 8, 2012, 2:45 a.m.
Creepily enough, sometimes I'll make myself, or other people I know in real life....
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
Nov. 6, 2012, 7:18 p.m.
When I played Sims I made some of my friends & family & some that I made up.
Jocelyn P.
Jocelyn P.
Nov. 3, 2012, 8:12 a.m.
I always make a Sim of myself.. It's always fun, and then the others I make of my friends. I'm addicted to it.
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
Nov. 3, 2012, 8:02 a.m.
Usually Original but base personalities on people
Noam G.
Noam G.
Nov. 2, 2012, 12:21 p.m.
Africa, I do a little of both. Although really, to be honest, sometimes I like to create character that I wish I knew or based on movie and TV characters that I admire. But I do also like to take little aspects I like about myself or those around me and expand them through Sims.
Amy M.
Amy M.
Nov. 1, 2012, 6:59 p.m.
I have some original characters that I have been re-creating since Sims 1. Some of my original characters are loosely based on real people I met in regular life. But I also like playing with the EA made sims.
sarah c.
sarah c.
Oct. 31, 2012, 1:06 p.m.
I do both, but tend to wind up making people i know
Kayla S.
Kayla S.
Oct. 29, 2012, 8:39 p.m.
Both, but usually I create original Sims.
Christina L.
Christina L.
Oct. 29, 2012, 3:49 p.m.
I create original ones. i usually name my characters after different food names =P
Michelle J.
Michelle J.
Oct. 29, 2012, 9:30 a.m.
I usually base it off real people because its hard to think of names for people aha
Carol L.
Carol L.
Oct. 29, 2012, 7:21 a.m.
I like create Sims characters that are based off of characters from novels.
Matala S.
Matala S.
Oct. 28, 2012, 7:38 p.m.
I like to make knock offs of shows on sims ex Jersey shore or FRIENDS lol
Mallisa L.
Mallisa L.
Oct. 28, 2012, 12:32 p.m.
I do both! sometimes i make myself and friends and celebrities and sometimes i just make people!
Arpi S.
Arpi S.
Oct. 24, 2012, 1:32 p.m.
Of course haha, I create my family, then I create my crushes and some celebrities I'd love to be bff's with! LOL I love getting to live a fantasy through a Sim I control!
Jodi M.
Jodi M.
Oct. 22, 2012, 11:27 a.m.
I do a little bit of both. :)
Katrina A.
Katrina A.
Oct. 21, 2012, 12:37 p.m.
I usually end up basing them off people i know
Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.
Oct. 20, 2012, 2:33 p.m.
Mostly I enjoy recreating TV characters along with the houses they live in, if I can find a good enough floor plan. But I also make original characters especially when I get a new expansion to play around with.
Holly O.
Holly O.
Oct. 19, 2012, 2:19 p.m.
I create original characters. After all, I already live my life as it is, so I tend to go a more fictional route with the Sims.
Kristin G.
Kristin G.
Oct. 17, 2012, 5:20 p.m.
I do both! It all depends on how I am feeling that night!!
Lyndsay M.
Lyndsay M.
Oct. 17, 2012, 3:20 p.m.
On some sims games i would make my real street name and town and make my family living next door so they could be walking by my house during the game. its so funny
Roxanne L.
Roxanne L.
Oct. 17, 2012, 1:03 p.m.
I like to make my Sims original rather than make them look like someone I know, because it might be tempting to set them on fire... LOL j/k.
Daphney S.
Daphney S.
Oct. 17, 2012, 12:31 p.m.
I start off with a sims already made- then make them live life then mate with the sim to creat another family...
Bailey F.
Bailey F.
Oct. 17, 2012, 11:48 a.m.
I do original ones all the time.
Karolyn N.
Karolyn N.
Oct. 17, 2012, 6:08 a.m.
I do both. I make my Sim look like me when I want to play the game seriously and I do random when I want to just do whatever.

Join Now