BY DYSON #9 in Vacuum Cleaners

Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Vacuum Home - Misc More for the Home - Vacuums & Steam Cleaners see more...

• I have been looking for a vacuum for pet hair and hardwoo...2 Answers
  • Is this vacuum worth the price tag? How does it hold up a...1 Answers
  • Does this vacuum, vacuum dog hair efficiently?2 Answers
Molly P.
S Burlington, VT
This vacuum is by far the best vacuum I've ever owned. My boyfriend and I purchased this before we moved into a new apartment (ALL CARPET) back in May 2015. Our Kitty before moving was an outdoor cat and had to transition to being an indoor cat when we moved into our new place. The combination of our 1100 square foot apt and our now indoor cat caused quite a lot of dust/hair/dirt. I am very allergic to cats so this was quite the dilemma for me. Thankfully this vacuum does an amazing job at sucking up cat hair/dander/dust/dirt and sometimes even things you don't necessarily want to vacuum up. My vacuum and I were doing great once a week vacuuming up everything I desired...until it wasn't... The wand you use to vacuum stuff up has a few different attachments depending on what task is at hand. My task last August was to vacuum up all the excess cat litter/lint in our combo bathroom/cat bathroom/laundry room. All was going well until I stuck the wand in between the wall and the side of the dryer trying to make sure I got every piece of lint hair etc. All of a sudden I hear a noise where I could tell I vacuumed something bad up there and could tell the suction was being impaired.. Somehow I vacuumed a mini sized BIC lighter that got wedged in the middle of the vacuum wand. I literally tried every way I could think of to try to push it out.  I tried sticking a long dowel down the tube to try to push it out which only broke my wooden dowel.. then I tried to lubricate it with some water/oil which also didn't work. Finally after two weeks of attempting to dislodge the lighter I broke down and bought a $20 replacement off Amazon and then proceeded to snap the busted lighter stuck in it one in half (took a number of attempts so clearly this is some well made plastic)
Arwa B.
Miami, Florida
It makes me want to vacuum - this alone is huge! Cleaning the house is not one of my favorite things to do - this however is a game changer! It is so easy to use and to clean and it does an amazing job !!
Sarah S.
Best vacuum ever. I have had this for several years and we are very hard on it and it just keeps plugging along! The extension is so easy to use and is a life saver with tall ceilings. Easy to empty and clean
Michele G.
ashville, OH
I had two dogs and was going through a new vaccum cleaner every few months. Fur would get caught in the hose and be stuck where I couldn't get it out. This Dyson is perfect for anyone with animals. The hair bypasses the hose and goes directly to the canister. It's suction is strong. The canister is easy to empty. It came with multiple attachments. I have had mine for 5 years now and vaccum at least 4 times a week. My 6 year old nephew loves to vaccum with my Dyson. He loves to see how much we fill up the canister!
Vanessa G.
Hialeah, FL
The best vacuum I've ever used. I've had mine for a year now and works great. Seems heavier than what is really is. Glides easily, and deep clean/vacuums carpet with little effort. It's swivels to make turning easy. I also use it to vacuum my tile flooring, mattress, walls, high light fixtures, sofas, everything! Mine came with several add on attachments. Clean up is easy and everything can be taken apart to clean thoroughly.
Ashley S.
Just got this bad boy and I must say for my first Dyson - I am thoroughly impressed. This machine is lightweight, easy to maneuver, and has a great suction power to it. It does come with a hefty price tag but its worth so far in my book. Plus with no bags, the clean up is a breeze.
Agripina H.
Turlock, CA
I had this vacuum for a few years and the motor went out it was too expensive to fix and even though they say it doesn't clog it does and I would have to have it air compressed so it could unclog constant maintenance even with me keeping the filters clean Dyson DC65 Animal Total Clean
Veronica H.
I've had this vacuum for about 4 years. I love it. I feel like it does a good job , my complaints would be, the canister is a pain to empty when there is a lot of carpet fuzz, it sometimes doesn't maneuver in the way I want it too, but overall, I wouldn't go with any other brand
Mandy H.
Avon, IN
Honestly have only had this vacuum for one month. So I can't vouch for how it lasts. However I do know that ever time I have gotten a new vacuum I have been pleased with how well it picked up. I didn't realize it could be better. This vacuum does an amazing job. I have two dogs so my carpets and furniture get an extreme workout. This vacuum does an amazing job with the hair. One bonus I was excited about what that I was able to have it sitting at the bottom of my stairs and I could clean my stairs all the way to the top without having to haul my vacuum up a single step. I have never had one that reached so far. It is really easy to empty the canister. You don't have to touch anything that will get your hands dirty. This one comes with extra attachments that are wonderful. I haven't used them all but am excited to.
Massi S.
Allston, MA
I've had this vacuum for a year and a half now. It's a life saver. I had multiple vacuums before this and none would pick up my dogs hair or would break after a month. My dog is 80lbs and sheds like crazy. I vacuum twice a day every day and thank goodness for Dyson!!! It's so easy to dump it out and I try to clean the filters once every three months. It was purchased at Best Buy when it went on sale. It's a little heavy, but it really picks up on our carpets, wood floor, and tile.
Sydney F.
Toronto , ON
Is this product actually worth the money?
Karen B.
Las Vegas, NV
I've been looking for a high quality vacuum that will actually last. Is this one worth it? What are the pros & cons?
Amanda M.
Does this work well on wood flooring and carpet?
Denise S.
TOLLAND, CT
Is this good on hardwood floors?
Barbara L.
Brunswick, MD
Does this vacuum, vacuum dog hair efficiently?