BY DYSON #3 in Vacuum Cleaners

Dyson DC50 Vacuum, Animal Compact Home - Misc More for the Home - Vacuums & Steam Cleaners see more...

• Is this vacuum really any better than any other vacuum?? ...2 Answers
  • Is there a warranty on these? Mine is about 5 years old a...1 Answers
  • How does this compare to other "animal" vacuum cleaners? ...2 Answers
Adriana V.
I never expected to love a vacuum cleaner. Even admitting that makes me feel like the child inside me has died a little. This vacuum cleaner, however, makes the whole house smell cleaner. After replacing an old vacuum given to me by my mother, I bought this version because we are planning to add a dog to our household, and I have long hair that has clogged vacuum cleaners in the past. This thing sucked three canisters of dirt from our one-bedroom apartment in the first pass, apparently grabbing all of the dirt left behind by our ancient vacuum.

I have always scoffed at Dysons for being overpriced, but this vacuum cleaner is easy to maneuver, easy to use, and easy to clean up. It sucks up more dirt in a single pass than I ever thought possible.

My only complaint is that the flat furniture cleaning attachment that comes with it is very small - about four inches long. I would have liked to see a full sized furniture cleaning head included with a six hundred dollar vacuum. Of course, you can buy the spare attachment, called the "Dyson Mattress Tool" for another thirty dollars, but it feels like it should have been included in the top-of-the-line, most recent Dyson model.

Overall, I am pleased with how the vacuum handles, how it cleans, and how much cleaner it is keeping my home.
Diana R.
Akron , OH
This is the only vacuum I will use. It’s picks up everything! I love it because my hair sheds everywhere and this doesn’t effect the vacuum if too much is sucked up. This vacuum is VERY expensive but if you’re a clean freak like I am, it’s worth the price tag!
Linda P.
Eastvale, CA
I was that person that vacuum everyday being a mom of a German Shepherd and a bulldog prior to having kids. I received a vacuum as a house warming gift and made sure I cleaned up after my dogs being indoors everyday. Boy did that change when we got a Dyson. I did a demo vacuum to see what the hype was about and I couldn’t believe that the one area rug I ‘vacuumed’ everyday filled up the tank of the Dyson with dust and dirt! I love my Dyson! Had it for about 4 years now.
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
This vacuum is so amazing. At my dads house we have three cats and two dogs so there is no shortage of animal hair laying around, and this is by far the best vacuum ever for cleaning up pet hair, as it actually picks up the pet hair unlike some other vacuums.
Gina S.
Grand Haven, MI
This was a huge investment for me and my boyfriend. I do love this vacuum even if I am still paying it off :) It's definitely worth the purchase. The only downside is that it's a little heavy- but sometimes heavy duty does a better job cleaning! :)
Jennie D.
When our 1st Dyson finally got demoted to the basement (still working but had holes in the tubing) we bought this Dyson which is upgraded with the ball. I loved my old Dyson but this one is nowhere near as good of quality. The ball scrapes and scratches across our wood floors rather than spin like a wheel. The ball spins on carpets but squeaks and squeals as it turns. Frequently the brush bar randomly stops spinning and we have to knock the machine to get it going. Other times the brush is spinning but there's no suction at the floor because it doesn't switch from the wand. There's been several times my kids have vacuumed the whole room or multiple rooms only to find they didn't s-u-c-k up anything and have to start over. We have to swing the handle up and down until the suction switches to the floor. Within a month or two the attachments would no longer click onto the end of the wand. The plastic just wore down and have nothing to click it into place. AND finally, the mechanism used to hold the vacuum clicked in an upright position is faulty. Sometimes it won't even click up and we end up getting frustrated and leave it in the closet laying down. Other times you can force it upright but you have to do it just so and it takes multiple tries to get it to click that sweet spot.
All that being said,,, it's all the "outside" functions of the Dyson. The machine itself, the motor, the suction, the Dyson parts of the Dyson, if that makes sense.... All of that is great!! This one is going on 4 years and the internal functions are like new. It's everything else about the vacuum that is horrible. And my old basement Dyson... Going on 11 years now and performing better than my new Dyson. I love Dysons but seriously considering moving on after this dud.
Rachel M.
An amazing vacuum for sucking up tough to get animal hairs from both wood floors and carpeting. Sleek with a powerful suction I absolutely cannot live without this thing! It’s not super noisy and truly gets the job done.
Taylor C.
Navarre, FL
You guys, this vacuum is worth the money. I'm a small girl and vacuuming with other vacuums in the past has been a chore because I had to really put some muscle into it. This is light and easy to maneuver. I live 5 minutes from the beach so sand getting into the house is inevitable. This vacuum picks up dirt, sand, hair. It's great! Cleanup is easy. All around this is a great vacuum!
Mollie B.
Love this vacuum! I am partial to Dyson products in general because they are so well made and are efficient and effective. This vacuum finds dust that you never knew was there. This vacuum is quite substantial in weight, so not the easiest to carry up and down stairs if you have them. The attachments are pretty standard. It is quite an investment, but well worth the cost to me.
Angelia C.
PENSACOLA, FL
This is our second dyson and the only thing I can not stand is the fact that you are fighting with that damn hose. It is not flexible in any respect!! Please lord help me stop pulling the darn vacuum so hard just to get that hose where I need it. It is horrible. However, the suction is amazing and it really is a great vacuum cleaner. 5 YEAR WARRANTY! U had it for 4 years and then they covered everything when it broke. So yes, we will deal with the hose.
Samantha R.
How does this compare to other "animal" vacuum cleaners? Is it really worth the price?
ashley g.
Troy, MO
Is this vacuum really any better than any other vacuum?? Also are they really worth as much as they cost??
Heather M.
Charlottesvle, VA
Is there a warranty on these? Mine is about 5 years old and it's acting up!