Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum

by Dyson

#23 in Vacuums

Dyson 227635-05 Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum
Start your review of Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum!
Jenn K.
Westfield , MA
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum uploaded by Jenn K.
The Dyson Ball Animal 2 has great suction. I have a few pros and cons: Pros- great suction, detachable wand/hose, bagless and easy to dump. Cons- doesn't pick up anything bigger than dust/dirt, Not good for high/thick carpets, no way to make it vacuum at different levels (for different surfaces) I think this vacuum is good for animal hair, the detachable wand makes it wonderful to clean my cat tower, and it is easy to quickly get the wand and use it. I would say this would be better for salon (hair salons) rather than in-home if you've got thicker carpets. In my picture of the rug I used it and it doesn't get everything up because my carpet is too thick. We had to purchase a second vacuum for our living room because this one doesn't work well enough. On hard surfaces like kitchen floors it is great for animal hair, dust, and crumbs. It does not pick up any larger pieces off the floor like cat food, toddler snack crackers because it is too low to the floor. Overall I would recommend this to someone that has all thinner carpets and a toddler free home (as they're messy) Or for use in a hair salon.
khushboo P.
Probably one of the best vaccums I have ever used! This thing literally pulls on your carpet getting everything out. Leaving the carpet so darn fluffy. The price of this vaccum is ridiculous. As all Dyson products are, but this is a great vaccum. Worth every penny once you see the results.
Risyki G.
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum uploaded by Risyki G.
The best vacuum I have ever owned. So simple to assemble and perfect to operate. Such a beautiful machine. It's easy to use, light weight and very versatile.
Zane P.
Portland, OR
In all honesty this vacumm worked really well for a couple months. Even after cleaning it everything it slowly lost suction and stopped working as well and just pushes cat hair around. Would not recommend. Maybe it’s just my experience .
Mary H.
Saint Louis, MO
I got a great deal on my Dyson a few years back on a Black Friday and I think it’s a wonderful vacuum for my multi-pet household. It has great swivel and hair pick up abilities.
Gemma T.
Brookline, MA
Super bulky and heavy so takes a bit to get used to, but a beast of a vacuum. Be careful with wires and the corners of rugs since the vacuum will suck up anything in it’s path and with a ton of power! Great for cat hair and comes with multiple attachments!
member-18a701
I have two dogs in my home! I would not be able to survive without my dyson! I use it for both the tile and carpeted rooms! I use it almost everyday as both my dogs shed! This vacuum is a must have for pet owners!
eboni B.
Mechanicsvlle, VA
This vacuum is really good and it works great. The price is a little on the high side. You pay for quality, I guess.
Cristina G.
Esta es una gran aspiradora, limpia súper bien y es muy práctica, es una de mis mejores compras...
Alex A.
Odessa, TX
Lightweight but still durable. Works really well and can handle a wide range of chores with all the attachments. I only wish there was a quicker and easier way to clean out the brush. I find that long hair gets tangled up in it frequently and removing it it’s a chore and takes a bit of disassembly
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Kim N.
Corio
il y a 8 mois
Patricia S. il y a 7 mois
Yes! I love this vacuum. It picks up so good and lasts a long time.
Zachary G.
Duluth, MN
il y a un an
Is the cost worth the value of the product? Like does it work that well versus others?
shelly C. il y a 10 mois
I have the Dyson animal and I have the shark navigator lift pro. I have abused them both equally - and I have to say, my shark outperformed my Dyson. Especially over time it became more noticeable. I even had to use my warranty on the Dyson (before I started improperly using it), and ordered a replacement part, (which to Dysons credit and kudos to their customer service, accessing the warranty, was easy and only took a few minutes with one call.) But with several area rugs in various rooms, even though the Dyson was supposed to automatically adjust for carpet length, thicker and longer carpet was a deal breaker for the Dyson. It didn't do that great on hard floors either and if you forget to turn the brushes off, it will eat/shred a hole in your laminate, scratch deeply into your hardwood, and basically blows debris everywhere. The hose is cumbersome to use and frankly didn't do that great anyway. The only thing I loved was the turbine attachment because of the miniature brush roll actually had a rolling head like the main part of the vacuum. Only miniature and suction powered it instead of the motor. And the design of the brush roll allowed for easy take off of tangled hair. Other than that, I continued to beat up my shark for everyday floor care. And because the wet/dry vacuum was not yet invented, both vacuums eventually were used on damp carpet when I really should have just used the rug doctor but decided to spray carpet cleaner and skip to the vacuuming part. The Dyson didn't like that at all. Well neither did. But the Shark took a better beating overall, and made everything look cleaner. And because of how the shark is made, there's a lot of electronic wiring and stuff in the head of the vacuum from what I was told, (and which I never got around to actually fact check, so take that with a grain of salt..) But if that is true, maybe I just got super lucky that it didn't burn out or short out on me sooner. I could and would use it on every surface without hesitation. And I loved that it was super easy to just push a button to free the canister to vacuum the stairs or whenever I needed to switch it to just use the canister for easy vacuuming under beds, the pool table or just using the hose. And was super easy to just pop back in to use it as an upright vacuum. Both had a lot of pros and a few cons for each. They're both solid vacuums and the 5 year no hassle warranty sold me on the Dyson. And the surprising performance of the shark won me over too. Money is usually the tie breaker for me, but you can make the argument either way in this case. So budget wise, you can save money now and get the shark. Or if longevity is a concern you can justify the bigger budget, because of the warranty you know you'll get at least 5 good years. So next would be the features you would use most. Plan on vacuuming high pile rugs? Skip the Dyson. Or is vacuuming your couch and furniture bigger on your list? You might like that turbine tool on the Dyson. Short on time and just want nice clean shampooed carpets in a pinch? Maybe explore other options like the fancy wet/dry vacuums.. I think I'll go do that now.. good luck..