BY DUOLINGO

• How many different languages does this app offer?1 Answers
  • Chinese language ia available for duolingo?8 Answers
L A U R A T.
Doral, FL
Excelente aplicación para aprender idiomas, me encanta el método de aprendizaje que utiliza.
Kristin B.
Ballwin, MO
I really like this app and have been using it for years. It would be hard to become fluent in a language through this app alone, but it’s a great supplemental tool to reinforce grammar and vocabulary. And the little bird is so cute! I like how they encourage and reward you as you progress.
Michelle E.
Love this app! Easy way to learn (or brush up on) foreign languages! I wish they had a “silent mode” but other than that it’s perfect and really works, and it’s free! This app is a must if you are working on a foreign language
Lindsey P.
Techie Expert Level 1
First off, Duolingo isn’t a foreign language course. Think of it as a study aid to use in addition to an actual class. With that being said, I don’t take Italian classes; but I am learning Italian fairly well using Duolingo 5-10 minutes a day and Googling a little. Italian isn’t the only language you can learn, though. They also offer Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Turkish, Polish, Irish, Greek, Hebrew, Danish, Hindi, Czech, Esperanto, Ukrainian, Welsh, Vietnamese, Hungarian, Swahili, Romanian, Indonesian, Hawaiian, Navajo, and two fictional languages — High Valyrian and Klingon. That’s a lot for free learning! Although the app is free, you can purchase Duolingo Plus for zero ads, free streak repair, and offline learning. However, ads only appear after lessons to open an additional chest for gems. (Gems are used to buy bonus lessons, health, and repair your streak.) You earn a good many gems from chests and maintaining your streak, but you can also buy them. I like that there’s streaks you can earn by practicing daily and achievements (included a picture of some of them). I am very competitive, which certainly motivates me to keep at it! (Sadly, I lost my perfect one month streak recently 😭) You can also join a club through the app and talk to other learners of that language. I haven’t used this feature, but I’m planning on taking advantage of it once I have a little more studying under my belt. Only thing I would like to see is some grammar tips so I don’t have to Google them! 😅
•Ritta_beauty R.
stockholm
I like this app! It is so cool and useful. I am using it to learn Swedish. I love the challenges it gives and the levels we can reach. We can improve ourself easily and having fun at the same time. In addition, it is free! I recommend it for you if you are beginning to learn a language; it will help you a lot.
Lindsay M.
Arlington, VA
Loved being able to practice Spanish on this app while in college. Loved all the different learning methods and games to get your brain fully engaged without mindless rhythmic answering. Wish it expanded on tenses though.
Briana W.
Cincinnati, OH
I wanted to learn Spanish. It was just ok simple after learning the basics. Not enough study material for me.
Good app. Helps you learn languages easily but you have to understand the grammar on your own. Most of the times you have to search it yourself if you have problems with the new learned things. But overall it is great and it’s also free. Lives are running out fast but as I said it’s normal for a free app.
Morgan M.
Techie Expert Level 1
This app is really easy to use? My boyfriend speaks Spanish as well as English and I wanted to learn some Spanish.
Nicole F.
Vermilion, OH
My boyfriend is bilingual and I wanted to learn some Spanish for my job so I started using this app! It's easy to use and it is beneficial. It met my expectations and then some and it teaches you formal Spanish. It's free which is great! I would recommend to a friend.
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
What languages are you trying on DuoLingo?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What language are you learning With this?
Juliana H.
Carlsbad, CA
What's the hardest language to learn on Duolingo?
Molly S.
Is this app available on androids?!
Luis A.
Miami, Florida
Techie Expert Level 3
Chinese language ia available for duolingo?