BY DUOLINGO

• How many different languages does this app offer?1 Answers
  • Chinese language ia available for duolingo?7 Answers
Becca M.
Amelia, OH
If you want to learn a language and you have the ability to keep with it, Duolingo is a great source. It is light on the Asian languages, but it is great for the Romance languages. I used it as a study tool for my languages in high school and college and it worked really well. There can be some dialect issues in using it this way. Don't expect to become fluent because that's not going to happen from a free app but you'll be able to hold your own and it's a great way to continue to practice a language you have learned.
Auralee S.
Tacoma, WA
I have used a few different language apps and found Duolingo in a search through the app store. I decided to try learning French. I love that the app is actually free and doesn't onlt give you the basics before requiring you to pay for the remaining lessons. The way the program introduces lessons, the learning process feels more natural. There is a "coach" that reminds you to do your daily lessons, but even when I have forgotten for a week or two, I find it very easy to jump right back in to the lessons.
Becky R.
Ogden, UT
Techie Expert Level 1
This is a good way to brush up on skills that you already have. It is NOT a good way to learn a language that you have no Foundation in. That part disappointed me. I use it to keep up my French skills since I live somewhere with no francophones. I wanted to learn Spanish but cannot got far with no existing Spanish speaking skills. I also wish that I could use it to keep my Hebrew up, but I cannot read Hebrew, only speak it. Since there’s not a phonetic break down, I am unable to get pat the first level of a language I’ve spoken for 20+ years.
Carley B.
Orange Beach , AL
I enjoy this app on my phone. It helps me to explore other languages at my own pace. They have many different languages to choose from, so you can learn just 1 new language or many.
Lee X.
This app is great if you're looking to learn a new language -- even if it's for fun. It's user and student-friendly, easy to use and interpret. They have fun ways for you to remember new words and have a good variety of languages to pick from. I believe that if you dedicate your time and efforts to this app, it can really teach you new languages efficiently and benefit you in several ways. It's a great tool to get involved and inspiration from, definitely something worth your time to check out in your free time.
Eleanore J.
Haines City, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
I first heard about this app years ago. I recently began the adventure of learning Dutch. For me, this app is most beneficial for learning how to read and write a foreign language. Where this app is lacking is in the proper pronunciation of words. The voice is very robotic and is often hard to understand, let alone try to mimic. The levels are laid out well and the prompts to review old material are helpful. I will continue to use this app alongside other language learning software.
Brittany R.
Arlington, TX
It starts out very slow and at an easy pace and it's kind of designed to be like a game to make it more fun. However, after level 3 it zooms ahead and it's a bit hard to keep the pace with.
Sonja Sky G.
Las vegas, NV
I really like their interactive app. The program is soo easy to use. I'm not a native speaker of Spanish but I have an elementary understanding. I wanted to strengthen my skills and grow my vocabulary so I started using the app and I like the results. I also wanted to learn French, Dutch, and Japanese. I just found out they have a Japanese program now. I'm very excited about getting more courses. Everyone should try it because it's easy to use even in your spare time.
Rebecca W.
Olivet, MI
I am just starting to use this app for myself and I find it very helpful especially with the words are associated with pictures so that way I can visually see it as well and I go back to the a lot of my head busted like a skew it kind of over and over to really get the point in your head so you can remember it I like it and I'm really excited about it and I think it'll be a good tool for more people to get involved in if they want to learn a different language
Eric P.
Virginia Bch, VA
Techie Expert Level 1
Easy to use! My favorite thing to do with this program is the talk-back feature. It listens to you speaking to make sure that you are getting the pronunciation down.
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
What languages are you trying on DuoLingo?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What language are you learning With this?
Juliana H.
Carlsbad, CA
What's the hardest language to learn on Duolingo?
Molly S.
Is this app available on androids?!
Luis A.
Miami, Florida
Techie Expert Level 3
Chinese language ia available for duolingo?