BY DUOLINGO

• Chinese language ia available for duolingo?7 Answers
Chricket B.
Monmouth, IL
Techie Expert Level 1
I am sure this app is great I just have a lot of trouble creating time to use it. I live in a heavily Hispanic populated area and they talk very fast so it's taking awhile for me to learn
Mich L.
I used it to learn Spanish. It helped, but I wish there was a way to turn off the speaking parts. I use it at night in bed, when everyone is sleeping, so I can't be talking into my phone.
Hannibal Hector R.
San Jose, CA
Easy to use and very helpful program. The whole interface is built around it being a game and teaching you without stress so you can just learn and not worry if you are sounding stupid.
Alaa A.
Chicago Ridge, IL
I used this app to learn quick phrases and always have it on hand when traveling to foreign countries. My dialect in Italian was definitely improved and I loved using the app to learn more. I still have it saved so I can continue to improve my language!
A A.
I recently graduated with a degree in Spanish and downloaded this app for practice as I search for a career. It's a nicely-designed app but I started from the beginning just for kicks instead of testing out of levels and skills go "weak" way too quickly. Just today I had twenty skills go weak. This makes it difficult to progress in the app, as each skill probably takes me (who has been studying Spanish for 7 years) about 2 minutes to strengthen and after spending 40 minutes practicing these basic skills I have no desire to practice new ones. Additionally, there is too much focus on exact translation. Whereas you and I know that "I have to do this" and "I need to do this" convey the same meaning, the app will mark you as incorrect if you do not choose the "right" response.
Genesis P.
Union City, NJ
Techie Expert Level 1
I love the little owl it's so cute. Anyway, I like to use this app to learn new words in other languages. I've learned a lot of new things and have been able to communicate with people who speak French and Portuguese. The only problem with this app is that when it comes to verb conjugations and tenses, it doesn't do a thorough job teaching or explaining them to you. Also it doesn't explain how sentence structures work either, so you will have to do a little bit of research on your own separate from the app. Otherwise this apps does an amazingly cute job teaching you vocabulary and how to properly pronounce the words in another language.
Also the app does not show you colloquial words, so you will also have to do an extra bit of research for that too.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
This FREE app has helped me keep up with my minimal Spanish. Easy daily exercises are nice quick brush ups on knowledge. I love that it helps with the pronunciation of the words. So many different languages available!
Madison M.
Gray, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
I actually take a spanish class but duolingo is a great aid to help me brush up on old stuff. Chats with bots, lessons, and review activities help me stay on top of my spanish game D
Molly G.
Dallas, TX
This is a great app for brushing up on your language skills! I did take off one star because I definitely feel that it's better for enhancing your existing fluency than for actually learning a new language...I've been learning Portuguese for six months on it, but I recently went to Brazil and I felt like I didn't know anything. I think it's great for vocabulary, but I wish they'd dedicate more to actual grammatical structures and speech fluency/speed, rather than giving us a lot of example sentences that may or may not be useful. But that might just be unique to how I learn!
Danielle Q.
Overall I love the app and it does a good job at quick leaning. The only con I had was that I wanted to be able to access content while I had no service (ex during a train ride) and that was not there. Though overall I think it is worth a download.
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
What languages are you trying on DuoLingo?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What language are you learning With this?
Juliana H.
Carlsbad, CA
What's the hardest language to learn on Duolingo?
Molly S.
Is this app available on androids?!
Luis A.
Miami, Florida
Techie Expert Level 3
Chinese language ia available for duolingo?