BY DUOLINGO

• How many different languages does this app offer?1 Answers
  • Chinese language ia available for duolingo?7 Answers
AE H.
lanham
I am using the app to learn French. I like the app for memorizing words. However, it is not at all helpful in regards to word choice and syntax. If you get an answer wrong, there’s no explanation as to why. There is a comment section where users can post what they believe to be the reasoning, but there’s no indication that the feedback is correct. And it appears that the word / syntax rules are applied inconsistently, but with the absence of any explanation, it is impossible to tell.
Stacie P.
Geneva, OH
Techie Expert Level 3
I downloaded this app to help me brush up on the 3 years of French took in high school! This is a great app and I started to remember so much after starting to use it. I love how it repeats things so you have to keep repeating word and phrases.
Tabitha R.
I have tried this app on my phone before. It made learning Spanish easier than a few other apps. I think this would be great for someone who has younger children in middle to high school or for a beginner that has some time on their hands.
Jada O.
Los Angeles
This app does help with vocabulary and being able to understand sentences. I used the app to improve my Spanish and I did learn many words because of it, but it didn’t help me understand the Spanish grammar, it is not helpful aside from giving a brief sentence about why a sentence is said a certain way. I still love the app and will continue to use it. With languages that don’t use the ABC characters you might have to learn them before you begin using the app.
Sadie P.
Denver, CO
Techie Expert Level 1
Pretty cool app to learn new languages in a fun and easy way. Better yet it's free to use. Gotta love that. It's super easy to use. And is even kid friendly. It's probably not my top favorite language learning apps but it's up there.
Caridad S.
I loved this app on my ipad it's very interactive kept me engaged and was fun. It's fun online learning and it works you can quickly remember and recall words faster because you are actively listening and reading, which is great I highly recommend this online learning to anyone who is interested in learning a new language. It's so easy to use and I got to have the app on my iPad my iPhone also I got to login online using my laptop.
Amy W.
College Sta, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I love this app. I always use it before I travel to a foreign country and it really helps me learn some basic phrases and vocabulary. It truly is an affordable way to learn language and it’s super addictive, too!
Kendra M.
Miami Gardens, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
Love Duo The kids use it independently I use it regularly for independent study and just to stay using the languages so we don't lose them  I am very happy with the app and the layout it is a very user friendly platform and I recommend it to people all the time and will continue to do so Best app out there that doesn't cost a million dollars. Communication should be free and I love that about them
Ashley G.
DENVER
It's fun to learn a new language. The phrases it teaches you are pretty basic, and a lot of it makes you wonder how you'll use that in the real world. But the do have it so a native speaker or someone fluent in the language you are learning can add a note/comment to a phrase if it is wrong in any way. Although I don't think I can use some of the phrases, I love using this app. Definitely recommend!
Edison P.
Techie Expert Level 3
This is a good app. The user interface is pleasant and simple, allowing you to focus on the learning objectives. The social tools are up-to-date and good if you want to use them. The exercises themselves start basic and have the repetition needed to really help you learn languages.

It loses a star for getting languages like High Valeryian before real languages like Japanese or Arabic.
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
What languages are you trying on DuoLingo?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What language are you learning With this?
Juliana H.
Carlsbad, CA
What's the hardest language to learn on Duolingo?
Molly S.
Is this app available on androids?!
Luis A.
Miami, Florida
Techie Expert Level 3
Chinese language ia available for duolingo?