BY DUOLINGO

• Is this app easy to use and navigate through?6 Answers
  • How many different languages does this app offer?1 Answers
  • Chinese language ia available for duolingo?8 Answers
Jennifer R.
Have made great improvements over the past few years. It is a fun and easy way to learn a new language, although often it feels like the basics are a bit too easy and not helpful. Thankfully it has recently added a chatbot service which is a fun way to practice conversations. Would be great if they integrated voice into this part of the app.
Lauren C.
Wales
Techie Expert Level 1
I have been using duo lingo for the last couple of months and it's great! It is very easy to use and is FREE which is a total bonus! If you are looking to learn a new language then this is a great starter app! It teaches you all the basics and keeps giving you little tests so you don't forget he older things your learned in the beginning!
Aasha O.
It is a perfect app for new language learners in it there are alot of languages you can learn in diffrent languages like english arabic and others the best thing is that the app have levels like basics and alot more levels every day you have target and in some languages there interactive chat you chat with and improve your speaking skills
Fethallah R.
agadir
Duolingo is the best website and application if you want to study other languages i use this website for two years now and i still learn for it also i learned english on that website (Duolingo) easy and they use a simple way of study just to make it simple as possible and there is many languages there if you want to improve your skilles.
Alice V.
brisbane
i use this app to learn all my languages, its easy to sign up and use.  all of its features are fun to use and a different way of learning a language.
the only thing is that if you are looking to learn just phrase and greetings it many not let you learn them first, you might have to learn the word for bread or something first.
Fanny H.
Lachine, QC
My boyfriend and I used this before going on a trip in Cuba! We wanted to learn basic spanish to help us interact with the locals. The site is easy to use, very simple and fun! The best part is that it's totally free. I highly recommend this for people looking to learn the very basics of a language in a very fun and interactive way!
Sophia J.
Its a great platform to give yourself a little bit of practice in the language you are learning everyday. It's not enough by itself but it's a good starting point if you want to start learning a new language. Devoting even 10 minutes a day can be very important when you're just starting out and Duolingo will surely help with that.
Michell G.
LIMA
Is really usful and simple to used. yo can get in any time of the day and complete a sesion and pratice that is really helpfull for people, like me, that are busy and can go to class and learn a new language. I tell a friend that dowloand the app so we can learn together and both think is a really  an interactive and fun app.
Jam A.
Toronto, ON
PRO: What I love about Duolingo is how it motivates you to open it every day. When you haven't used the app for a few days, it will send you this message: "These reminders don't seem to be working. We'll stop sending them for now." However I hate how passive aggressive Duolingo can get, I admit it got me started to learn a language! In fact, I am trying to learn 2 languages right now!

CON: It doesn't really teach you grammar rules, it just helps you to get used to how sentences are constructed. If you are still confused, you have to Google your question on your own. For French for example, I never really understood why they kept changing "mange" (to eat) into mangez, mangeons, and mangent. So I did the research on my own. You will never learn linguistic complications like this in Duolingo. You first learn instinctively, then you proactively learn the rest on your own.

I am also trying to learn Japanese (still starting). The way it's laid out is that it shows you Hiragana characters, then shows you how to pronounce them. Eventually, it will combine syllables to form words. At the end of the first session, I learned around 4 numbers, then 2 other words (night and read). I supplemented my learning by memorizing Japanese numbers from a YouTube video. Then everything made sense. I don't know how this will work out, but I hope to get even slightly familiar with Japanese sentences eventually.
Shannon C.
Melbourne
Duolingo is a useful site if you're wanting to get a feel for a language. However, it's definitely not comprehensive enough to be the only learning resource. Some information can be wrong or mistranslated. Overall, it's useful to review on the go or to quickly work out whether you 'mesh' with a particular language or not.
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
What languages are you trying on DuoLingo?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What language are you learning With this?
Juliana H.
Carlsbad, CA
What's the hardest language to learn on Duolingo?
Molly S.
Is this app available on androids?!
Luis A.
Miami, Florida
Techie Expert Level 3
Chinese language ia available for duolingo?