BY DUOLINGO

• Is this app easy to use and navigate through?6 Answers
  • How many different languages does this app offer?1 Answers
  • Chinese language ia available for duolingo?8 Answers
Alissa A.
How much easier can language acquisition get? I'll be honest, i haven't put a lot of effort into staying determined to learn a language all the way through yet...I easily get my attention split between other things i either need or want to do. But Duolingo is extremely fun. The first language learning program i've tried that is successful in making it feel like a game. The information sticks fast, and mostly deep and longterm. Back when i was working in food service, though i didn't have enough time to practice as much as i wanted, Duolingo gave me just enough knowledge to be able to understand most orders in Spanish. I love how much work they are putting into adding additional languages, too. I'm hoping Asian languages (especially Japanese!) will be coming soon.
PRISCILA Z.
Seattle , WA
I love this app! the only choice of languages I had in middle and high school were either Spanish or French so I ended up taking Spanish for 5 years. I really wanted to learn German because one of my favorite bands sings only in German. I found out about Duolingo and in happy I did. While I did take Spanish for 5 years, it was really hard for me to learn in a classroom setting mainly because I couldn't go at my own pace. With this not only can you go at your own pace but also go back as many times as you need to. I find the activities they give you somehow stuck more for me then learning in a classroom. I had to take a couple of stars because I don't feel like it gives new confidence for conversations. It helps me pick out words and understand them but for some reason I can't get the hang of conversation. My advice is to use this in conjunction with the app Memrise to get the most out of it.
Rosalie @.
W Bloomfield, MI
Duolingo is so great. I used it to learn Swedish and expand my vocabulary. Like learning any language, you need to have multiple avenues of learning, and this is a solid foundation. I paired it with daily newspaper readings and podcasts, and was completely satisfied with my progress. As is common with all language learning programs, certain languages have far more resources than others. Duolingo is no different, and could certainly invest more into the less popular ones. What does exist, however, is great.
Chessa C.
Techie Expert Level 1
Duolingo is good for learning very basic (yet not necessarily very crucial) tidbits of a language. It lets you go at your own pace, which is nice, but I just don't feel that it gets you very far or that it really makes you want to practice enough to get good at a language. I might be biased because when I took the fluency test for Spanish it said I was thirty percent fluent although I'm a solid seventy or more perfect imo. (I'm not actually that hung up on it but anyway I think duolingo is fine, just not enough to meet the hype).
Eugenia B.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 1
This is definitely one of my top two language learning apps. First of all, their illustrations are so cute. What's similar to other language apps is the pace and content is like a classroom feel where your first word is "apple" or something that in my opinion is not super useful or realistic to what I'd need to know if I were going to that language's country of origin. What's different - it is point based so if you get something wrong, you really do have to learn and understand before it lets you move forward. And as you move on from a level, it will give you a progress bar on previous lessons and remind you when it's probably time to review.
Natasha E.
Puyallup, WA
If you're looking to learn a language on a budget, look no further! I tried Duolingo to learn Italian, and did successfully learn some. I did get a little bored with it because I felt that it wasn't presented to me in the way I learn. Some of the helpful tips and grammar rules were presented throughout the lessons, but I felt that being able to look them over from the beginning would make things "click" for me more. Overall, I'd recommend it to learn some vocabulary in a new language.
Andrea S.
Moab
I think its worked really well as a refresher for a course I took all the way back in high school. I can really feel the words coming back to me, not that I was really every that good. I think they also make their program rewarding by showing you your progress as you go, which makes you want to keep learning. I enjoy all the different learning methods they use, like speaking and writing.  However, I question the reliability a little when it comes to the speaking part. I know I am saying some of the words wrong, but it will still say its correct. I would recommend it to others, because its a good place to start and it is fun.
Ligia R.
Techie Expert Level 1
When I first heard about Duolingo I thought it would be a sketchy app that would not be very helpful at all. I decided to give it a try. I have been saying I would love to learn Italian but never did anything about learning Italian. It is very interactive, easily accessible, I am a visual learner so I really enjoy the pictures attached to the word. I love that it has audio assistant that helps with pronunciation. Overall, it's an amazing app. Although it's only flaw is it is limited to languages the app provides users. It's daily reminder is always a great reminder to keep practicing the language of your choice.
Nadia T.
Fitchburg, MA
I've been using Duolingo for years, and it's never failed me. If I falter, then it's my own fault for slacking and not being invested enough. Other than that, the learning strategies implanted in the app are simply amazing. The fact that I can listen and speak back the language is a huge plus for me because without any French speaking people near me, it's a big difficult to get my fluency going. I also like that I can practice JUST my vocabulary on the website and go over words that I haven't seen in ages, look at their translations, conjugations, examples, etc.
Tiffany M.
RICHLANDS, NC
Techie Expert Level 2
This is one of the best language learning apps I've tried. In just a week, I became 9% fluent in German. I dedicate 1-2 hours a day of practice, and go over things I've previously learned soI doing forget them. Tyne app Kris track of strengths and weakness, and notified you where you need more practice. I thunk Kurds any excellent way to take on a new language at your leisure.
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
What languages are you trying on DuoLingo?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What language are you learning With this?
Juliana H.
Carlsbad, CA
What's the hardest language to learn on Duolingo?
Molly S.
Is this app available on androids?!
Luis A.
Miami, Florida
Techie Expert Level 3
Chinese language ia available for duolingo?