Duncan Hines® Perfect Size™ Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Cake & Frosting Mix 9.4 oz. Box

BY DUNCAN HINES #26 in Frosting

Duncan Hines® Perfect Size™ cakes are just the right size for 2 to 4 people. see more...

• This looks tasty. But, Is this really sweet?1 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
Lindsay W.
Oviedo, FL
I really wanted to like this cake. I'm a realistic gal. I knew this would not come close to home made, but I hoped it would be close to the regular box version. Instructions were super simple. No extra store trip for ingredients. Just butter, water and an egg. All easy fridge staples. Busted out the Kitchen Aid for the cake batter and it mixed well. When I later made the frosting it blended pretty well, but still just a tiny bit grainy.

Cake came out great, but did not come out of the pan. Even after cooling 30 minutes. I figured I would just ice the top. I tasted the icing and it was pure sugar. Not even chocolatey. I spread a thin layer on top to try and it was just horrible. I ate two bites and trashed it. It's a good concept, but flavor and execution were awful.
Lisa R.
Bronx, NY
I found this in the baking isle while I was looking for a good cake mix for my hubby's bday. I saw this perfect size option and thought it was perfect. We always have too much cake left over and we end up throwing it away. For $3.49 I got the pan, cake mix and frosting mix. All that was needed was butter and water. I must say I prefer the ready made frosting, but this one wasn't hard to make. I can't wait to try the other flavors!
Brandy M.
Pelham, AL
I swear by these and my kids and husband love them. They are such a perfect size for a dessert for the family there super easy to make they even come with the lil pan to bake it in so no big mess they have all the good flavors (the red velvet is to die for) they even come with the icing and the entire family will love them and want more we make them all the time my 5yr old loves helping me make them my only con is the icing that comes w it seems like alot of trouble to make so I just buy the icing already made and use it otherwise it's a 5***
Elizabeth C.
Long Branch, NJ
I recently purchased this the other day during my grocery shopping. I had never seen this before so i became intrigued and bought it! Its just like regular cake mix just included with a small pan and frosting mix thT you add a little water too. What i would say is to let the frosting harden just a little bit in the fridge before frosting the cake as it is a little runny at first but beside that this is an amazing yummy product!
Megan S.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Great tasting cake mike. The batter was very moist and easy to use. Price is very reasonable. You can pick this up at any local grocery store. All that you'll expect from a cake mix. Very satisfied with this product.
Amanda D.
Waterford, CT
This is AMAZING!!! It really is the perfect size! I'm a big baking fan, but sometimes you're too tired to make something from scratch and/or you only want to make something small. This is perfect for those days! I love that it also comes with its own frosting. Super convenient and tasty!
Alana M.
Patchogue , NY
This was very cute to make! It comes with the small pan and its a perfect size cake for one or two people. I made this for a friend's birthday and it was such a cute personalized cake. The taste was good too, it was very rich and moist. I would recommend this to friends and family.
Kyndal N.
Columbus, GA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
I don't hate it. The was actually very yummy! Icing not so much. I will say that it was convenient that it comes with a pan and calls for regular household ingredients I always have. I bought it though, thinking it was a lot EASIER... I'm used to the single portioned ones where you add a couple things and pop it into a microwave. My grocery store was out, so I saw these were similar.... so I thought.... This one, I had to prep exactly how I would for a cake. Although the results are great, I paid the same price for a smaller cake and put in same time AND effort and time as if I were making a large cake. The fact that it took 35 minutes to cook, then has to cook and THEN ice it definitely put a damper on me wanting something quick and sweet. Also, just buy premise icing, what it comes with is not good.
Carrie S.
Warren, OH
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
My family loves Duncan Hines, it is very inexpensive and so easy to make! It tastes just like one you would buy from a Walmart bakery. Great value for a great price. I buy Duncan Hines whenever I want to make cake!
Liz R.
Perfect cake for 2! If you have an anniversary or special occasion coming up and don't have the money for something expensive these $2 cakes are perfect. They taste amazing and even the frosting is spot on.
Dawn C.
This looks tasty. But, Is this really sweet?